Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Tonali was immaculate when he came on mind, although by then the game was dead and buried.

But Longstaff's running, like Willock was crucial to our press last season. So aye, it is a conundrum.

No conundrum for me personally - 2 wins and a draw with 3 clean sheets since longstaff came back in and we’ve looked more up a gelled team. Longstaff has to stay in for me personally 

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

No conundrum for me personally - 2 wins and a draw with 3 clean sheets since longstaff came back in and we’ve looked more up a gelled team. Longstaff has to stay in for me personally 

I don't know who coined the phrase, but there are levels. When we play the top teams we'll really find out which players can step up. Some fans were expecting us to roll over AC Milan last week despite their pedigree. I think we managed one shot in the entire game.

Just now, TRon said:

I don't know who coined the phrase, but there are levels. When we play the top teams we'll really find out which players can step up. Some fans were expecting us to roll over AC Milan last week despite their pedigree. I think we managed one shot in the entire game.

We played those teams last year with him in the team and he stepped up - spurs or Chelsea never managed to beat us alongside Man U in the league, Man City only beat us when playing at home and all this was with longstaff in the midfield.

He has nothing to prove and Tonali is the one to prove something, the place in the team has to be Sean’s to lose.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

We played those teams last year with him in the team and he stepped up - spurs or Chelsea never managed to beat us alongside Man U in the league, Man City only beat us when playing at home and all this was with longstaff in the midfield.

He has nothing to prove and Tonali is the one to prove something, the place in the team has to be Sean’s to lose.

Just keep some perspective. If it was that simple we'd put the same team out against Man City and breeze through to the nezt round of the Carabao Cup.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Just keep some perspective. If it was that simple we'd put the same team out against Man City and breeze through to the nezt round of the Carabao Cup.

Perspective is fair enough but the sentence I had an issue with is “we’ll find out which players can step up” when longstaff has proved he can and deserves people getting off his back.

Just love the guy, me. Gives absolutely everything on the pitch.

Like him even more given that he was able to overcome the shitshow of the previous regime and attempts to peddle him for pennies. He's not only turned himself around, but done so to become an unheralded, but integral, member of our team

7 hours ago, toon25 said:

Just love the guy, me. Gives absolutely everything on the pitch.

Like him even more given that he was able to overcome the shitshow of the previous regime and attempts to peddle him for pennies. He's not only turned himself around, but done so to become an unheralded, but integral, member of our team

That’s actually a very good point about him constantly tried to be moved on, wonder if we sold him now then what would be his market price given Man U reportedly wanted to pay £30m for him yonks ago.

Sean Longstaff a player who was breaking down in tears in front of his father over breakfast at his lowest point under Bruce,

Then turned to a psychologist recommended by concerned team-mate Matt Ritchie.

His importance to the side was again underlined, For this reborn midfielder who opened the scoring on Sunday.

And one of the few individuals to complete a full 90 minutes in all three games against Brentford, AC Milan and Sheffield United. 

Keep it going Sean. HWTL. :celb:

Looking at the young talent that's been coming through the past 5-6 years, it's criminal Cabbage Head was ever allowed near this club. Lock Ashley up.

I've no doubt Matty would have turned out decent too if Bruce had never happened.

Edited by Skeletor