Rate our summer transfer window

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2/10

Same problems still haven’t been addressed. No squad depth and lacking in quality in key areas (no 10, LB, ST). Still overly reliant on our first 11 being good enough whilst teams were expected to compete with completely blow us out of the water.

We got rid of players who are totally outside Rafa's plans in Mbemba, Mitrovic and a few others and replaced them with players Rafa might actually use, improving our squad depth. Majority of the signings are older, experienced internationals with experience in the PL or other European leagues.

A couple of them are loans though. We will be going through the same process next summer once their loans expire, including the annual search for a fit and proper striker. That could well be sans Rafa who has spent dedicated hours beyond a manager's remit into creating some resemble of a transfer miracle. Would the next manager be able to match that?

With the appropriate funding, we could have gone straight for a proper starting-eleven upgrade instead of betting on riskier transfers and then having to replace them. Rafa's record at his previous clubs speaks volumes when he was properly backed.

No doubt we have unnecessarily delayed our transfers to save a few hundred k in wages at the cost of the new players bedding in with the squad. Yet another less than ideal situation.

Of course, we are still waiting for that evasive LB and #10 since forever. Heaven forbid a long-term injury to Dummett when he's not even one of our best players.

All those could have been resolved without a net spend (instead we go into a 20m profit) and Barnes' interference.

4/10.

The signings in isolation are okay and we've improved on last season's team but quite a few are just temporary fixes due to the way the club has fucked Rafa around again, which is why it feels so terrible.

You can't rate shit.

Bang on. These are just short term fixes, will screw us in the long term, unless something changes at the top.

Guest covmag

no disrespect to the players who have came in but its been as usual second rate as expected, squad fillers in truth.

bored of the thing and i'm done with it in truth, i wasn't going to have this stance but i'm not throwing away my money anymore on travel etc, it will be a miss but fuck off Ashley you have lost the best manager you could ever of have, cunt.

I'm actually impressed that we improved the squad given the clear limitations imposed and when most EPL transfers are for stupid money.

That said, I don't feel we have improved much and given what's been spent by other sides it's likely we will finish slightly worse than last year at 12th. All down to Rafa magic again. It's ridiculous we failed to sort left back position and bring in a number 10.

The sickening thing is that we had no genuine reason to be tight with the purse strings other than Ashley being an utter cunt. This was the summer to give Rafa what he wanted, make him happy and get him signed up and doing his project. Pissing off Rafa and making this his last season is a dagger to the heart as a fan, for that alone the window is a total failure and deserves a 0/10 rating.

Feels like we are treading water to run down Rafa's contract, and the window reflected that. A mixture of loans and cheap deals which could probably best be seen as a nod to keeping him happy for now, more likely they are waiting for him to fuck off so they can do things their own way without any public pressure.

The players aren't necessarily bad, but I think not signing a left back, winger and quality midfielder will limit our football quite a lot, and as a result we will end up playing more direct football than we would with some genuine quality in those positions.

Guest chopey

First team looks like it will punch it's weight but if we lose Shelvey and Lascelles we might have problems, so another season of scrapping by in the league and early cup exits, getting rid of Ashley needs to be this seasons target

Not good enough.

Kenedy should have been with option to buy.

Im excited about Muto and Schär - they both looks interesting....but not sure they are anything then average.

Really hope the club will be sold asap! Its so painful to follow and share the on field success with Fat Bastard!

4/10 concurred. Potential 6/10 (if signings actually prosper)

The potential wasn't just missed it was abused. While some of.thw signings might work out it looks like we have gone backwards. Certainly in numbers we have but possibly also in terms of quality.

That's not just inexcusable it's cutting your nose off to spite your face and Ashley and co. Continue to smell rotten.

I think there's probably some truth in the story that Rafa was reluctant to sign a new contract unless money was spent, and Ashley was reluctant to spend if Rafa was going to leave after a year. Either that, or Ashley is trying to prepare the club for a sale.

Overall, it's very hard to tell how much players are worth, and the greater use of loans, by other clubs as well as us, reflects that. The Neymar transfer has seriously disrupted the transfer market.

I'm not convinced that the big spenders like Fulham and West Ham will get value for money, and despite our lack of spend, I think the team and the squad have improved. The limited budget has actually been used well. I'm expecting mid-table again.

It was important to tie down Dubravka and Kenedy after the way we finished last season and we did that.

Added experience with 4 decent internationals who will strengthen the squad over last year, brought in a forward who Rafa obviously prefers to those he already had and probably most important we didn't lose any key players.

We've had worse windows.

Not related to the window but Lejeune is going to be a huge miss.We ended last season with a CB pairing as good as any in the league and he was a big part of that.

I think there's probably some truth in the story that Rafa was reluctant to sign a new contract unless money was spent, and Ashley was reluctant to spend if Rafa was going to leave after a year. Either that, or Ashley is trying to prepare the club for a sale.

Overall, it's very hard to tell how much players are worth, and the greater use of loans, by other clubs as well as us, reflects that. The Neymar transfer has seriously disrupted the transfer market.

I'm not convinced that the big spenders like Fulham and West Ham will get value for money, and despite our lack of spend, I think the team and the squad have improved. The limited budget has actually been used well. I'm expecting mid-table again.

This .

4/10 it’s not that the players we’ve signed are awful, its just most other clubs are striving to be much better and we’re happy to juse survive. We have to get this fat fucker out this season, he has been an absolute cancer on this club.