Nottingham Forest 3-1 Newcastle United - 29/08/18 - post match from page 25

Greg

Howey on this "debate" thing on Sky :thup:

What's he saying? Stick him on the list on the good side

Literally everything. Even brought up the St James' bogs :lol: Really impressed, even shutting Bellamy up who's trying his best to get some pro-Ashley drivel in

Bellamy said nothing of the sort man.

Our inability to create chances is starting to become a real worry. We don't even seem good enough to keep it tight at the back either this year.

With Lejeune out I think a partnership of Lascelles and Fernandez (with Dummett & Yedlin either side) will see our defensive solidity of last season return. We're still okay in that department. Going forward is a concern, but even last season creating chances wasn't the problem, it was Gayle & Joselu's inability to finish them. Getting Shelvey back makes us far more competent in terms of creating chances. Joselu looks much improved which is good, as him & Rondon will be critical.

Our inability to create chances is starting to become a real worry. We don't even seem good enough to keep it tight at the back either this year.

With Lejeune out I think a partnership of Lascelles and Fernandez (with Dummett & Yedlin either side) will see our defensive solidity of last season return. We're still okay in that department. Going forward is a concern, but even last season creating chances wasn't the problem, it was Gayle & Joselu's inability to finish them. Getting Shelvey back makes us far more competent in terms of creating chances. Joselu looks much improved which is good, as him & Rondon will be critical.

Dam! I cant resist! Critical to what exactly? Coming 17th and keeping Ashley and sports direct on the gravy train. Last season I would of agreed and was desperate to stay up as I stupidly thought we could build. That boat has long gone.

I'd argue if relegation meant the start of Ashley leaving it's better than staying up in this zombie state. That's how serious things are now. I've had a belly full of Ashley and a belly full of shite early cup exits

Dam! I cant resist! Critical to what exactly? Coming 17th and keeping Ashley and sports direct on the gravy train. Last season I would of agreed and was desperate to stay up as I stupidly thought we could build. That boat has long gone.

I'd argue if relegation meant the start of Ashley leaving it's better than staying up in this zombie state. That's how serious things are now. I've had a belly full of Ashley and a belly full of shite early cup exits

Fair enough man, I see where you're coming from and respect your position, I just really don't want to see us go down and feel unconvinced of the idea that relegation spells the end of Ashley. Think about dat play-off final money, he'll be rubbing his hands at that.

I don't think relegation will spell the end either. I think he'll just "loan" the club more money increasing its debt even further, for transfers etc, have a manager who is an utter mong but ok enough at Championship level bring us back up and the cycle starts again.

Fair enough man, I see where you're coming from and respect your position, I just really don't want to see us go down and feel unconvinced of the idea that relegation spells the end of Ashley. Think about dat play-off final money, he'll be rubbing his hands at that.

Ashley won't let go even if we go down again. Champo level advertising for SD is still free advertising at the end of the day, he's not giving it up unless he's forced out.

True. Maybe I'm just riled up tonight. In calmer moments the thought of all the mackems and Media etc laughing at us going down annoys me. It just feels there is nothing even to debate now or to progress too other than see if we can come 17th and see what the reaction is towards Ashley if/when Rafa leaves

Ashley won't let go even if we go down again. Champo level advertising for SD is still free advertising at the end of the day, he's not giving it up unless he's forced out.

I agree. The only way is huge marches and protests every week, just a massive shame I don't think we are capable

I don't think relegation will spell the end either. I think he'll just "loan" the club more money increasing its debt even further, for transfers etc, have a manager who is an utter mong but ok enough at Championship level bring us back up and the cycle starts again.

Yeah definitely that. He will never sell it off his own back either. We can't win. He just has his fat mits round the clubs neck. Why did it have to happen to Newcastle man!

All down to our placid fans to rise up :/

Barely even registered with me, this result. Didn't watch or listen to it (I know, what a hero) and don't really care that we lost. Good that Rondon got off the mark I guess.

I'm think I'm almost at the point of actually wanting us to lose again, just to see what happens. Just to see some anger from the fans, just to see yet more focus on what's going wrong at this club.

However the manager and coaching staff don't deserve that, nor do most of the players that are actually trying their best but simply aren't good enough. And obviously it's not at all fair on those that continue to support the club through thick and thin. It's much easier for me to say this as a non-Geordie; as I've said on lots of occasions I'm not going to pretend I know what many of you feel inside.

Sad, sad times. We're a f***ing disgrace.

Genuinely think it may well be Allardyce.

If we go down it will be him Pardew again or Warnock and will the majority stop going- nope

Was Muto any good tonight? I missed near enough all the game.

Caught the best and worst 6 minutes of injury time, :lol:

Busy but ineffective as would’ve been predicted. Workrate put others to shame though.

Bit surprised at how suddenly gutted people are. We never try in the cups under Ashley, and successive managers know they don't have the squad to give it a go. We're always on the cusp of relegation or promotion. A couple of key injuries would relegate us.