Nottingham Forest 3-1 Newcastle United - 29/08/18 - post match from page 25

Greg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/45249870

'Fully deserved'

Nottingham Forest 3-1 Newcastle

Stephen Warnock

Ex-Liverpool defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

The Newcastle players think they should have had a penalty and surround the referee but they didn't deserve anything from the match. Forest played extremely well, inventive, creative and beautiful goals to finish at the end.

Fully deserved.

It doesn't matter how badly we played, if you get taken out in the box you should get a penalty. It's not what you deserve it's called the rules.

Only one team looked interested. Rafa's a pragmatist and while I'm sure he wanted a first win of the season, he knows we don't have the squad to fight on two or three fronts.

Kenedy though was another level. Couldn't even go through the motions. Considering Rafa's history with players like Mbemba and Mitrovic, I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped from the squad.

I’ve almost had enough to be honest. I’m just interested to see who the next manager will be.

Don't think you'll have to wait too long.

I think he will. Rafa is going nowhere for a while. Been here 3 seasons and presiding over that and yet another feeble cup exit to add to oxford and forest last year. We thought if he is still here it means things are done right as he won't stand for it. That was the general view. He's not half the man I thought he was he seems quite compliant in all this. Only thing is that 6m clause must be true and he's just had enough and waiting for May

in 32 years we have not got beyond the quarter final of this competition that's just fucking Pathetic man

Yep tragic. People will still fill the ground and it will be exactly the same in 12 months time too. Can see how quickly most people forget about the cause of all of this

Tubes please, how do you feel about all this, I'm still not clear about it.

:pokerface:

Totally agree that the players look like they’ve had enough. They know Rafa will be off in the summer and no doubt they’re fucked off with the total lack of ambition.

If any of Dubs, Ritchie, Lascelles, Shelvey and Rondon are out for any length of time we’re done for. And Christ Darlow is an absolute waste of fucking space.

Only one team looked interested. Rafa's a pragmatist and while I'm sure he wanted a first win of the season, he knows we don't have the squad to fight on two or three fronts.

Kenedy though was another level. Couldn't even go through the motions. Considering Rafa's history with players like Mbemba and Mitrovic, I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped from the squad.

After that performance and his shite against Cardiff he should be sent back to Chelsea with his tail between his legs

'Fully deserved'

Stephen Warnock

The Newcastle players think they should have had a penalty and surround the referee but they didn't deserve anything from the match. Forest played extremely well, inventive, creative and beautiful goals to finish at the end.

Fully deserved.

It doesn't matter how badly we played, if you get taken out in the box you should get a penalty. It's not what you deserve it's called the rules.

He's not wrong, overall.

I’ve almost had enough to be honest. I’m just interested to see who the next manager will be.

Don't think you'll have to wait too long.

I think he will. Rafa is going nowhere for a while. Been here 3 seasons and presiding over that and yet another feeble cup exit to add to oxford and forest last year. We thought if he is still here it means things are done right as he won't stand for it. That was the general view. He's not half the man I thought he was he seems quite compliant in all this. Only thing is that 6m clause must be true and he's just had enough and waiting for May

Utter utter shit, honestly you really are pathetic if you think that. Has it crossed your mind that he sees the potential here and is hoping a buyer might come in and.......what's the point. You are just daft.

Still think we'll be fine once the fixtures return to normal and we have the full team out... awful to endure so much pointless football though.

Kenedy’s attitude and form is massively worrying. He was vital to us last season.

Horrible game and performance, but should have been a 1-2 win if it wasn't for the ref.

We don't want to be in the cup so it doesn't really matter whether we get knocked out in round 3, 4 or what.

Why a 2-1 win?

Anyway terrible decision, just get VAR in couldn’t be arsed talking about shite decisions anymore, especially when we played so badly anyway

Don't really understand the darlow hate, made one mistake and one outstanding save had no chance with the others, he is shite mind,but he would be the last one that I would be criticising.

Could have done better for the goal imo.

We all know the club is rotten to the core - Rafa can only do so much. Out of the League Cup and more supporters turning on the manager. Guess who wins again? Yup - Mike Ashley. The bloke will be loving it tonight - proper pissing himself.

Players just weren't interested at all, bar Sterry and Longstaff.

'Fully deserved'

Stephen Warnock

Fully deserved.

He's not wrong, overall.

"The Newcastle players think they should have had a penalty and surround the referee but they didn't deserve anything from the match."

We should have had a penalty. The performance was shite but we should have had a penalty. I'm sick of NUFC never getting blatant decisions in our favour from the incompetent/corrupt officials. "Deserving" has nothing to do with correct refereeing decisions.

The referee blaming :lol:

If the keeper would accidentally drop five corner kicks into his own net some people would still be screaming they were never corners at all.

What a shit show of a match that was.