Manchester United 3 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/10/18

BlueStar

we should definitely not be blaming the man who has systematically deprived the club of investment and destroyed any means to show any ambition, nope its not his fault- Its the fault of the people who have tried  to achieve something despite the parasite that eats away at the club.

Guest firetotheworks

Truth hurts.

But let’s all find somebody else to blame as always..

Thick people like you always insist that their thick opinion is the truth or a fact. It's not, it's your opinion, and a really thick one at that.

You mustn’t ever post opinions then. You’re all fact, you f***ing genius. What a hero.

No idea what you're on about, I don't think my opinions are facts or a shared truth. My opinion is that your opinion on Rafa in this case is properly thick, nothing more.

Truth hurts.

Fair enough. What would you have done differently?

Counter-attack. Get the ball and break with pace, don’t hoof it long to a small striker like we opted for. Short, quick passing as we did for 45 minutes. Just because they attacked us doesn’t mean we can’t pass the ball without it being 30+ yards.

Don’t concede any stupid fouls, stay on your feet when possible and force them down the line. Don’t let them cut inside.

All sounds obvious but we didn’t do any of the above in that second half.

Assuming you're referring to their first goal do you think the manager told them to start conceding stupid fouls? Or stopped telling them not to?

Back to the transfers we haven't made because of old Mike. I'll hazard a guess that some of the signings Rafa would have preferred, would have had slightly better decision making than a Diame or Atsu.

I feel for Rafa and the players but nothing will change while we subsist in the nether regions of the PL.

Only relegation, maybe two relegations, will create the backlash required to get rid of the current regime.

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

Utterly soul destroying supporting this club. We just aren't good enough and needs serious investment to compete at this level.

I don't blame Rafa I think he is getting everything he can out of these players, they don't have that quality to be any better.

Truth hurts.

Fair enough. What would you have done differently?

Counter-attack. Get the ball and break with pace, don’t hoof it long to a small striker like we opted for. Short, quick passing as we did for 45 minutes. Just because they attacked us doesn’t mean we can’t pass the ball without it being 30+ yards.

Don’t concede any stupid fouls, stay on your feet when possible and force them down the line. Don’t let them cut inside.

All sounds obvious but we didn’t do any of the above in that second half.

Aye it really is just that simple. More so when you're playing against far superior players away from home. Piss easy in fact.

Knew that was coming.  They were a side wanting Mourinho out, they almost looked at times like they were deliberatly playing badly, we are never ever clinical enough with the absolute gifts we were given, from lame weak as piss free shots at goal to frigging air shots.

They were horrific in the first half, and I did question if they were so bad it made us just look that little bit better, well the truth is yes Man Utd decided to show up after 60 minutes, and so did Newcastle.

We need to eliminate this negative bottle job approach, ok it was difficult with forced subs, but we did play a more advanced game in the first half and it was effective vs three at the back made up of two midfielders, what do we go and do revert to negative bottlers, let's play for the draw? No stay on the fucking front foot and have some bloody desire to take on a wobbling side,a manager who is heading for the sack and a back three that nobody would have risked any other time.

Seriously difficult result to take, we won't play a worse side all season than what I witnessed in the first half from Man Utd and we should have put them under much more pressure in the second but we didn't, not trying to pin the blame on any particular player but Diame should never be giving that free kick on the edge of the box to start inviting them back into the game.

So pissed at this result.

That's all well and good, but we didn't sit back. We defended when we needed to. Then they decided to actually play at a decent pace and throw 5 up front, while we lost 2 of our best players. Kenedy most importantly on the break. Atsu did a great job of giving the ball back to them at every opportunity.

We could and should have been 4-0 up at halftime.

EDIT: I misread your entire post. Please ignore me.

Truth hurts.

Thick people like you always insist that their thick opinion is the truth or a fact. It's not, it's your opinion, and a really thick one at that.

You mustn’t ever post opinions then. You’re all fact, you f***ing genius. What a hero.

