Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

1 minute ago, Menace said:

:lol: If you say so pal

You want a smaller squad in Europe next year than we did this season? Haha. Unbelievable 

Did you not learn anything from this season?

We’re not selling him this summer. Wake up.

Longstaff is fine. Decent player.

Whatever your thoughts though, he's too good to be sold.

We need to name 4 academy players in the squad for Europe, and there aren't 4 better than him. You can argue Miley and Anderson are 2, but I can't see 2 more. Until that time comes, he's not for sale and rightly so.

Anyone thinking he might be off to raise funds is deluding themselves and needs to be prepared for disappointment.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Longstaff is fine. Decent player.

Whatever your thoughts though, he's too good to be sold.

We need to name 4 academy players in the squad for Europe, and there aren't 4 better than him. You can argue Miley and Anderson are 2, but I can't see 2 more. Until that time comes, he's not for sale and rightly so.

Anyone thinking he might be off to raise funds is deluding themselves and needs to be prepared for disappointment.

Completely agree.

Last year he was fantastic. This year he’s been so reliable, had some incredible games (PSG at home comes to mind) and he’s given me some amazing memories.

Even at the game today singing he’s one of our own. 

His biggest critics are the armchair fans. The same ones that wanted Howe gone and the same people that think we can sell Jamal Lewis for £5M.

Absolutely love having locals in the team. I know the arm chair fans over look that but it’s so important.

Edited by Toon1892

Posted (edited)

All those people hoping he’s sold or wanting him gone. Please don’t celebrate if he scores important goals for us in important games for us again. Please sit still. Don’t enjoy it. If you can’t support him when he’s played with an injury most of the season, pulling us out of trouble when everyone around him wasn’t available to play. 

You don't deserve the moment of ecstasy when when of our local academy players no doubt will score more important goals for us.

Edited by Toon1892

22 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

The cynic in me thinks players are coming back and finally options to put him on the bench and now he plays more than a 3 out of 10 performance. 

You think he doesn’t really care? Fucking hell. :jesuswept:

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Longstaff being on 7 goals makes me understand the links with McTominay a bit more now.

Surprised they're both on 7 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Pata said:

You think he doesn’t really care? Fucking hell. :jesuswept:

Little perplexed how me thinking him "upping" his game means he doesn't care??

He's a local lad bleeds black and white and is living the dream with his family in the crowd. Does that mean he's not been dog shit at times? Limited at times? Shadow tackling and almost allergic to recieve the ball and simply send it back to the team mate who passed to him in the first place. 

Caring about the club you love and putting your body on the line week after week to help the side as a collective has my respect. 

However this doesn't make me question how he can turn up like he did today when it appeared almost impossible as much as 2 weeks ago? Calibre of opposition maybe? Change in system? Or the prospect that having options on the bench means he has to find a way to elevate his performance or see him slip out of the side.

Edited by nufcjmc

It could just be that he played better today because Burnley are absolutely dogshit right? 

a bit like how everyone thought we were so much better when he came in to the side for Tonali at start of the season but reality was we were just playing Brentford, Sheff U and Burnley instead of Man City, Liverpool and Brighton (we were beating Liverpool and only 1 down against Brighton when he came in).

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

It could just be that he played better today because Burnley are absolutely dogshit right? 

a bit like how everyone thought we were so much better when he came in to the side for Tonali at start of the season but reality was we were just playing Brentford, Sheff U and Burnley instead of Man City, Liverpool and Brighton (we were beating Liverpool and only 1 down against Brighton when he came in).

Or PSG? And he did come on and get an assist in that Brighton game. But I guess that doesn’t fit your narrative.

Edited by Toon1892

Good interview with him on NUFCTV talking about Howe pulling him to one side and clearing his mind a bit. Clearly been taking the recent criticism to heart.

He's done my head in loads this season. The criticism has been justifiable for some of his poor decision-making but he's clearly a great lad.

That was one of the best finishes of his career today. He didn’t overcomplicate it and he placed it perfectly. He had a second chance to do similar and messed it up. I’m pleased for him that he scored today and I’m pleased the away fans showed him some love. He deserves not to be hounded for his poor performances this season and I hope he can produce some good sub appearances going forward but it’s going to be good for him and for us when he’s taken out of the first team next year 

2 hours ago, Toon1892 said:

Completely agree.

Last year he was fantastic. This year he’s been so reliable, had some incredible games (PSG at home comes to mind) and he’s given me some amazing memories.

His biggest critics are the armchair fans. The same ones that wanted Howe gone and the same people that think we can sell Jamal Lewis for £5M.

Absolutely love having locals in the team. I know the arm chair fans over look that but it’s so important.

This is just not true, overall this season he's been poor

Was good up until his injury, since then he's mostly been turgid

Playing through injury may well be the reason for that but he has been terrible, suggesting otherwise is absurd 

2 hours ago, Toon1892 said:

Completely agree.

nah, I fucking love Howe. One of his biggest fans on here.

So reliable? Howay, I like the lad and I like that he cares so much. He was very good last season. This season he’s been in well over half his games. The injuries he’s carried obviously take some of the blame but let’s not make out like he’s had more than two-three good games this season while the rest have been hard to watch 

He's been poor in '24, I'd say 5/10 average, and I'm probably one of his biggest fans on here. The injury explains half of it, but think he's climbed inside his own head and beat himself up as well. He's that type of person. A good rest, some alternatives on the pitch and hopefully he's a good squad player for the next couple of seasons. He's not a 1st teamer, not with Joelinton, Bruno & Tonali, but he's better than what we've seen lately. Him, Miley & Anderson should be the backup to our 3 main mids, and there's Willock if he ever finds fitness.