Miguel Almirón

Deuce

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know we need to improve the squad all over, but it’ll be extremely hard to replace this guy. His ability to work and press 2-3 player by himself is pretty unique. 

For a full 90 minutes too. At the end of a long season.

90th minute. Pushes it past a man 10 years his junior and does him for pace and stamina. Crazy.

He was absolutely superb last night, that first half he terrorised Estupinan in a way I haven't seen anyone else do

Thought his first half performance deserved a goal/assist so was delighted he got one towards the end, maybe we should strategically get him riled up cos it took his game to another level

Shame he didn't put that chance away, it would have capped the perfect performance. He should have scored, but he actually made a decent connection on it, not that easy to pick out a corner on the volley.

Howe on Miguel Almiron:

"It's definitely worth me commenting on his professionalism and what he did do.

"He picked up an innocuous looking injury. It was actually from shooting in training but on the scan it was quite bad.

"We feared we might not see him again for a large part of the season but he worked incredibly hard with Danny Marti, one of the physios here.

"They worked in tandem with each other. He went to Barcelona for a couple of injections but the work and commitment he's given to get back as quickly as possible has been brilliant to see."

:snod:

His one-footedness will always drive me crazy and I do think it played a huge role in how predictable we became at times. I think it hurts us more in games we are dominating possession and needing to break a team down. 

But he was spectacular yesterday. Great to see. 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I was a massive critic but he’s converted me through performance, application and attitude. Top lad. His actual ability is limited. But his physical capacity is brilliant and his application is great.  Official cult hero. 

Dont think its fair to say that he has limited ability. He got player of the month mainly because of it. Inconsistent unlike his hard work, sure.

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

Dont think its fair to say that he has limited ability. He got player of the month mainly because of it. Inconsistent unlike his hard work, sure.

I’d also say he’s of limited ability at this level.  He isn’t a top level footballer.

The lad works his bollocks off and has a massive heart though, and he’s a decent PL player.  He’s immensely likeable. 

"Seeing everything that I’m being mentioned in, first off I want to say that the things that happen on the pitch stay on the pitch, I never want to fight with anyone and especially with Miguel. For those that know me and the way I am know the respect I have for Miguel.

"Still, I apologized, we apologized and now we’re fine. Miguel is an idol of mine, I adore him a lot and we both work hard to put our country at the top.

"Today he won and I wish him the best. Thank you brother for all the advice and the chat we had after the game, I learned a lot from you.

"Bless up idol, thank you brother and sorry again. I know I didn’t leave a good image but I would never do anything bad I’m young and I’m learning everything every day. Thank you brother."

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’d also say he’s of limited ability at this level.  He isn’t a top level footballer.

The lad works his bollocks off and has a massive heart though, and he’s a decent PL player.  He’s immensely likeable. 

I think it's worked so well for him this season because Howe identified his strengths and how that could massively benefit the team. So rather than him being this limited footballer than runs a lot, he's now an extremely disciplined, highly-effective pressing tool.

Because he's now so aggressive on and off the ball, he's finding himself in the box more often than he was under cabbageheed. They obviously did a load of work on this and his finishing over the summer which contributed to his goal glut. Confidence breeds confidence and all that.

I'm chuffed at how it's all panned out for him, because he seems like a top bloke. :aww: (Very disappointed that we don't have a Miggy eye-popping smiley. Sort it oot.)