No idea what you're on about, I don't think my opinions are facts or a shared truth. My opinion is that your opinion on Rafa in this case is properly thick, nothing more.

My opinion on Benitez is that he has been fantastic, got us some excellent results, deals with the media very well, been a pleasure to have in charge. He has transformed some average players to look decent. But today is an exception. It was awful from half time onwards and as the manager he should take the blame as I’d assume his team talk changed from 1725 to 1815.

Thick or not, that’s my opinion.

I think that was more typical Newcastle than any major tactical failing. Typical Newcastle being Rooney arguing with the ref, and then turning around and instantly hitting the best strike of his entire fucking career.

It's one thing to concede a free kick in a dangerous area, but another to concede. We did it from further out against Arsenal too, so maybe something to work on. They were both great strikes, so typical Newcastle, but if there is any marginal gain to defending them better, we should be working on it. That's two games now with fatal momentum shifts off free kicks.

90% of the teams we face this season are not going to score that Martial goal, and 90% of his Man U career he's not been doing that himself. It was just typical Newcastle to happen in this match.

If we attack the weaker teams in the league as we did today, we'll win games. Either of the two goals we scored would have beaten Cardiff or Palace. Not scoring in those matches is the issue, not Man U's players turning up for a change today.

A Cardiff or Palace don't give you the space Perez was in for our first goal or the space Muto had to turn for the second though, its a lot easier create things when the other team controls the ball

I think a Cardiff do give you space, but we decided to play the ball in the air, and that's one thing they are good at. They stood off Shelvey and he pinged through balls to Perez twice in the first twenty minutes. Unfortunately he was on an off day and both chances came to nought. Much to my annoyance, we then let the game then descend into a midfield head tennis-type stalemate, until the sending off, which killed what little ambition we had.

Any decent squad and Rafa’s tactics would have been fine and we would have held out.

But this is a championship quality squad.

It going to be another surprise to see them stay up.

I mean Diame in Centre midfield ffs.

Squad depth fucked us today, and the referee.

Kenedy going off hurt is, so did Muto. From then on it was always a question of if we could hold out long enough.

Guest firetotheworks

Truth hurts.

My opinion on Benitez is that he has been fantastic, got us some excellent results, deals with the media very well, been a pleasure to have in charge. He has transformed some average players to look decent. But today is an exception. It was awful from half time onwards and as the manager he should take all of the blame as I’d assume his team talk changed from 1725 to 1815.

Thick or not, that’s my opinion.

Agreed.

Knew that was coming.  They were a side wanting Mourinho out, they almost looked at times like they were deliberatly playing badly, we are never ever clinical enough with the absolute gifts we were given, from lame weak as piss free shots at goal to frigging air shots.

They were horrific in the first half, and I did question if they were so bad it made us just look that little bit better, well the truth is yes Man Utd decided to show up after 60 minutes, and so did Newcastle.

We need to eliminate this negative bottle job approach, ok it was difficult with forced subs, but we did play a more advanced game in the first half and it was effective vs three at the back made up of two midfielders, what do we go and do revert to negative bottlers, let's play for the draw? No stay on the fucking front foot and have some bloody desire to take on a wobbling side,a manager who is heading for the sack and a back three that nobody would have risked any other time.

Seriously difficult result to take, we won't play a worse side all season than what I witnessed in the first half from Man Utd and we should have put them under much more pressure in the second but we didn't, not trying to pin the blame on any particular player but Diame should never be giving that free kick on the edge of the box to start inviting them back into the game.

So pissed at this result.

That's all well and good, but we didn't sit back. We defended when we needed to. Then they decided to actually play at a decent pace and throw 5 up front, while we lost 2 of our best players. Kenedy most importantly on the break. Atsu did a great job of giving the ball back to them at every opportunity.

We could and should have been 4-0 up at halftime.

EDIT: I misread your entire post. Please ignore me.

:lol: I know I'm a boring tosser, but reading the full post does help.