Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

4 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Hope we can get shot in the summer. He’s a passenger who hides from the ball. Pure profit from an FFP point of view as well. 

Fuck knows who buys him. 

I know a close friend of his family and she reckons he’s shitting himself about being sold off. He’s very aware he’s prime FFP fodder. 

Just now, Minhosa said:

Fuck knows who buys him. 

I know a close friend of his family and she reckons he’s shitting himself about being sold off. He’s very aware he’s prime FFP fodder. 

If he’s so scared he should maybe do something to prove his worth to the team because at the minute he’s offering fuck all, Miley’s looked better all season and it’s his first year playing professional football. 

3 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Hes found his level which is mid table plodder fodder . Sell and hope someones daft enough to give us some decent amount for him 

Dont think he is premier league level at all tbh. Surprised if any club in PL shows an interest. Maybe Nottingham can help us out again.

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Fuck knows who buys him. 

Did he not mention it's was always his ambition to play in the Saudi pro league with his big mate almiron. £100 million should.get them both.

If FFP wasn’t an issue, you’d keep him for back up minutes, local player etc. but he’s one that probably can bring in money to a lower end Prem side, and so we should be ruthless.

Longstaff/Almiron/Wilson/Lascelles should be moved on in summer. CB/ST/RW in. Don’t know what we can expect from that, £50m? (15-15-15-5) as realistic aims. Need to nail the buys as money won’t stretch far. 

Ashley era going to hurt us for so long as after that, it’s the big guys that will only bring in the good money.

Edit: Scrap CM. Only need to get one if Joelinton is moved on.

Edited by Sibierski

our current three midfielders  dont complement each other so its does make them look worse than they are.

he's not been great but longstaff just seems shot of all confidence.

someone mentioned the threat of being sold and i wonder if thats affecting him.

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

If FFP wasn’t an issue, you’d keep him for back up minutes, local player etc. but he’s one that probably can bring in money to a lower end Prem side, and so we should be ruthless.

Longstaff/Almiron/Wilson/Lascelles should be moved on in summer. CB/ST/RW in. Don’t know what we can expect from that, £50m? (15-15-15-5) as realistic aims. Need to nail the buys as money won’t stretch far. 

Ashley era going to hurt us for so long as after that, it’s the big guys that will only bring in the good money.

Edit: Scrap CM. Only need to get one if Joelinton is moved on.

Wasn't Tonali his replacement? Think he was as always meant to be backup this season. 

I'd sell him in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even keep him as a squad player. I'll be really pissed off if him and Almiron are still here at the end of the summer transfer window. 

Just now, vexred said:

I'd sell him in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even keep him as a squad player. I'll be really pissed off if him and Almiron are still here at the end of the summer transfer window. 

And Ritchie, he deserves his Saudi pay day.

Just now, vexred said:

I think it won't be easy to shift either of them tbh. They won't command big fees for a start, and they aren't really the ambitious type, so I think they'll be reluctant to move. This is probably the best club they will ever play for, so their next move will inevitably feel like a step down.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think it won't be easy to shift either of them tbh. They won't command big fees for a start, and they aren't really the ambitious type, so I think they'll be reluctant to move. This is probably the best club they will ever play for, so their next move will inevitably feel like a step down.

I think we could get £15M for him. A newly promoted team or Forest might take him. 

1 minute ago, vexred said:

I think we could get £15M for him. A newly promoted team or Forest might take him. 

I'm not sure he'd want to go anywhere, and I'm not sure we'd push him out either. Him being a local lad probably gives him extra credit with Eddie, so unless it's a fee we can't turn down I think he'll be here next season. Hope he's not starting games though.

He's popped in with a few goals here and there to help, and he has been a grafter in the past, but there's a list of possibly five or six who should be seived out.

I think you have to look at sides like Palace, Burnley, Everton, these slow workmen type sides where he'd fit. He's obviously better than a Will Hughes at Palace, or should Everton sell Onana, he might be a cheap alternative?

I could see someone buying him, or, he just becomes our bench player where he'd probably be ok as a back up to our key players.

In terms of Fifa negotiations, he becomes sporadic instead of important. 

I feel bad slating him. As he might be yet another one of our players, that is playing through injury. But after a decent start this season. He has been pretty shite since coming back from….. oh yes. Injury. 

Last night was woeful. Seemed lazy with his tracking and Colback’esque attempts at tackles. Made some good off the ball runs, as always. But never seems to be available for the ball when it mattered and he is so limited when he does get it. 

I’m sure he used to be quite physical and actually get about the pitch making an impact last season? Which is why I feel like he isn’t fully fit. 

Either way. I wouldn’t want him playing many games next season. Would happily move him on if we could get say 10-15m for him somehow. 

I just think that even at his best, he’s a limited footballer. Anything below his best and he’s not good enough for the top half of the PL. Hes got enough application and covers enough yards to be useful when we’re able to play a full press. Take that away, give us few opportunities with the ball and he’s just there as a passenger