Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Just now, TorchyTBB said:

Not knee jerk at all.  He would never get a regular place in any other top half team and won't in ours as soon as a we have a replacement.

Isn't the bottom half part of Premier League too? How quickly some forget :lol:

Comical man! Guess your the type that boo the players too.

To Pata's point, short memory. Football is often about players who do the  dirty work - I agree he wont be a starter in 2 seasons but your point is actually foolish, as we are 3rd in the league and he's played a huge part in the team getting there.

GIve your head a shake :)

Just now, Oregon_Geordie said:

Comical man! Guess your the type that boo the players too.

To Pata's point, short memory. Football is often about players who do the  dirty work - I agree he wont be a starter in 2 seasons but your point is actually foolish, as we are 3rd in the league and he's played a huge part in the team getting there.

GIve your head a shake :)

I really don't boo players.  If you really think Lonstaff is premier leagure quality, maybe it's not me that needs to give my head a shake.  It's my opinion and I most definitely stand by it.  We are all entitled to one and you are entitled to disagree.  That's life...

1 minute ago, TorchyTBB said:

I really don't boo players.  If you really think Lonstaff is premier leagure quality, maybe it's not me that needs to give my head a shake.  It's my opinion and I most definitely stand by it.  We are all entitled to one and you are entitled to disagree.  That's life...

Lol I trust Howe over you or myself, he seems to rate him as premier league quality. I guess he's playing in the Premier League my chance. Maybe he won a competition.

Such a hard player to assess. Does a good job in some elements of the game but is ultimately too slow and not good enough to be a top player. 

I reckon replace him with a top midfielder and we could easily win 3-0 today. 

No hard feelings though, has a place in the squad and does the best job he can. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

20 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

He is premier league quality though. He's playing in the prem for a top side, and has been class for most of this season. He's not perfect, even he would agree with that. And he'll know where he needs to improve if he wants to keep up with the rise of our club. 

Him being premier league quality isn't even an opinion. It's fact. Will he spend all of his career in top flight football? fuck if I know. 

Has anyone noticed how easily players get past him with the ball? A simple drop of the shoulder or a step over and he is done. When we do corners or free kick set pieces and leave him as last man I find it terrifying....

He was awful today, not just his poor shooting.  Pretty much everything was desperately bad.

33 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

I mean we’re like almost 6 months into a season and he’s been a deserving regular in one of the best teams in the Premier League, so it’s just an anti-factual statement to make. It’s fair enough to be disappointed after today but I think your argument isn’t remotely persuasive.

1 hour ago, TorchyTBB said:

Works his socks off, but is no where near premier league quality.  Unfortunately.

You don't get up to third in the league by new year by carrying a midfielder who isn't Premier League quality.

I think longstaff's faults would be overlooked if we had other cms who were regularly scoring, running past players or having the skill to play the killer ball into the forward.

Big Jo, Willock and Longstaff are unable to that against defensive teams.. so the negative traits are highlighted as soon as we struggle.

1 hour ago, Klaus said:

We will probably be playing a lot more games next season. He will be a handy squad player going forward. Will never be a world beater though.

Disagree with that, not gonna slag him off but he’s an average mid table player that’s all and we should replace him if we’re gonna have higher ambitions.

13 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I've never rated him and I don't want to to go massively in on him as he's played a huge part in getting us to where we are but snatching at those chances at this top level is just not good enough. 

This

2 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I think longstaff's faults would be overlooked if we had other cms who were regularly scoring, running past players or having the skill to play the killer ball into the forward.

Big Jo, Willock and Longstaff are unable to that against defensive teams.. so the negative traits are highlighted as soon as we struggle.

Ultimately he needs to be upgraded.