Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

If by some miracle they get through Mascherano getting suspended might actually be a good thing.

He's been terrible.

His movement legitimitely reminds me of Jack Colback. Just pointlessly jogging about after the ball without ever actually getting involved.

Decent half that. Poised for an interesting second.

Disagree with Shearer there like, France have had a few dangerous counter attacks & free kicks, but Argentina have been the more proactive side without causing too much of a threat. Seem to have had more of the ball too - just about edged the half for me, 1-1 is fair.

No idea why France stood off and gave Argentina space on the ball for the last 15 minutes.

It's pretty obvious they are incapable of creating passing angles under any sort of pressure not to mention the embarrassment that is the Argentina defence.

I don't see how Argentina can persist with both Mascherano and Rojo defensively. Their rash and reckless play nearly saw them out of the tournament in the last match. The pair of them have blatantly rugby tackled an attacker, needlessly grabbed a non-threatening player from a set piece, kicked a player in the face, and headed it off his their arm all within Argentina's penalty box in the last 135 minutes, ffs. :lol: I can easily see one or both of them getting sent off in the second half here or giving away another penalty.

Messi as a false-nine has been entirely ineffective, imo. They need a real forward or at least some pace for the attack to function properly.