Nottingham Forest 3-1 Newcastle United - 29/08/18 - post match from page 25

Greg

Was Muto any good tonight? I missed near enough all the game.

Caught the best and worst 6 minutes of injury time, :lol:

Busy but ineffective as would’ve been predicted. Workrate put others to shame though.

Yeah that's a fair analysis. Hopefully just rusty. I fear another Joselu situation where he has no outstanding attribute but at least he has a turn of pace and is a willing runner.

There’s a combination of many things going on. What’s happening with Rafa not being backed / contract running out is definitely one of them.

Kenedy has been terrible so far this season. But he’s just become a father, as have I in the last few weeks. It doesn’t matter who ya are. That kid will be sleeping in with them, and will have him awake every 2/3 hours. I’m gonna give him a pass on the last couple of shitty performances.

Could go on and list individual performances but it’s irrelevant.

The bigger picture is that there’s huge uncertainty surrounding the club, the playing staff and coaches, the ownership of the club, everything.. these players should be able to handle it but history has proven they don’t. At any club with problems like this.

They need to sort it and they need to sort it quickly or it will suddenly be February and we’ll have a mountain to climb.

Rafa needs to up his game as well. There’s no way we should be losing games like this but here we are..

Barely even registered with me, this result. Didn't watch or listen to it (I know, what a hero) and don't really care that we lost. Good that Rondon got off the mark I guess.

I'm think I'm almost at the point of actually wanting us to lose again, just to see what happens. Just to see some anger from the fans, just to see yet more focus on what's going wrong at this club.

However the manager and coaching staff don't deserve that, nor do most of the players that are actually trying their best but simply aren't good enough. And obviously it's not at all fair on those that continue to support the club through thick and thin. It's much easier for me to say this as a non-Geordie; as I've said on lots of occasions I'm not going to pretend I know what many of you feel inside.

Sad, sad times. We're a f***ing disgrace.

Couldn’t agree more Dave. It’s difficult to follow this club at all atm. We were beaten before kick off tonight.

There’s a combination of many things going on. What’s happening with Rafa not being backed / contract running out is definitely one of them.

Kenedy has been terrible so far this season. But he’s just become a father, as have I in the last few weeks. It doesn’t matter who ya are. That kid will be sleeping in with them, and will have him awake every 2/3 hours. I’m gonna give him a pass on the last couple of shitty performances...

Interesting point, I didn't know that. Poch gave Trippier a bit of a break after his kid was born because he just wasn't sleeping well. I don't know if Rafa has that luxury.

Kenedy has been terrible so far this season. But he’s just become a father, as have I in the last few weeks. It doesn’t matter who ya are. That kid will be sleeping in with them, and will have him awake every 2/3 hours. I’m gonna give him a pass on the last couple of shitty performances...

Interesting point, I didn't know that. Poch gave Trippier a bit of a break after his kid was born because he just wasn't sleeping well. I don't know if Rafa has that luxury.

Depends on if the kid can go 90 in midfield for us.

Guest covmag

Kenedy has been terrible so far this season. But he’s just become a father, as have I in the last few weeks. It doesn’t matter who ya are. That kid will be sleeping in with them, and will have him awake every 2/3 hours. I’m gonna give him a pass on the last couple of shitty performances.

Could go on and list individual performances but it’s irrelevant.

The bigger picture is that there’s huge uncertainty surrounding the club, the playing staff and coaches, the ownership of the club, everything.. these players should be able to handle it but history has proven they don’t. At any club with problems like this.

They need to sort it and they need to sort it quickly or it will suddenly be February and we’ll have a mountain to climb.

Rafa needs to up his game as well. There’s no way we should be losing games like this but here we are..

perfectly put in every way  O0

FWIW, Lascelle's partner is about to give birth too.

I think the fun that we had during the WC had a good impact on how we view this season. After weeks of great football and amazing entertainment, it feels terrible to come back to another season of darkness.

Like many on here, I am thinking of staying away from Newcastle and maybe football until we get a new owner and some hope. Having relentless negativity is draining and takes away the joy of being a fan.

Will see how this season pans out but it's such a chore going into the 12th season of mismanagement atm.

Laughed and just turned off after the first 10 minutes.

Any enjoyment i got from last season has fizzled out in the space of a few weeks.

Actually, it was gone (nufc-wise) a few weeks into the summer when it was obvious it was going to be another shit show from the cunt in charge.

Ashley is a cunt. That much is obvious. But I can't belief a man of Rafa's quality and integrity could stomach a shower of shit performance like that.

That crap last night was heartless from players all the way up and as a club the lot of them Rafa included should be ashamed. Absolute dicks all of them

Can't believe I went to that :lol: first ever away game and first NUFC match in almost 15 years. First shot on goal in thr 90th minute bud glad to see Rondon off the mark. He really is miles better than Joselu. Sterry looked useful as well, should provide Yedlin some competition. That's it for the positives. Just want to get this City game over with, regroup during the international break and hopefully get anything resembling a team going. What a fucking shambles.

