Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

On 28/12/2022 at 10:43, Coffee_Johnny said:

Think I have a negative bias re young Sean. Don’t know why; love local lads doing well. Dawns on me I only ever seem to notice when something doesn’t come off—miscontrol, not quite making a pass, too ponderous in decision making. I know he puts in admirable effort. Always great to see.

New Year’s resolution, I’m going to try and shift focus and notice the good on the ball moments, the contributions he makes in possession. 

Ok, so it isn't quite New Year. Too many occasions where he did well to be in position, receive the ball, but his use of it was just 'a bit' off. Need more artistry in that position. At this point, he is a bench player if we are to be a consistently top four team. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Always baffles me how players at this level who have trained their entire lives to play football can’t strike a ball with good technique when it’s one of the easiest things you can work on in training 

pressure I imagine. 

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Always baffles me how players at this level who have trained their entire lives to play football can’t strike a ball with good technique when it’s one of the easiest things you can work on in training 

Thought his shooting was good when he first broke through but it's been terrible for ages, really low on confidence in the final third for some reason.

Edited by Pata

Don't think he was that bad overall tbh. We know his limitations. But those two finishes were absolutely shocking. He had another opening towards the end where he should definitely have took the shot as well but clearly bottled it because of the earlier misses. All the more annoying because he makes the right kind of runs where he could really do with offering a goal threat - and when he was out on loan as a young player shooting seemed to be one of his strengths.

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Don't think he was that bad overall tbh. We know his limitations. But those two finishes were absolutely shocking. He had another opening towards the end where he should definitely have took the shot as well but clearly bottled it because of the earlier misses. All the more annoying because he makes the right kind of runs where he could really do with offering a goal threat - and when he was out on loan as a young player shooting seemed to be one of his strengths.

his shooting has digressed massively 

2 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Not premier league level???? lol Not even top 3 premier league level - that's bs! He's clearly PL level, just has limitations. Knee Jerk central.

Not knee jerk at all.  He would never get a regular place in any other top half team and won't in ours as soon as a we have a replacement.

8 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

Works his socks off, but is no where near premier league quality.  Unfortunately.

:lol: Fucking hell, he has started 13/17 games (full 90 minutes 10 games in a row during the great run) for a team that's deservedly third at New Year's Eve and you say he's no where near PL quality.

Edited by Pata