Fabian Schär

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

One of the best CB's we've ever had.

I think he might be the best. Think only Woodgate and Botman are in the conversation in my lifetime (too young to have seen Albert)

Prime Coloccini has to be in the conversation as well. Was class that season we finished fifth. And the two seasons before that although one of those was in the championship.

As for Schar there’s not much to day other than he’s class.

Edited by Rafalove

I think Colo's drop off was huge and felt he possibly had as many poor/average seasons as he had good seasons?

Maybe that's harsh. Schar has been consistently brilliant for us for at least 2 and a half years now

Pound for pound best defender/ball carrier/ knock taker/ shit house merchant I have ever witnessed in a Newcastle shirt. Only regret is the fella ain't 23/24 still. 

Last season we were frustrated with the amount of goals that our 3 tall defenders scored, which was 3 in total (2 from Burn, 1 from Schär in gameweek 1). This season they've got 8 goals between them. Our corners has improved a lot.

Incredible player. Eventually replacing him with all the qualities he has is going to be a huge challenge.

Every game like last night rubs Bruce’s doughy face further into the mud.