Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

On 25/04/2024 at 07:47, McCormick said:

Always comes unstuck against a good press. Great engine, great attitude, very coachable but terrible in tight spaces; poor close control, slow decision-making and zero press-resistance. 

It’s a real testament to his work ethic though that he’s managed to forge a career for himself at the highest level without any natural advantages in his game. 

Is he coachable or has Howe now got the maximum he can out of him?

I think hes a very limited player with very poor concentration and decision making, probably  a decent player for a club aiming for 12th-17th

Edited by JigsawGoesToPieces

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I reckon he'll get a cheer when he doesn't throw himself to the ground after someone looks at him.

I really think its just because he see's Bruno do it, and make it look easy. 

Was it Bruno's first game where he did it in his own box and we collectively shit ourselves, his success rate must be 95% or higher and Longstaff at around 20%

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Was it Bruno's first game where he did it in his own box and we collectively shit ourselves, his success rate must be 95% or higher and Longstaff at around 20%

IMG_3742.thumb.jpeg.7343b925e8d9b5979e6ca62ae8c27141.jpeg

1 hour ago, TRC said:

Bruno is the best I’ve ever seen at doing it.  It’s an art form to that man 

1 hour ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Is he coachable or has Howe now got the maximum he can out of him?

I think hes a very limited player with very poor concentration and decision making, probably  a decent player for a club aiming for 12th-17th

Disagree about decision making and concentration. Just think it’s down to footballing technique more than anything. Defensively, he was extremely good last season which shows he is switched on, he also makes loads of excellent late runs into the box. The issue is he can’t shield a ball well, he doesn’t have much passing range and he isn’t good at carrying the ball 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Disagree about decision making and concentration. Just think it’s down to footballing technique more than anything. Defensively, he was extremely good last season which shows he is switched on, he also makes loads of excellent late runs into the box. The issue is he can’t shield a ball well, he doesn’t have much passing range and he isn’t good at carrying the ball 

He dawdles on the ball a lot - which is a concentration issue tbf

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Best game in ages

Even some good passing

Yep, played a nice reverse pass in the build up to the first goal. He's looked much more positive today.

Really pleased he got on the score sheet and had a good game, could tell he needed it. Yes it was only a crap Burnley side etc but it's a reminder that he's not totally useless.

the BBC ratings have Ritchie at 8.03 and Longstaff at 4.25 

which is obviously mental and just shows that some people have it in for him no matter what 

Posted (edited)

No chance we’re selling him. Daftys.

If you genuinely think he’s a bad player or doesn’t add much to the squad you don’t have a clue about football.

Local lad, good squad player. Very reliable.

Love him.

Edited by Toon1892

The cynic in me thinks players are coming back and finally options to put him on the bench and now he plays more than a 3 out of 10 performance. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Toon1892 said:

No chance we’re selling him. Daftys.

If you genuinely think he’s a bad player or doesn’t add much to the squad you don’t have a clue about football.

Local lad, good squad player. Very reliable.

Love him.

:lol: If you say so pal

He's had a poor season, a decent performance against a Championship team doesn't really change that. If a team is daft enough to bid £20m for him he'd be one of the first I'd move on along with Almiron.

Edited by Menace