Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Miggy’s exactly the type of person to get ghosted and think he’s still seeing someone even when they’ve moved out and he sees them multiple times with other men 

Got to start being hard and practically forcing players out. Got to be told that they don't feature in the plans and their game time will be limited. If Miggy did stay, then Murphy needs to be moved on as we need the upgrade in this position massively 

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Got to start being hard and practically forcing players out. Got to be told that they don't feature in the plans and their game time will be limited. If Miggy did stay, then Murphy needs to be moved on as we need the upgrade in this position massively 

Agree, we definitely need to show a more ruthless streak if we want to keep progressing. Newcastle is a great place for those who know they aren't quite top level material. Higher salaries, the kudos of being part of a big club. There's a reason we've found it hard to shift the likes of Fraser, Hayden, Ritchie, Gayle etc. We couldn't even move Cieron Clark out on loan, he was happy just to stay here picking up his wages.

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Eddie will keep Murphy over Miggy given a choice. I would think. 

Posted (edited)

Miggy isn’t the type of player to say he wants to leave a club publicly, and players are minded on what to say now in anyway.

If an offer by a club that is appealing to him comes along in the summer, then he’ll go.

If he is offered a chance to go back to the MLS, I honestly think he’d jump at the chance.

Saying he wants to fight for his place is just having a good mindset ahead of knowing what options arise.

Edited by Stifler

Just now, Stifler said:

Miggy isn’t the type of player to say he ants to leave a club publicly, and players are minded on what to say now in anyway.

If an offer by a club that is appealing to him comes along in the summer, then he’ll go.

If he is offered a chance to go back to the MLS, I honestly think he’d jump at the chance.

Saying he wants to fight for his place is just having a good mindset ahead of knowing what options arise.

Would be a bit of a downgrade in fees for us if he went to MLS instead of the Saudi League. I wonder where we would spend that £250k?

Just now, TRon said:

Would be a bit of a downgrade in fees for us if he went to MLS instead of the Saudi League. I wonder where we would spend that £250k?

Players have a choice on where they go, I honestly don’t think a lifestyle out there would appeal to him. It’s why he never went in January, and likely won’t go there in the summer.

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Players have a choice on where they go, I honestly don’t think a lifestyle out there would appeal to him. It’s why he never went in January, and likely won’t go there in the summer.

Yep, from his POV I can understand why he would prefer to run down his contract or move to MLS for a piddling fee. From my POV as a fan I would rather get £20m from a Saudi club which we can spend on a much needed RW who can win games.

Hope we cash in. Nice fella but he's an absolute load of nowt in about 80-90% games that he plays in. The purple patches aren't frequent enough, sadly.

Will remember his performance at the mackems for a while, he was absolutely class. And of course the first CL goal of the new era. Played his part but hope that was his swansong today.

Posted (edited)

pain

?️ Daniel Campos, representative of Miguel Almirón:

“Other Premier clubs have asked about him, but Newcastle don't want to sell him. The Arab market is hovering there. There may be news, but he is comfortable.”

Edited by Jack27

Can’t imagine that even from a fair market value perspective we wouldn’t take offers from other PL clubs (and then use those as justification for a slightly higher one from SA if he was willing to go there). Would imagine Miggy would be open to a PL move too if SA is not where he wants to go.

We are right to say that he's not for sale. That's a terrible way of getting good money for him. :lol:

I don't believe for a second that we wouldn't accept a decent bid for him though.

I like that we don't actively push players out of the door mind. We seem to care about the players wishes, which counts for something in my book.

On 18/05/2024 at 15:08, Jack27 said:

Are there any other clubs worse at selling players than us?

Needs you to start a thread if its really gonna happen. 

On 19/05/2024 at 19:02, Newcastle Fan said:

There is no reason whatsoever to keep him.

It's more that there is one very good reason to look to sell him - to generate enough funds to allow us to keep Bruno and Isak while remaining within FFP limits and strengthening the squad