Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

I might go and support Chelsea they’re good aren’t they? Watching shitshows like this thread and twitter make me just want to pack in the football altogether. That’s not a flounce either. Don’t enjoy feeling like I’ve got to prostitute myself to a fat capitalist merely to have a day out at the footy and I possess enough foresight to know that whether we win the next 2 or not, the same cycle is going to repeat itself no matter how much I travel, pay or cheer. I envy the people who can hand their ST money over without hesitation. I feel soiled at the thought of buying my niece and nephew merch. If you won’t be stopped from going then right on, the fat cunt will never stop you thats for damn sure as long as you’ve coin to give.

On the subject of whether Ashley will be laughing at the money he has already received for people not turning up;

I would imagine that the contract with Sodexo will involve a guaranteed provision of custom on match days. It's customary in such agreements. Not sure what the penalties will be, but Sodexo won't be happy and if we can successfully encourage his partners that he is not good to do business with then we not only hit him at the club but in his own business world too.

Aye, because you know that I'm right and you know your 'I need to support the lads' stuff is total and utter bollocks.

If you don't want to go , don't go, don't watch it on sky and go and find another hobby, but respect the fact that thousands of other people do want to go and enjoy going.

Why are you on this thread? You have nothing positive to add so why don't you respect people's decision to boycott and post elsewhere.

Guest reefatoon

Damn, there is no stopping this fella getting that 90 minutes away from the wife. Things must be chronic for the poor lad if he prefers a fist shafting off Ashley to an afternoon with Mrs Ujpest.

Aye, because you know that I'm right and you know your 'I need to support the lads' stuff is total and utter bollocks.

If you don't want to go , don't go, don't watch it on sky and go and find another hobby, but respect the fact that thousands of other people do want to go and enjoy going.

How much do you enjoy going? Because if you enjoy watching championship level players scrapping against teams like Cardiff and palace for a 0-0 draw, good for you. Because at some point you’ll be watching league one level players scrapping against teams like Blackpool and Scunthorpe for a 0-0 draw. Enjoy those too won’t you.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t get how anyone can put a match ahead of a family wedding, or any match brought to you by Mike Ashley ahead of a wedding. Even if it’s family you don’t like, aren’t close to. I’d rather spend 90 minutes of sitting in a hair salon waiting for my wife to get her hair done reading women’s magazines than spending 90 minutes watching Ashley’s NUFC just once never mind every week. Unfortunately I’ve done both, the hair salon marginally better because of the eye candy and costing way less or fuck all.

I get why some choose to go because for many it’s not just about the footy, but for lots, they must live a sad life indeed, especially where it takes priority over a family event or controls how they manage their leisure or spare time where they manage their lives around those 90 minutes.

Fair enough for KK’s entertainers, but this? :lol:

It's proper s*** that we can't protest properly like, why do we have so many fans that will do nothing?

I lost faith with our fanbase quite a long time ago, i love Newcastle United, and our support used to be something i loved aswell but it's a joke now, too many home fans sit in silence and too many away fans are more bothered about antagonising the opposition fans, or singing about drinking all the beer or sniffing all the gear (that song is pure :anguish:) than singing songs about NUFC.

I think i know the reason, most of the hardcore fans have stopped going.

Guest The Little Waster

What a mess it has turned out as expected - arguments everywhere! Divide and conquer all over - Ashley will be laughing his balls off

I'd always still intended going anyway but mentioned the boycott to the bairn and her response was that we'd already bought season tickets if we didn't go it meant Ashley was the winner as he'd took money off us without us getting the service/goods/game we'd paid for. Said we shouldn't let him win and shouldn't let him stop us from doing what we enjoy doing ie going to the match.

We've already missed Brighton as we were on holiday (lad at work bought our tickets though) and may well miss Liverpool due to my neices wedding but this will depend on the game being moved for tv.

It's about the visual impact though.

I know, i get that, but i also think fuck him, he's not stopping me from doing what i want to do which is go to the match.

He'll be laughing his stots off at that fact he's had the money and people haven't come.

Not as much as hes laughing at you for still turning up season after season . Its mugs like you that keep him here and in the long term fuck the club over . Take a bow

And its people like you that lead to a divided fan base by acting like a dick. Your type gets people's backs up as you're incapable of putting a well reasoned argument across and resort to slinging insults. Its counter-productive and is more likely to push people in the opposite direction.

Dont you get it yet ? The club is dead . The fans are divided because of Ashley and because the vast majority are brainless morons like you who are happy to watch a corpse of a club whilst making a fat rich man even richer . Want me to walk you through it again ?

Irony of supporters who don't like being told what to do are without complaint nor action, actively enriching the owner's pocket, someone who doesn't care about the club's history nor future.

We must be the easiest customers and source of revenue he ever has.

It's proper s*** that we can't protest properly like, why do we have so many fans that will do nothing?

I lost faith with our fanbase quite a long time ago, i love Newcastle United, and our support used to be something i loved aswell but it's a joke now, too many home fans sit in silence and too many away fans are more bothered about antagonising the opposition fans, or singing about drinking all the beer or sniffing all the gear (that song is pure :anguish:) than singing songs about NUFC.

