Manchester United 3 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/10/18

BlueStar

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Manure brought on three players whose combined transfer fees were more than double the cost of our entire first xi

The players Mourinho brought on made a difference. It needed a moment of magic to get the ball rolling for them (twice actually) but that’s what happens when you have a couple of superstar players in a side.

Mata’s free kick and Pogba’s flick back were sublime.

Their winner was just a matter of time at that point.

Guest chopey

Genuinely gutted tonight, I just don't know whether to stay and fight or accept that Ashley has defeated me, nights like this don't help and Rafa walking would make my decision much easier, but the thought of Ashley laughing away with his despicable mates whilst the rest of us feel like shit really turns my guts. 

Knew that was coming.  They were a side wanting Mourinho out, they almost looked at times like they were deliberatly playing badly, we are never ever clinical enough with the absolute gifts we were given, from lame weak as piss free shots at goal to frigging air shots.

They were horrific in the first half, and I did question if they were so bad it made us just look that little bit better, well the truth is yes Man Utd decided to show up after 60 minutes, and so did Newcastle.

We need to eliminate this negative bottle job approach, ok it was difficult with forced subs, but we did play a more advanced game in the first half and it was effective vs three at the back made up of two midfielders, what do we go and do revert to negative bottlers, let's play for the draw? No stay on the fucking front foot and have some bloody desire to take on a wobbling side,a manager who is heading for the sack and a back three that nobody would have risked any other time.

Seriously difficult result to take, we won't play a worse side all season than what I witnessed in the first half from Man Utd and we should have put them under much more pressure in the second but we didn't, not trying to pin the blame on any particular player but Diame should never be giving that free kick on the edge of the box to start inviting them back into the game.

So pissed at this result.

That's all well and good, but we didn't sit back. We defended when we needed to. Then they decided to actually play at a decent pace and throw 5 up front, while we lost 2 of our best players. Kenedy most importantly on the break. Atsu did a great job of giving the ball back to them at every opportunity.

We could and should have been up 4-0 at halftime.

First half was exactly the way I have been hoping we would play not going gung ho, keeping it tight and providing a serious attacking threat which we did - second half I think mighty_mags comments sums it up 100%

Genuinely gutted tonight, I just don't know whether to stay and fight or accept that Ashley has defeated me, nights like this don't help and Rafa walking would make my decision much easier, but the thought of Ashley laughing away with his despicable mates whilst the rest of us feel like s*** really turns my guts.

He'll be buzzing that the win bonuses were saved. Looked iffy at half time.

Knew that was coming.  They were a side wanting Mourinho out, they almost looked at times like they were deliberatly playing badly, we are never ever clinical enough with the absolute gifts we were given, from lame weak as piss free shots at goal to frigging air shots.

They were horrific in the first half, and I did question if they were so bad it made us just look that little bit better, well the truth is yes Man Utd decided to show up after 60 minutes, and so did Newcastle.

We need to eliminate this negative bottle job approach, ok it was difficult with forced subs, but we did play a more advanced game in the first half and it was effective vs three at the back made up of two midfielders, what do we go and do revert to negative bottlers, let's play for the draw? No stay on the fucking front foot and have some bloody desire to take on a wobbling side,a manager who is heading for the sack and a back three that nobody would have risked any other time.

Seriously difficult result to take, we won't play a worse side all season than what I witnessed in the first half from Man Utd and we should have put them under much more pressure in the second but we didn't, not trying to pin the blame on any particular player but Diame should never be giving that free kick on the edge of the box to start inviting them back into the game.

That's all well and good, but we didn't sit back. We defended when we needed to. Then they decided to actually play at a decent pace and throw 5 up front, while we lost 2 of our best players. Kenedy most importantly on the break. Atsu did a great job of giving the ball back to them at every opportunity.

We could and should have been 4-0 up at halftime.

EDIT: I misread your entire post. Please ignore me.

:lol: I know I'm a boring tosser, but reading the full post does help.

Thank god, it was getting embarrassing. Someone was going to talk to you about that.

Thank god, it was getting embarrassing. Someone was going to talk to you about that.

:'(

The depressing thing is we are not going to have premier league quality players while the fat b******s in charge so every season he is here is going to be ground hog day.

I think he's realised that there are some properly shit teams in the PL at the minute, and finishing 17th isn't actually that hard.

Of course, the fat greedy cunt still cuts it as fine as he can with our squad, hence the two and likely three relegations we've suffered.

:'(

:rose:

At least the positive is that Ashley won’t be thinking his motivational pizza has turned the season around and that we’re good enough to turn a poor Man U over on their own patch. From where we were a modicum of quality and we’d have been good enough.

Has Rafa spoken yet? Man United love in on Talkshite.

Heard the mackem on the way home. Soon as they could they are straight on about us, even said he’s glad that we can’t afford to sack Rafa, as if the fans or club are wanting that. Fucking hell we are trying our best to get him to sign a new contract. It’s like they are writing their own reality now instead of just twisting what they see happening.

Watched it on a bit of a delay. Three of the most lifeless substitute appearances I’ve ever seen. I know it was a tough position to come onto but Atsu especially may as well have not got off the bus. Shocking.

The trouble is we all this was happening at half time, I bet my lass £20 we would at least draw, every cloud, c***s!

:lol: Fucking mentalist. I'm sat here regretting the fact at 0-2 I was telling all my mates to lump on us to not to win, without doing so myself.