Rate our summer transfer window

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We’ve shown next to no ambition and are quite content to just keep treading water.

There’s a question mark on loanees giving a crap about playing here other than being motivated to put themselves in the shop window for other clubs (although you could argue that’s the intention for the entirity of the club now).

We’ve still got two massive question marks over our full backs, no real stength in depth in key attacking positions and have pretty much condemned ourselves to losing our manager at the end of the season unless a takeover happens.

So yeah, 3/10. We didn’t lose Lascelles and didn’t massively overpay on absolute shocking footballers this time around (see Joselu).

When Rafa presented Charnley with his wish list of transfers he should have made it clear to Charnley that he start bidding for players at the top of the list.  Seems to me that Charnley waited 2 months to make it seem we were chasing top of the list targets then a week before the window closed he started at bidding for players at the bottom of Rafas list.

We’ve shown next to no ambition and are quite content to just keep treading water.

There’s a question mark on loanees giving a crap about playing here other than being motivated to put themselves in the shop window for other clubs (although you could argue that’s the intention for the entirity of the club now).

We’ve still got two massive question marks over our full backs, no real stength in depth in key attacking positions and have pretty much condemned ourselves to losing our manager at the end of the season unless a takeover happens.

So yeah, 3/10. We didn’t lose Lascelles and didn’t massively overpay on absolute shocking footballers this time around (see Joselu).

This, pretty much.

Guest firetotheworks

0 - The perceived quality of the signings is irrelevant. Rafa was told he could spend every penny generated, it was as bold and brazen a lie as you could tell. Rondon is the only arguable first choice in that lot...and it's a loan. They've done far less than the bare minimum and done it in a way that makes things easier for them to offload players when Rafa leaves. Not only have they not met their promises, not only are they preparing for Rafa leaving, but I'd argue that they've gone out of their way to make sure Rafa doesn't sign so they can go back to their shit manager, pricier players, invest-only-when-relegated model. People like Rafa only get the plebs getting aspirational ideas in their heads and aspirational fans is the last thing they want.

Ashley's a revolting shithouse with absolutely no redeeming features as an owner, and Charnley's a snivelling sack of shit who needs to have the pressure turned up on, along with Ashley and his pedalled tat emporium.

I know we all love a knee jerk, but I genuinely believe that Rafa is the last chance we have to get Ashley out, beyond Rafa leaving we can use that to fuel protests and boycotts, but if people keep turning up and giving money to Ashley after that, it's over imo, and we'll never get the club back unless Ashley decides to off his own motivation.

0 - The perceived quality of the signings is irrelevant. Rafa was told he could spend every penny generated, it was as bold and brazen a lie as you could tell. Rondon is the only arguable first choice in that lot...and it's a loan. They've done far less than the bare minimum and done it in a way that makes things easier for them to offload players when Rafa leaves. Not only have they not met their promises, not only are they preparing for Rafa leaving, but I'd argue that they've gone out of their way to make sure Rafa doesn't sign so they can go back to their shit manager, pricier players, invest-only-when-relegated model. People like Rafa only get the plebs getting aspirational ideas in their heads and aspirational fans is the last thing they want.

Ashley's a revolting shithouse with absolutely no redeeming features as an owner, and Charnley's a snivelling sack of shit who needs to have the pressure turned up on, along with Ashley and his pedalled tat emporium.

I know we all love a knee jerk, but I genuinely believe that Rafa is the last chance we have to get Ashley out, beyond Rafa leaving we can use that to fuel protests and boycotts, but if people keep turning up and giving money to Ashley after that, it's over imo, and we'll never get the club back unless Ashley decides to off his own motivation.

This

Yeah, this rather eloquently sums up my feelings too.

3/10

Another bog standard Ashley window gambling we have just enough to stay up for another year on the gravy train but keeping some powder dry just in case we need it in January. Fucking sick of it. Just sell up already if you’re not interested in taking the club forward.

Agree 100%.

Sick of this shit...

Hope we can spend all our energy forcing MA out of the club this season, at least make owning NUFC as much as a annoyance for him as possible.

It might not work, but anything is better than nothing.

Agreed

I think there's probably some truth in the story that Rafa was reluctant to sign a new contract unless money was spent, and Ashley was reluctant to spend if Rafa was going to leave after a year. Either that, or Ashley is trying to prepare the club for a sale.

Overall, it's very hard to tell how much players are worth, and the greater use of loans, by other clubs as well as us, reflects that. The Neymar transfer has seriously disrupted the transfer market.

I'm not convinced that the big spenders like Fulham and West Ham will get value for money, and despite our lack of spend, I think the team and the squad have improved. The limited budget has actually been used well. I'm expecting mid-table again.

This .

why would you give a fuck about value for money?

Feels really similar to that summer we only bought Anita.

All momentum & enthusiasm from the previous season wiped out by sheer willful neglect. Ironically we beat Spurs on the opening day 2-1.

A whopping fat 0 from me.

Utter fucking pish.  Can candy coat it anyway you want but the whole thing from start to finish was atrocious...

I felt better during the two summers post relegation than I do just now....and that's just me, a joe punter watching things.  Fuck knows the emotions that Rafa must be going through having been involved in the 'thick of it' with hee-haw support, and I don't just mean financial, from the club.

I don't think the players we've attained are necessarily crap players, if they were on Rafa's list then they have to be of a decent standard (even if they were 3rd or 4th choice) but :

when you look at the money in league just now

what Rafa said he wanted and how quick he wanted it

what the club said they would back their Manager

Contract discussions breaking down

Bonus row (again!)

season ticket fiasco

new shirt prices

what other clubs at our level have done

what business clubs of a 'lower' level have done

We're like a pisshead trying to walk to the bus stop after a big session.  We're hardly moving in the direction we want to go in.

Rafa doesn't deserve this.  Least he has a choice and can leave.  Just go man, we'll always love you but best just burn this fucker down and start again.

Fucking garbage, we have the transfer policy of a club heading for relegation, we would be everyones pick for it if it wasn't for Rafa. We all know how this will end after the 19/20 season.