Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

8 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Starting to warm up to this guy. Another great game. Good to see him getting more involved in the attack aswell, what a pass to Anderson.

Starting to warm to him?  What does he need to do to be acknowledged as the vital player he is [emoji38]

he did this last season as well by the way

4 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Starting to warm to him?  What does he need to do to be acknowledged as the vital player he is [emoji38]

he did this last season as well by the way

I didnt see him making too many of those passes last year. But yes im starting to realize his importance to the team after watching us with and without him this season.

He was comfortably our second best player. Trippier was incredible but Longstaff was very, very good. He’s the first name in the team sheet for central midfield for me. Bruno has good games and bad games, Tonali will take time to settle. Longstaff should get 50 games this year. 

I dunno like. I think he’d struggle to play in a different system, that’s my major concern. He understands what he needs to do for us perfectly. He’d be a way better option than Henderson nowadays. 

On another note, I reckon this lad is going to have an amazing game against PSG

On 30/09/2023 at 19:49, dave s said:

he’s got to be on england radar now surely. 

Whilst his form is undoubtedly good enough to warrant a call up based on that alone I’d be surprised if he gets a call anytime soon. His game doesn’t fit with how England play at all especially against anyone other than latter stages of a tournament.

Keeps him fresher for us anyway so happy days.

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

Whilst his form is undoubtedly good enough to warrant a call up based on that alone I’d not be surprised if he gets a call anytime soon. His game doesn’t fit with how England play at all especially against anyone other than latter stages of a tournament.

Keeps him fresher for us anyway so happy days.

probably right. let’s see if he keeps this consistency all season and against our champo group teams. probably can’t be ignored in time 

17 hours ago, St1pe said:

I like Longstaff but it’s a stretch to say he deserves an England call-up in my opinion. 

Definitely not. He deserves to be in the squad if dogshit like Connor Gallagher can get in. Kalvin Phillips has done nothing for 18 months now. 

He definitely deserves a call up in the squad for sure. Not saying he should be a starter or a regular, but thoroughly deserves to be in the camp.

If England played like we do then I’d say yes, but he doesn’t really fit Englands midfield and probably wouldn’t look very good.

England have problems though. Phillips and Henderson are semi-retired, Gallagher is poor, and Mount will likely have a bad season. Southgate is going to have to look beyond his favourites.

As much as I think he is a system player for us, I still think he’d be better for England than Gallagher and probably Henderson. England get more time on the ball than we do and Sean is actually pretty good with his passing when he gets more space. 

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

If England played like we do then I’d say yes, but he doesn’t really fit Englands midfield and probably wouldn’t look very good.

England have problems though. Phillips and Henderson are semi-retired, Gallagher is poor, and Mount will likely have a bad season. Southgate is going to have to look beyond his favourites.

Is he actually going to though?

I reckon at least 2 of Phillips, Hendersos, Gallagher & Maguire go if fit.