Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

all of us on this place do need to reign in the criticism of players at times.

eg some of the abuse Miggy gets on here.

it affects them all. i bet joelinton had an absolutely miserable couple of years until he was save by Eddie.

Bruce is the exception as he would happily criticise the fans, lie,  and his treatment of the likes of the Longstaffs and Ritchie was disgusting. 

Put it this way, I disliked Pardew with a passion, I didn't like the football, liked him even less as a person and as the public face of Mike Ashley. 

When Steve Bruce came in I stepped away from Newcastle. Rafa leaving and being replaced with a manager I knew was absolutely shit was the last straw for me, I went as far as watching us on Match of the Day and that was it. I didn't pay any attention to what was going on at the club or anything that Steve Bruce was doing and saying. I didn't experience it in anywhere near the same way that I did with Pardew. 

When I started paying attention again and saw all of these people talking about how much of an unlikeable person Bruce is I scoffed at it thinking that there's no possible way that he could be anywhere near as unlikeable as Pardew was. The good thing about not having paid any attention is that I can laugh at Bruce, he's pretty hilarious as a character when you can step away from it.

Looking into it now, hearing about what he's done, seeing snippets of interviews, the things he's said, the lies he's told, the slum lord stuff, the obvious lack of professionalism, the way him and his failson's gone on, the way he's played the victim - it's pretty clear that he's a total shitbag.

Being more unlikeable than Pardew is an incredible achievement like, but fair play to him for managing it. If Pardew was Lyle Lanley from The Simpsons, Bruce is mixture of Lyle Lanley, Grandma from Futurama and Lotso from Toy Story 3. A proper con artist who appears cuddly but is a nasty piece of work beneath it.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I still absolutely despise Pardew and imagine I always will. Something broke in me during his time here and it’s only just getting fixed now. I do love watching the teary-eyed gif, the jig and some of the other ones where he looks like a wanker, so I’m thankful for those at least. Bruce doesn’t provide any comical reflection though 

14 minutes ago, huss9 said:

it affects them all. i bet joelinton had an absolutely miserable couple of years until he was save by Eddie.

Bruce is the exception as he would happily criticise the fans, lie,  and his treatment of the likes of the Longstaffs and Ritchie was disgusting. 

It's not helped by the internets nature of encouraging exaggeration and enabling people to be twats.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I still absolutely despise Pardew and imagine I always will. Something broke in me during his time here and it’s only just getting fixed now. I do love watching the teary-eyed gif, the jig and some of the other ones where he looks like a wanker, so I’m thankful for those at least. Bruce doesn’t provide any comical reflection though 

The SSN presenter reeling off the insults that Bruce had told he'd been called was comedy gold like, I couldn't stop laughing at that. 

It's a shame it's so hard to find old interviews and thigs as there's a load of Pardew content out there which will sadly be forgotten :lol:

I remember one where he says something about someone/something being "brilliant" with a proper cunt smile on his face, the "naked eye" comment etc. He was just an absolutely ridiculous cartoon charecter and it's easier to see the hilarity of it all after the takeover.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

There's just this vindictiveness about Bruce, either tow the media line that he's this great bloke or he'll ruin your career.

As mentioned above by many, he's somehow more hated than Mike Ashley by a lot of people on here and that's really something. I mean 14 years of lies and deliberate stifling of our club, somehow gets trumped by 2 years of this absolute whopper.

The club made a mistake allowing him to have his day out but i suppose with everything that's happened since, you'd have taken it obviously.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's a Brian Potter element to Bruce that's canny funny like.

"Was a condom machine, now it sells snack size pork pies for a quid each! I don't know how I think them up, Mike. I frighten myself."

The irony with Pardew and Bruce is they both took clubs to FA cup finals and then lost them from winning positions, but while they managed us they put out the weakest teams possible.

Guest HTT II
5 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Great honest and open interview by Longstaff and fantastic insight into the relationship building in the club plus the wisdom and humanity of Howe. Shame to see it used as another opportunity to Bruce bash. Small plea, based on not nothing else but acknowledgement that he is also a person, a local lad who was an exceptional footballer and has no doubt done his best through a long managerial career. He has faced, like lots of us, significant personal loss and, unlike most of us, very public failings and professional disappointments. If you can’t forgive and feel the need to criticise please save the lack of compassion for the toxically named thread, then those of us who feel uncomfortable about reading such stuff can simply stay away.

6 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Great honest and open interview by Longstaff and fantastic insight into the relationship building in the club plus the wisdom and humanity of Howe. Shame to see it used as another opportunity to Bruce bash. Small plea, based on not nothing else but acknowledgement that he is also a person, a local lad who was an exceptional footballer and has no doubt done his best through a long managerial career. He has faced, like lots of us, significant personal loss and, unlike most of us, very public failings and professional disappointments. If you can’t forgive and feel the need to criticise please save the lack of compassion for the toxically named thread, then those of us who feel uncomfortable about reading such stuff can simply stay away.

Jack Charlton was a shite manager, for us, and I almost grew to hate him. But he held up his hands and admitted he wasn't enough. I grew to respect Charlton so much after he left us. Bruce had the opportunity to be as humble.

6 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Jack Charlton was a shite manager, for us, and I almost grew to hate him. But he held up his hands and admitted he wasn't enough. I grew to respect Charlton so much after he left us. Bruce had the opportunity to be as humble.

Gullit as well walked away without a pay off I believe 

4 hours ago, huss9 said:

This. 

I know fans can always go too far, and we're no different. But Bruce bred such a toxic culture throughout his tenure, that it's an absolute miracle where we are today, as a club and set of fans.

let's stop bemoaning the past and look forward to the future. How can anybody watch the videos of the squad training and feel anything but Geordie fucking pride?

Guest HTT II

Fuck Bruce, he’s a cunt of the highest order, anyone with an ounce of respect or sympathy for him is fucking mad!

3 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's a shame it's so hard to find old interviews and thigs as there's a load of Pardew content out there which will sadly be forgotten :lol:

I remember one where he says something about someone/something being "brilliant" with a proper cunt smile on his face, the "naked eye" comment etc. He was just an absolutely ridiculous cartoon charecter and it's easier to see the hilarity of it all after the takeover.

Aye he was. But time has a habit of wiping the slate, if you don't continue to shit on it. I have fond memories from Pardew's time that will always last longer than my hatred. Bruce has left no such memories. I was actually gutted when things [miraculously] went right for him.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Aye he was. But time has a habit of wiping the slate, if you don't continue to shit on it. I have fond memories from Pardew's time that will always last longer than my hatred. Bruce has left no such memories. I was actually gutted when things [miraculously] went right for him.

I remember some things fondly from the Pardew era only in some of those that played for us and the odd match, he can go fuck himself too. The two worst managers we’ve ever had in my lifetime of supporting our club, all under Ashley. 3 massive set of cunts. Bruce is by far the biggest cunt and shittest of managers. 

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I remember some things fondly from the Pardew era only in some of those that played for us and the odd match, he can go fuck himself too. The two worst managers we’ve ever had in my lifetime of supporting our club, all under Ashley. 3 massive set of cunts. Bruce is by far the biggest cunt and shittest of managers. 

I'd put McClaren above those two in terms of results achieved compared to the squad at his disposal. Obviously though he was behind them in the cuntishness stakes.

Edited by Beth

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I was very particular in saying that I had fond memories from his time. I give him zero credit. he's just associated with them. Whereas Bruce is associated with shit.