Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

29 minutes ago, alexf said:

I have a feeling he might be in the starting line up against Forrest with Willock used as the impact player. 

I guess the final pre-season games may give more of a clue.

Yeah I think Longstaff will start the season, just a hunch.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Gonna need details here, like. :lol:

I wasn't there, just heard it second hand. Definitely happened though. It was so obvious that the Longstaff's despised him, given what they both went from under Rafa to wasting away under Bruce.

8 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I wasn't there, just heard it second hand. Definitely happened though. It was so obvious that the Longstaff's despised him, given what they both went from under Rafa to wasting away under Bruce.

Matty never played under Rafa mind. 

Great honest and open interview by Longstaff and fantastic insight into the relationship building in the club plus the wisdom and humanity of Howe. Shame to see it used as another opportunity to Bruce bash. Small plea, based on not nothing else but acknowledgement that he is also a person, a local lad who was an exceptional footballer and has no doubt done his best through a long managerial career. He has faced, like lots of us, significant personal loss and, unlike most of us, very public failings and professional disappointments. If you can’t forgive and feel the need to criticise please save the lack of compassion for the toxically named thread, then those of us who feel uncomfortable about reading such stuff can simply stay away.

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Great honest and open interview by Longstaff and fantastic insight into the relationship building in the club plus the wisdom and humanity of Howe. Shame to see it used as another opportunity to Bruce bash. Small plea, based on not nothing else but acknowledgement that he is also a person, a local lad who was an exceptional footballer and has no doubt done his best through a long managerial career. He has faced, like lots of us, significant personal loss and, unlike most of us, very public failings and professional disappointments. If you can’t forgive and feel the need to criticise please save the lack of compassion for the toxically named thread, then those of us who feel uncomfortable about reading such stuff can simply stay away.

Honestly cant see that holding much gravitas Johnny, the man is imo the worst person we've ever had connected to the club, he will get little if no sympathy, compassion or empathy & I should imagine a huge %age of supporters will take every opportunity to slate him. Sorry but thats how it is with him, complete snake imo.

16 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

You forgot to mention the bit about Bruce’s tenants

24 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

This is a pisstake? [emoji38]

I'd understand the argument if it was because he himself has the compassion for others that you're asking others to give him. 

But considering he's, even just on the surface, a clearly spiteful, nasty, antagonistic liar, who literally has all the compassion of a slum landlord, and hides it all by playing the victim, playing the family man card, and getting his media chums to protect him, it just comes across as obvious hippy dippy nonsense tbh. 

40 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd understand the argument if it was because he himself has the compassion for others that you're asking others to give him. 

But considering he's, even just on the surface, a clearly spiteful, nasty, antagonistic liar, who literally has all the compassion of a slum landlord, and hides it all by playing the victim, playing the family man card, and getting his media chums to protect him, it just comes across as obvious hippy dippy nonsense tbh. 

And there’s me thinking it was common human decency towards someone who has fuck all to do with us anymore. Off to pop on a Hawkwind album 👍

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

And there’s me thinking it was common human decency towards someone who has fuck all to do with us anymore. Off to pop on a Hawkwind album 👍

The bloke lacks the common human decency you want others to give him, that's the point. No need to go all Ghandi about it, it's just an internet forum no one's texting him abuse or anything. 

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

How do you feel about Mike Ashley? 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He has faced, like lots of us, significant personal loss and, unlike most of us, very public failings

It’s important to remember he very rarely if at all took any personal responsibility for these failings. He’s a snake. He still talks shit about us even after he left. He has zero respect for anyone, let’s not forget his comments about Rafa and the ‘guy that got Bournemouth relegated’ comment. I’m not usually one to feel like that over someone I’ve never met but the guy is just so Unlikeable

Might sound a bit extreme but the guy put the premier league future of the club and therefor people’s jobs at stake while he fucked off on holiday while holding out for a massive massive pay off. Compassion? Nah. 

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

How do you feel about Mike Ashley? 

Hardly the same, a like for like comparison. I hold him responsible for two periods of estrangement/disinterest in NUFC/my club. How do you imagine I feel about him?  In a similar way though I see no point in ranting expletives anymore, or confusing my own feelings/thoughts with facts about him. Personally,  I don’t want to hear of him or be reminded of him other than as a breath of relief that however frustrating it gets, those days are gone. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

53 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Absolutely spot on.

He's not, for instance, like Steve McClaren. Absolutely fucking shit but didn't come across as an acerbic, vindictive, cockend

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I absolutely detest the fat hippo twat.

Took the piss out of us whilst here and deserved and deserves everything chucked at him.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Hardly the a like for like comparison. I hold him responsible for two periods of estrangement/disinterest in NUFC/my club. How do you imagine I feel about him?  In a similar way though I see no point in ranting expletives anymore, or confusing my own feelings/thoughts with facts about him. Personally,  I don’t want to hear of him or be reminded of him other than as a breath of relief that however frustrating it gets, those days are gone. 

But where is your human decency to someone that has nothing to do with us anymore? It’s not black and white is the point. 

Let’s even forget about how Bruce performed as a football manager. The man greedily held on for massive reportedly £8m pay off while doing the bare minimum of his job, hiding away in his office during training and fucking off on holiday on an international weekend on more than one occasion and you are asking people to be compassionate for what? He’s doing alright for himself got another cosy job while pocketing £8m for being a lazy cunt.

I’m possibly in the minority but I don’t hate Pardew. He at least tried and has talked positively about us since he left