Felt awful watching this.  Not quite at Pardew/Carver levels of wanting us to lose  :lol:  But it is just so hard to get really emotionally invested whilst Ashley is here and it's like Groundhog Day.  The whole club has been stuck on loop for a while. 

Didn't cheer when we scored, didn't feel particularly annoyed when they did.  Then I just got that usual empty feeling after the final whistle and started to get pissed off.  What's the point, though?  Nothing is going to change, so why get so fucked off when the inevitable happens? 

Hard to analyse the game.  We were really negative and depressingly slow at everything we did.  Longstaff looks like he might be an alright player, Fernandez seems a good defender.  As for the rest of them and the tactics, it was pretty uninspiring. 

Welcome to Ashley's NUFC. 

Laughed and just turned off after the first 10 minutes.

Any enjoyment i got from last season has fizzled out in the space of a few weeks.

Actually, it was gone (nufc-wise) a few weeks into the summer when it was obvious it was going to be another shit show from the cunt in charge.

Should have done this, really. 

I'm missing the game on Saturday evening and I'm actually glad.  Can't remember the last time I missed a game when it was possible to watch it.  Even looking forward to the international break for a change.

Think realistically we all expected a tough start to the season. Last night was a disappointment but looking at the 3 league games prior, they were very tight and if those fine margins had gone our way we may have been sitting on 4 points rather than 1 and feeling quite good. I'm still optimistic that our form will gradually improve as we get our key players coming back into the side and hit a run of more friendly fixtures.

Guest Howaythetoon

There can be no excuse for that performance and that team should be more than capable of beating Forest. Another embarrassing, predictable and customary cup exit...

There can be no excuse for that performance and that team should be more than capable of beating Forest. Another embarrassing, predictable and customary cup exit...

This is true we were comfortably beaten by a Championship team and not a very good one at that. As I said last night all is not well not only at the top end either. That performance was not acceptable in no matter what way you look at it.

Guest Howaythetoon

This is true we were comfortably beaten by a Championship team and not a very good one at that. As I said last night all is not well not only at the top end either. That performance was not acceptable in no matter what way you look at it.

My only comfort, albeit slim, is that Rafa will look at it as unacceptable too even if he himself is just as culpable as the players for it. There is something wrong though in the dressing room and on the training pitch, there is no denying it and it’s worrying. Ashley will be loving it of course!

Guest Howaythetoon

Of our two youngsters, I liked the look of Longstaff as the game wore on.

I think he was nervous during the first half and looked like he was trying to keep things simple which didn’t help the team in the middle of the park, although he wasn’t helped at all by KI who even failed to shout man on a few times meaning Longstaff was dispossessed or turned into trouble.

Hopefully his lack of awareness on that front is down to inexperiencence and nerves which I think he showed could was after the break as he grew in confidence, started demanding the ball, made passes, got forward and stood up more to challenges.

He showed much more awareness and looked at ease the more the game went on. Dare I say it, but he reminded me of a young Jordan Hendseron, not an athlete, not particular skilful or creative, but decent on the ball, mobile and physical.

Sterry had the tougher night and although he didn’t play particularly bad, he doesn’t look a footballer to me. Lots of simple passes not finding his man, crosses hit into his opponent or over hit and generally looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights when faced with a decision to stick, go or what kind of ball to play.

Early days of course for the two of them and I have to say it’s good to see someone from the ranks get a game, let’s just hope they don’t turn out to be duds and although you’d hope for better, Dummet should be someone they can look to and try and emulate for now. Not great, but not shit either and a dependable squad player.

The rest... I liked the movement of the new fella from Germany and I thought Joselu was good in the air, more mobile, hard working and looked quicker, but overall his lack of quality with the ball to his feet and when on the ball is glaringly obvious. He’s simply not good enough.

Perez and Rondón looked good in their cameo and that’s the front two I’d go with as I think they could dovetail quite nicely. Perez has the pressing work ethic to pin defenders back and draw fouls and the quick feet to slip someone in as he did Rondón for the wrong decision of off-side. He’s also a capable finisher.

The other new lads looked rubbish, especially Ki.

Been thinking today but surely it would have been better to put a strong team out for this game and make changes for Man City.

I think a full strength team would have won us the game and improved morale. Fitness wouldn't be an issue as a mid week game is fine at this level, albeit not every week.

It's with hindsight obviously but we had no real reason to rest first team players. It was always going to be a tough game against them especially away from home. I didn't understand not playing ayoze but playing joselu, especially considering the line up against Chelsea.

True, except if you get through in the cup you have to play another game.

Which is exactly what you want if you’re a club with any ambition. Let’s get one thing right that performance yesterday for absolutely shocking and also a certain concern.

It's started like every relegation season. Dodgy summer transfer window, crises off the pitch, players looking shell shocked even against opposition who are nothing special, a lack of ability to create or score goals. Mike Ashley is nothing, if not consistent...ly awful.