Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

Obviously should have scored but tiredness must have played a part in that aswell.

Lacking composure under pressure probably played more.

You can't fault the way he applies himself but his quality doesn't half go missing at times. From that exceptional instinctive finish on his weaker foot on Saturday, to that complete brainfart tonight... frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Obviously should have scored but tiredness must have played a part in that aswell.

Yep. That and he was up against a very good GK for one on ones. 

lay off him man. that was some keeper he was facing last night. wasnt an easy a chance as it appeared.

martinez spread himself like the Pope (Nick, not gadgie in rome) and made a great save.

He should have hit it earlier into the corner so it was a mistake I'd say. However he did the same for his goal against Palace earlier in the season where he settled himself before finishing into the corner and it was the right decision that time.

12 hours ago, Smal said:

thought he was good tbh. That finish was laughable though obviously.

You missed how far he ran to get there in the last minutes? Against one of  the best keepers out there?

He had just made a gruelling run from the other side of the pitch to get in front of the Villa player late in the game. He must have been so tired the only focus was to hit the ball. 

The finish was of course very poor, but I think he scores there if it had been earlier in the game.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He had just made a gruelling run from the other side of the pitch to get in front of the Villa player late in the game. He must have been so tired the only focus was to hit the ball. 

The finish was of course very poor, but I think he scores there if it had been earlier in the game.

Exactly Too many people on here don't understand his job in the team? How many chances does Bruno fuck up?

13 hours ago, STM said:

He's a valuable member of the squad.

This is another problem with FFP/PSR. Taken in isolation of course you are right. Players who are happy to be at the club and can do a job should always have a place. But now I'm thinking if we sold him for £25m, that would count as pure profit as he's a homegrown player, and that would release enough funds to buy a genuine class first team midfielder. Same was true for Almiron.

If we were just allowed to spend the money we can afford, there'd be less reason to move on valued members of the squad, even if they aren't good enough to take us to the top.

56 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Not sure Murphy actually hit the target from one yard. :lol: 

He didn't he sent it back in the direction it came from. :lol:

He was all over the pitch. Covered every blade of grass. 

I think we have to accept that he is very limited on the ball under any sort of pressure. Also that he is going to waste some promising positons with his hit and miss finishing. But he is important in games like that. He was still pressing and running his bollocks off in the 94th minute.