Miguel Almirón

Deuce

19 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Our wing options are the weakest in the top 8 by a distance. Massive drop off in quality. This Almiron season was always going to happen & Murphy is not it. There's nothing below them either. It's weak.

Gordon (left)

Barnes (left)

Murphy (right)

Almiron (right)

Joelinton (back-up left)

Ritchie (back-up left and right)

It's so weak.

Compare that to Brighton even:

Mitoma (left)

Fati (left)

March (right)

Adingra (right)

Buonanette

Enciso

March & Enciso have had long-term injuries this season too. But they've got a bit of depth which has helped tremendously.

Our top 2 are excellent but there's a big drop-off from there. The depth is poor And the RW is so weak.

Your are right, we had to strengthen 3 positions last summer for the starting 11. LB, CM and RW and only managed one of the three (who later got suspended :lol: 

Our gamble has backfired of course the injuries play a massive role as well, but we basically tried to be cute and have been relentlessly punished. 

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Your are right, we had to strengthen 3 positions last summer for the starting 11. LB, CM and RW and only managed one of the three (who later got suspended :lol: 

Our gamble has backfired of course the injuries play a massive role as well, but we basically tried to be cute and have been relentlessly punished. 

Aye that was my view too. With RB, RCB & another CM as stretch targets if budget allowed. 

I thought it was a bit strange we went with a LB for the future rather than right now - but I underestimated how highly Howe rates Burn and overestimated Hall's ability to step up and Howe's likelihood to use him. 

CM situ has been a disaster. And we didn't even bother with RW which seemed a major oversight.

I was delighted with the Livra signing as I thought RB was a weakness in the squad. I didn't fancy Trippier playing 3x a week at 33. And we got him an ideal understudy. A top player. But young enough to be content with playing maybe 30-40% of minutes and returning from a serious injury. And he's been fantastic. He's been better than I expected and I expected a lot. But again, I overestimated Howe's likelihood to rotate.

I thought we tried to be cute last January by going without a CM and it worked. We got to the summer and were able to get a top-rated CM in instead. And we decided to be cute in other areas of the squad. The whole thing has backfired now. With how tight we are to the FFP restrictions, I understand now that we are likely to try and be cute a lot.. but could benefit from using the loan market more.

Edited by The College Dropout

18 hours ago, duo said:

The issue with Miggy is lack of vision and lack of composure.  Sadly he's not going to learn those things now.

And a lack of ability. He's not great at passing, dribbling, shooting, first touch etc.

Excellent work rate, movement, athleticism but not much else. He's the standard for a couple of those so he'll be a useful player for some time to come.

20 hours ago, gbandit said:

What’s Fati’s deal? He had injuries or just not made an impact?

Both. I thought he would be exciting but he's mostly injured or coming off the bench from what I've seen. Adingra looks a far bigger talent atm.

Being dropped or at the very least has a risk of losing his place thanks to having bodies back will hopefully push him to his better version of himself. Being a garenteed stater with no one pushing and playing all the minutes certainly hasn't helped him this season. 

Edited by nufcjmc

Thought he looked very good. However, Blackburn were exhausted and afforded him that extra bit of time and wouldn’t get against Prem opposition.

Still, he very much exploited the situation presented to him and made a very real difference.

Edited by Lotus

Can’t fault the lad in terms of his mentality. He’s over achieved really when you consider his ability. It’s all down to his brilliant attitude. Glad to see him get another good performance in for us as I’m fairly sure he’ll be off in the summer 

He is a bottom 6 PL player but some on here think we could still get £30m for him if we sold him. However, assuming no £30m bids come in for him in the summer[emoji38], as others have said he'd be a decent impact sub for the last 15 mins of games next season.

7 hours ago, Beth said:

He is a bottom 6 PL player but some on here think we could still get £30m for him if we sold him. However, assuming no £30m bids come in for him in the summer[emoji38], as others have said he'd be a decent impact sub for the last 15 mins of games next season.

I mean, that’s clearly not true.