Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

His energy and physicality is astonishing. Is there any other PL midfielder who covers the ground he does for 90 minutes?

He's also tactically perfect. Knows where to be in this system, without fuss.

So yes, technically he's fairly average and his decision making on the ball can be ordinary but I think he's improved markedly in the past 18 months in this regard and today he ran our midfield, with and without the ball.

If he has a season where he gets 10+ goals or 15 goal contributions, you are talking about a PL midfielder of the very highest level IMO.

I know its clichéd, but the name Longstaff, just isn't sexy but he's our boy and we should cherish him.

1 minute ago, STM said:

His energy and physicality is astonishing. Is there any other PL midfielder who covers the ground he does for 90 minutes?

He's also tactically perfect. Knows where to be in this system, without fuss.

So yes, technically he's fairly average and his decision making on the ball can be ordinary but I think he's improved markedly in the past 18 months in this regard and today he ran our midfield, with and without the ball.

If he has a season where he gets 10+ goals or 15 goal contributions, you are talking about a PL midfielder of the very highest level IMO.

I know its clichéd, but the name Longstaff, just isn't sexy but he's our boy and we should cherish him.

Kulusevski runs a shit load. 

32 minutes ago, La Parka said:

I mean he's irreplaceable. 

Soz tonali. 

Tonali was immaculate when he came on mind, although by then the game was dead and buried.

But Longstaff's running, like Willock was crucial to our press last season. So aye, it is a conundrum.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Tonali was immaculate when he came on mind, although by then the game was dead and buried.

But Longstaff's running, like Willock was crucial to our press last season. So aye, it is a conundrum.

It's not really a conundrum tbh. 

Once Tonali gets more accustomed to the system and what is required, he will start.

Longstaff has been working in this system and with this manager for two years now and knows exactly what is required.

For the meantime Longstaff is doing his thing though and kudos to him.

Ultimately they will both still play lots of games and contribute to the team.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's not really a conundrum tbh. 

Once Tonali gets more accustomed to the system and what is required, he will start.

Longstaff has been working in this system and with this manager for two years now and knows exactly what is required.

For the meantime Longstaff is doing his thing though and kudos to him.

Ultimately they will both still play lots of games and contribute to the team.

Yeah spot on.

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

Very good today. Bruno and he is the midfield of choice with Anderson or one of the Joe's 

I actually think this is pretty much on the money. Longstaff, Willock, Joelinton and Anderson all offer a lot of running and ground coverage, I think that brings the best out of Bruno who then gets to dictate the tempo from his pivot role.