This is the reason. The vast majority of the lads I know who I used to do European always, Southampton on a Wednesday night etc with don't go anymore and they've been replaced with, well let's just say, a different type of supporter.

What a mess it has turned out as expected - arguments everywhere! Divide and conquer all over - Ashley will be laughing his balls off

I'd always still intended going anyway but mentioned the boycott to the bairn and her response was that we'd already bought season tickets if we didn't go it meant Ashley was the winner as he'd took money off us without us getting the service/goods/game we'd paid for. Said we shouldn't let him win and shouldn't let him stop us from doing what we enjoy doing ie going to the match.

We've already missed Brighton as we were on holiday (lad at work bought our tickets though) and may well miss Liverpool due to my neices wedding but this will depend on the game being moved for tv.

It's about the visual impact though.

I know, i get that, but i also think fuck him, he's not stopping me from doing what i want to do which is go to the match.

He'll be laughing his stots off at that fact he's had the money and people haven't come.

Not as much as hes laughing at you for still turning up season after season . Its mugs like you that keep him here and in the long term fuck the club over . Take a bow

And its people like you that lead to a divided fan base by acting like a dick. Your type gets people's backs up as you're incapable of putting a well reasoned argument across and resort to slinging insults. Its counter-productive and is more likely to push people in the opposite direction.

Dont you get it yet ? The club is dead . The fans are divided because of Ashley and because the vast majority are brainless morons like you who are happy to watch a corpse of a club whilst making a fat rich man even richer . Want me to walk you through it again ?

Ashley doesn't get a penny from me. Walk me through what? Your well reasoned, logical argument? Save it for Twitter.

I agree with your underlying position, just don't know why you have to act like a knob about it.

I can completely see why someone would want to attend a match to spite being called a moron. It’s as simple as that. You have to see people’s point of view and see where the venn circles meet and work from there. Sometimes those pockets of overlap are minuscule but that’s where we are. A lot of people see a world class manager simply being here as all being well. I’d agree the team is good hands but it’s a small overlap. It’s going to take Rafa leaving and in some style to provoke many. A seemingly very vocal element are just married to whatever entity sticks a set of stripes and seahorses on it and will never shift - incapable of critical thought. Those you’ll never reach.

This is the reason. The vast majority of the lads I know who I used to do European always, Southampton on a Wednesday night etc with don't go anymore and they've been replaced with, well let's just say, a different type of supporter.

Customers.

To me the boycott was never going to work, regardless of the past 2 results, it all comes down to the fact that their are too many superfans claiming they won't be stopped supporting the club they love, this isn't the fuckin club they love any more.

I always say each to their own but it's getting harder and harder to fathom why anyone still believes they should just do nothing and keep turning up.

Guest firetotheworks

I can completely see why someone would want to attend a match to spite being called a moron. It’s as simple as that. You have to see people’s point of view and see where the venn circles meet and work from there. Sometimes those pockets of overlap are minuscule but that’s where we are. A lot of people see a world class manager simply being here as all being well. I’d agree the team is good hands but it’s a small overlap. It’s going to take Rafa leaving and in some style to provoke many. A seemingly very vocal element are just married to whatever entity sticks a set of stripes and seahorses on it and will never shift - incapable of critical thought. Those you’ll never reach.

Unless there's an actual marriage ceremony to attend. :lol:

Would you not enjoy going more if we won matches more often due to having a competitive team? Or for you is it simply about turning up, and the quality of the product on display or the results we get are completely irrelevant to you?

Because that's the real question here. People are being asked to sacrifice turning up for one game in order to drive change that will give us the investment we need, which Rafa needs, to make this squad competitive. That in turn will make the match-going experience much better. I remember the Keegan days and the Robson days, and the matchgoing experience was light-years ahead of what it is now for so many reasons. I want that back, or something as close as I can get, and if that meant watching a game from the pub one week instead of from the stands, I fail to see how that could be considered too much of a sacrifice to make in an attempt to make that change.

But each to their own, of course, if the quality of the experience is to you completely irrelevant and the only thing that matters is being there, then that's your call.

Great post there Chris, summarised the current situation very well.

Yup. That's the difference in approach I'm talking about. Chris and KI are actually engaging and trying to understand what makes people tick, then putting decent arguments why for this one game it makes sense to "miss out".

Guest firetotheworks

Chris you're attempting to reason with someone who is happy to boycott if they're off on holiday or there's a wedding on, but apparently absolutely must support the lads if there's an organised boycott against Ashley's running of the club on. It has nothing to do with either needing to be there, or there being any sacrifice at all and this whole 'I need to support the lads' excuse is just an attempt to add nobility to a position that has absolutely none whatsoever. If it was truly about needing to support the lads, that would apply when anything that's planned interferes with attending. It's just pure selfishness and I suspect, spite.

Can't really understand why someone wouldn't boycott one match.  It's one match.  Do some Christmas shopping or something.  No-one is asking that you pay £600 and never go again.  It's writing off £30 for the greater good.

Guest neesy111

Being honest, how many people do all you think will boycott against Wolves. As I said yesterday as it stands now I reckon around 5,000.