Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

He's not had as good a season as last season so far but I wouldn't be selling him. We should probably look to upgrade him when we can but he's a really valuable option, fills homegrown quota, and when he's on form the whole team tends to look better for it.

Nobody is going to pay anything worth selling him for, he'll stay long term imo.

It'd be stupid to sell. Where else are you going to find a decent midfielder that'll happily play a bit part role, if he needs to, due to his love of the club?

He's not Paul Dummett. He can actually contribute in a meaningful way (no offence Paul).

Edited by Weezertron

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t see anyone buying Longstaff for significant money. 

Well that does speak to how highly valued he is from a neutral POV. Obviously there is more attachment from the fans because of the local connection, but ultimately it's what you do on the pitch which makes other teams willing to throw big money for your players.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He has to take a yellow for the team in that second half

So many times he just lets them to drift past him and he's out of the game 

He tried at one point but was too soft

14 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

he suddenly lost all of his technical and physical ability.

On another note, fuck Tonali man, this is why we bought him for.

What technical ability? He's got a good engine, he should get credit for that, but he's not good under pressure, and his first touch is dreadful at this level.

I'm at risk of repeating myself here quite a lot, but he hovers around the ball without actually wanting it.

Getting a bit sick of him getting the ball, not fully under control, and crumpling like a deck of cards when the opposition midfielders tackle him. I wouldn't mind, Bruno does it and he can sell it but Longstaff too often does it needlessly, gets nothing off the ref, and puts us under pressure. Hopefully he can cut it out or sell it better.

Edited by Kid Icarus

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

What technical ability? He's got a good engine, he should get credit for that, but he's not good under pressure, and his first touch is dreadful at this level.

I'm at risk of repeating myself here quite a lot, but he hovers around the ball without actually wanting it.

His engine is broken, watching him jog back after Bruno lost the ball leaving 2 players open right infront of him was just sad.