THIRDPLACE-O-METER

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well of-course the US didn't even qualify, so it would be the lowest grade possible.

[emoji38] Honestly you're 100 percent going to the Final and you won't have played a single decent game. It's absolutely fucking sickening. You're going to shitfest a World Cup and act like you were good. It'll ruin the sport.

Wtf is this bullshit? [emoji38]

[emoji38] Fuck off you've been terrible for four games and you're cruising to 2nd at least. Actually glad there's gonna be 100 teams at the next one. Prevent this from happening, hopefully.

That happens all the time though, quite often a team squeaks through to the final without being particularly impressive.

Saying that, we played some great stuff against Tunisia first half and dealt out the biggest hammering so far to Panama.  Not great sides but that's who we played.  Belgium doesn't count but agree last night was an ugly and tense performance.

I do think/hope we blow away the Swedes the next game to put this to rest.  Not dissing Sweden but we'll surely play without fear more than any game in our recent history, given what happened last time.  Fancy us to play a hell of a lot better than last night anyway.

I thought you played without fear last night until you scored anyway. The creativity just wasn't there. I hate this Swedish team but they're a very tough nut to crank

Colombia sat back all first half and it was a cagey 0-0 like many of the other last 16 first halves.

England aren't Man City or owt but we've got a lot more going forward than that last night.

It was indeed a foul on Kane, yes.

:lol: Hate the way you use the language.

Think about it makes us feel, the way Americans ruin our language. ;)

I’m with the Yanks on this one. We learned British English in school over here, but my god, American English is just so much simpler and better. English 2.0

I’m with the Yanks on this one. We learned British English in school over here, but my god, American English is just so much simpler and better. English 2.0

I'm shocked and stunned.

I find it quite funny how on 4th July, a celebration of independence, patriotism and generally having a good time. Mike is spending it on an English forum arguing about menial things. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I can only assume Mike has had some dodgy chicken or late.

:lol: Dodgy chicken to you must mean there was seasoning on it.

We don’t need seasoning on our chicken, it tastes too damn good as it is. If you need seasoning on your chicken you’re obviously trying to compensate for the dog shit taste of it.

I find it quite funny how on 4th July, a celebration of independence, patriotism and generally having a good time. Mike is spending it on an English forum arguing about menial things. :lol:

I was celebrating the 4th of July in LA last year. It was shit. The fireworks were shit. The drinks were shit. The bro-people were shit. Dear god the entire fucking day was shit, and traffic was somehow worse than normal.

Never been so disappointed in fireworks my entire life. Had been so hyped up, and in the end the shit fireworks you can buy for a tenner for new year’s over here were miles better.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s been a tough season for Mike to be fair, shit chicken, Liverpool losing out in the CL final and the USA having to watch Panama at the WC and not them. At least he can celebrate the anniversary of Will Smith defeating the aliens in the battle of the World Series of the universe.

I’ll just settle with me rewatching some highlights from last night’s win over Colombia.

[emoji38] Hate the way you use the language.

I'm shocked and stunned.

[emoji38]

Guest Howaythetoon

I think we'll get to the final and lose to Brazil.

I don’t know what to make of us, we can get to the final and even win it, anyone from here can, but there are better teams ahead of us or rather teams with better players in certain areas we cannot compete with. Modric, Neymar, Hazard, Suarez et al.

The team I fear the most going forward are Belgium, but they can be got at defensively. Uruguay are the team that can hold you off and nick a goal and have that kind of consistent balance.

Again if I were France or Brazil I’d be thinking, this is here for the taking, but they will have to eliminate one another to get to the Final. Whoever comes out on top of that side of the draw will win the tournament. I’m happy just making the quarters as it’s further than I thought we would get, but really, if we play our game and our better players perform, we can make the Final.

One of my favourite things about this tournament is the face turn from England fans defending the team against the press. Rather than lapping up the ‘Turnip’ bollocks and the vitriol towards Beckham after ‘98, there seems to be a big ‘fuck you’ to the gutter press who write shit. It’s been glorious.

I’m talking the ‘leaked’ team sheet and the way that Lawton was shot down in pieces last night for the Sterling article in particular.

Guest Howaythetoon

One of my favourite things about this tournament is the face turn from England fans. Rather than lapping up the ‘Turnip’ bollocks and the vitriol towards Beckham after ‘98, there seems to be a big ‘fuck you’ to the gutter press who write shit. It’s been glorious.

I wouldn’t know like, there seems a hatred of Sterling no matter what and I guarantee if we lose against Sweden fans will turn. As ever with the national team, most of the cunts who come out during a tournament are hangers on, same people who go daft when a big boxing match is on having never seen a bout in their life or go to the races and wouldn’t recognise a horse from a cat. That’s what puts me off England and doesn’t make me feel part of some National love in onwards the England team. Only sing when you’re winning couldn’t be more apt!

Simpler.  You have to cater for your audience mate.

I'm shocked and stunned.

:lol:

I think we'll get to the final and lose to Brazil.

I really don't fancy Brazil to get to the final for some reason. If Belgium don't do them, which is quite likely if Martinez changes it to match them in midfield imo, then France or Uruguay will.

Well of-course the US didn't even qualify, so it would be the lowest grade possible.

:lol: Honestly you're 100 percent going to the Final and you won't have played a single decent game. It's absolutely fucking sickening. You're going to shitfest a World Cup and act like you were good. It'll ruin the sport.

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.