The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Howay Croatia, about time someone else won it. When was the last time a non major nation won it?

Be delighted for Modric and this people. I can actually see them doing to France what they did to us, but France having too much know how and defensive steal at the back with the added pace of Mbape up front to de them off.

Uruguay in 1950? Unless you class Spain/France as a non-major.

Spain and France have always been major football nations if not always major football teams at this level.

Am I the only one that feels like there seems to be way too much talk of Modric v MBappé rather than France v Croatia. Both have been excellent, but both teams have gotten to where they are based on the collective and not individual performance. Don't think any of the players has carried their teams to the final, goes especially for MBappé that decided to be ridiculous in the first KO match and then only again in the semi-final for few bursts.

That said, see this as a competitive game, but at the end of the day do expect France to be a tad too much for this Croatian side. 2-0 final score.

france only conceded in 2 games, really hard to see croatia scoring 2 or more as you'd expect france will put at least one past them

think back to the semi with belgium chasing the game, i needed 2 corners for a bet in the last 2 minutes of the game...not only did france not concede a goal they didn't even concede a fucking corner :lol:

france only conceded in 2 games, really hard to see croatia scoring 2 or more as you'd expect france will put at least one past them

think back to the semi with belgium chasing the game, i needed 2 corners for a bet in the last 2 minutes of the game...not only did france not concede a goal they didn't even concede a fucking corner :lol:

For all their players, Belgium had no idea how to create something out of possession. They were at their best when counter-attacking all tournament. I mean even 2-0 up against Brazil and they couldn't keep possession .

For all their players, Belgium had no idea how to create something out of possession. They were at their best when counter-attacking all tournament. I mean even 2-0 up against Brazil and they couldn't keep possession .

doesn't change the quality of france's defending against 2 world class and plenty of other top class players though

France 3 Croatia 0. I think Les Bleus will apply early pressure and break through with a set piece (the theme of 2018), and that Mbappe/Greizmann will hurt Croatia on the counter at some point in the second half. To me it will be similar to the rest of their matches this tournament; an incredibly talented side controlling the game on the strength of their organisation and creating goals from individual moments of quality rather than cohesive team play, while being fairly boring in the process.

VAR has not been as much of an issue in the knockout stages, but I have a feeling that we will see at least one massively controversial decision today based on it. :lol: