Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

12 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I think he’s outstanding off the ball and really important in those wide areas. Makes that underlapping run all the while and often times it well. Positionally he is great and his workrate is unmatched. He’s an important player and I bet he is a coach’s dream the way he follows instructions and how tactically aware he seems to be.  

But I honestly feel I am watching a different game to others at times? I think he is severely limited on the ball and struggles with any sort of positive passing. His touch is poor and he takes an age to do anything in possession. 

He certainly needs to be in the team at present, based on who is available. But when we have the Joe combo fit. I think in time, he will become more of a player for certain games and situations. Not a starter. 

He's key because he makes the midfield more functional. He covers for Bruno a lot. And is great defensively. But he was pap on the ball again today.

Similar performance to Brentford. Key in the clean sheet. Covered every blade of grass. Movement was good. Poor on the ball. That's Sean init.

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He's key because he makes the midfield more functional. He covers for Bruno a lot. And is great defensively. But he was pap on the ball again today.

Similar performance to Brentford. Key in the clean sheet. Covered every blade of grass. Movement was good. Poor on the ball. That's Sean init.

Milan`s attackers were key in us keeping the clean sheet.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

I like him and he works hard but imo he doesn’t have enough quality. 

He doesn't, but he does a lot of running and can do a job defensively. It's a tricky one to solve, because it's probably the other way round for Tonali, who has a bit more quality but maybe not quite as effective at closing down.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

He doesn't, but he does a lot of running and can do a job defensively. It's a tricky one to solve, because it's probably the other way round for Tonali, who has a bit more quality but maybe not quite as effective at closing down.

Wasnt Tonali known for running all the time at Milan? Thought that was one of his strenght. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh but it looks like running forward. Not backwards from what we've seen. And Longstaff makes intelligent defensive movements. Tonali doesn't seem to know where to move.

I agree that he seems a little lost at times. Must be something that can be worked on though.

Just now, Displayname said:

Wasnt Tonali known for running all the time at Milan? Thought that was one of his strenght. 

He hasn't been here that long, maybe it's just a case of getting used to how we set up. Right now he seems to be more effective bombing forward than sitting in or chasing back.

Workhorse midfielder. Strikes the ball so well when he doesn't snatch at chances. Should score so much more.

This guy is a lot better than he thinks he is. Should trust himself more and not be in so much of a rush with things.