Fabian Schär - Out for the remainder of the season with Hamstring injury (Howe)

19 hours ago, Outremont said:

I hope he gets a 2 year extension. He might not yet have reached his best level. 

edit: I mean he hasn’t played for a true footballing team since he joined. A proper back 4, GK and midfield might mean he hits a new level consistently.

I hope you're right, but I doubt we'll see him perform as good as he did under Rafa on the right in the 3 man central defence. It was tailor made to get the best out of him imo.

That is interesting, this may suggest we are looking at moving to a back 5 longer term. Could also just be kept around for depth if he is happy enough to be moved away from a starting role in the back 4 over the summer with a new first choice CB(s) arriving.. got to be honest he was one I expected to be leaving.

Guest reefatoon
4 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Funny as when they bandaged his forehead after he got that cut to the side of his eye.

[emoji38] Aye, was laughing at that. You could still see the cut man. 

3 hours ago, nufc4eva said:

Would keep him and Lascelles for squad depth in summer. Can't realistically replace every player in summer so would rather Get midfield sorted, full back cover and stronger attack. 1 established centre half and maybe a youngster in there as well

I think there’s argument to be made for moving Lascelles on because he absolutely can NOT be captain.

I think Howe's aim is to have the whole squad comfortable on the ball, especially centre halfs. Can see new/new/Schar/Burn the squad if he wants 4 centrebacks already next season. Possibly Lascelles or Fede to stay. But i think Schar is the only one he will be actively pushing for keeping, as he is the only ball-playing centre back we had when he came in.

Given his international aspirations and him making it very clear he wants to play, he surely wouldn't sign a new contract if he didn't have those assurances from Howe?

I'd be over the moon to see Schar play alongside Burn as our first choice pairing (for a while anyway)

He was really good on Sunday, arguably his best performance under Howe. Was great at Leeds too. Good to see. I'd be happy to see him given another 2 years.

Also love that interview just before Howe's first game. He hated Bruce. Not just his expression when the question was asked but when he says "I was at times surprised not to be in the first 11, I've over 70 caps for my country". Fucking Bruce man. Odious cunt.

1 hour ago, HUGZ said:

Hadn't seen that. Can hardly stop himself from unloading all the Bruce venom like Fraser in his interview. They, apart from Shelvey, must all think he (Cabbage) was a grade A knacker :footy:            

Watching the video prompted me to go back to the pre Howe team selections in defence , particularly. Absolutely no cohesive pattern. Fucking Bruce man :idiot2:

The production values with NUFCTV are still shit, like. :lol: Fuck's all that noise in the background? The fella usually doing the questions is always proper dreary n'all. "Did you reckon Dan Burn woz good?" Sure to provoke a thoroughly engaging answer. 

13 hours ago, Yorkie said:

The production values with NUFCTV are still shit, like. :lol: Fuck's all that noise in the background? The fella usually doing the questions is always proper dreary n'all. "Did you reckon Dan Burn woz good?" Sure to provoke a thoroughly engaging answer. 

Aye, everything looks like it was filmed on an iPhone :lol:

our social media and fan engagement has to pick up like. :lol: