The World Cup Refereeing Thread - discuss the latest VARce here!

Wullie

Guest neesy111

The comms between the ref and VAR need to be made to the broadcasters.  We've got no idea of what is happening between decisions.

The comms between the ref and VAR need to be made to the broadcasters.  We've got no idea of what is happening between decisions.

Yes, completely agree.

Yes, completely agree.

:thup:

Brazilian federation asked FIFA for a transcript of the communication between the VAR referee and referee.

This whole thing is failing right now. Argentina had a clear penalty denied and not looked upon, Brazil had a goal against that should've been disallowed (possibly even a penalty, but that one was more a 50/50 than a stonewall) and Kane should've had a penalty in the first half yesterday. I can see why the referee missed the slight ball touch in the France penalty as seen so many people have missed it, or maybe they deemed not enough of a touch (not sure what the laws of the game says)

You guys need to get over it. It's the first group game. Going to turn into a total farce again if you are not careful like last time when you all acted liked idiots as if Neymar had been killed.

You guys need to get over it. It's the first group game. Going to turn into a total farce again if you are not careful like last time when you all acted liked idiots as if Neymar had been killed.

Wonder if you'd still be complaining about the VAR having gone home yesterday had you guys not ended up winning the game. VAR has been extremely inconsistent. Feels like the ref uses it when they feel like using it.

Guest neesy111

I'd be pissed off yes but I wouldn't expect the FA to write to FIFA with an official complaint after a 1-1 draw in the first group game.

Exactly.

I'd be pissed off yes but I wouldn't expect the FA to write to FIFA with an official complaint after a 1-1 draw in the first group game.

It's an official complaint wanting explanation of the use of VAR and how it works. It's not just for a foul, if that's what you think. I think a lot of federations are not liking the fact that the use of VAR hasn't been explained properly. I know the Argentinians have complained as well. If England had drawn or lost yesterday I'm sure it would've been a different story as well. Due to corruption problems in the Brazilian federations, they're trying to keep it as transparent as possible hence why anything they do is surging to the media. Pretty sure most federations contact FIFA without it all being made public.

Exactly.

:lol: You're pathetic man.

Look at this:

How is that going to be achieved, if federations don't try and get that clarified by FIFA?

Exactly.

Guest neesy111

I'm pathetic.  :spit:

I want the process to be more streamlined and be more transparent, but I wouldn't be crying for this long over the decision.  Get a grip man.

I actually wanted Brazil to win it but I want them to get knocked out now in the worst possible fashion over your reaction on here to the whole situation.

I actually wanted Brazil to win it but I want them to get knocked out now is the worst possible fashion.

:lol: :lol: Hurting my feelings now, nees.

Can't see it being worse than losing 7-1 at home :lol:

Nowt wrong with back office people asking for an explanation.

Yeah. Like said, how else is it gonna move forward? Demanding comms to the broadcast on a message board?

That'll fix it.

Hate Kristian Jacks, he's an analyst on Canadian TV, he's English and an arrogant SOB, he's whining now that people are complaining about the VAR no use yesterday in the England game, "Be careful what you wish for, don't want VAR to interfere all the time". FFS, those are excatly the times you should be using VAR :)

I actually wanted Brazil to win it but I want them to get knocked out now is the worst possible fashion.

:lol: :lol: Hurting my feelings now, nees.

Can't see it being worse than losing 7-1 at home :lol:

A 10-0 drubbing by Costa Rica will probably be worse, so I'm cheering for that.

I think there are a number of fundamental issues with having VAR at this World Cup:

a) it’s been introduced too quickly referees have not had the full training or practical experience before being jumped into it for the World Cup

b) I don’t think all refs are ready to accept the view of others not on the pitch

c) It’s doubled the number of officials. Ref teams aren’t consistent and speak different languages

d) no accountability through public availability of conversations or video footage of VAR officials at work.

For something this big it needed a much larger and much more extensive and phased introduction towards 2022. It’s a mistake really.

In addition I’ve no doubt that Putin and his KGB chums saw VAR coming in and tried to figure out how they could turn such a weak and formative system to their advantage. Why not bribe some officials or even tamper with the audio link to turn matters to their advantage.

PenaltieS :lol: :lol: In one of them Kane was holding the Tunisian player's arm and forcing the defender down with him trying to cheat himself a penalty. Smart move to be fair making it look like the Tunisian was wrestling him down. But I'm sure you didn't see this :lol: Haven't seen any replays of the other one which on tv looked like a penalty on first showing (live)

PenaltieS :lol: :lol: In one of them Kane was holding the Tunisian player's arm and forcing the defender down with him trying to cheat himself a penalty. Smart move to be fair making it look like the Tunisian was wrestling him down. But I'm sure you didn't see this :lol: Haven't seen any replays of the other one which on tv looked like a penalty on first showing (live)

There were two others it was agreed at the time that that one was not a penalty.

Guest firetotheworks

Of all the problems with VAR, of which obviously there's many, that's not one I thought I'd see. I dunno why you'd have a problem with it.