Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Last 10 minutes you'd not have been able to pick out which one of our midfield was the 17 year old kid, which one has just spent 3 years at Hartlepool, Exeter and Crewe, and who's played nearly 150 games for us in the Premier League.

He is slow in both football intelligence and in footballing ability. He is so weak on the ball and has no recovery pace when he inevitably loses possession. First one that needs replacing in the summer.

dont hate him at all but he's seems mentally weak.

he really is a confidence player.

as with botman, he needs taken out for a couple of weeks at least.

Its over.  Good lad, part of the fabric, would like it to work but after holdin down the fort to a degree he's painfully falling behind the pace of what's required for us now - more Brian Kerr than Lee Clark in that regard.

Made a point of just watching him for 10 minutes to see what he did. He did nothing. Not a single positive contribution. I’m overly positive but I can’t cope with Longstaff playing anymore.

Happy to backtrack on my comments about him at HT. I thought he got himself in the way to good effect on a few occasions to begin with but he was absolutely brutal in that second half. I've been an advocate for keeping him in the team despite his limitations, because he's got great stamina, he's useful in the air and he's got a goal in him - but if he's gonna play like that it's absolutely pointless. 

Just now, midds said:

Just need to move him on to whoever is fucking stupid enough to buy him from us. Price is irrelevant, just get him out

I hate to be thinking this of a local lad who scores the occasional goal but then that is literally exactly just what he is and I cannot see him being anything more than that

He offers nothing vast majority of the time and can be extremely frustrating. I just don't see us moving to the next step with having him in our squad.

If he's not doing that half space run then he's pretty much not doing anything else if we're the ones with more of the ball. Miley is so much more purposeful.

Longstaff is another Miggy in our evolution. Can be useful tactically with his legs, stamina etc. but not what you want as a regular starter.

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Just need to move him on to whoever is fucking stupid enough to buy him from us. Price is irrelevant, just get him out

Could be a decent player for a team further down the league, or Championship.

Heck he could join his brother at Toronto and be a legend.

Sadly with us I doubt he’ll ever be anything more than a squad player.

Having energy and stamina is fine but when it's just headless chicken stuff, it's useless. Running around and trying is fine but when it's not backed up with footballing intelligence then it's useless. Same goes for Almiron. Running and trying isn't enough, sorry lads, off you pop