Miguel Almirón

Deuce

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just ahead of Burn he's the most underrated player in the squad now, and I predict about three games before we're bemoaning missing the relentless energy that he brings us. He's played virtually 100% of matches this season and last (a frankly incredible feat) so he's going to leave a significant hole. 

I trust the club and accept that an upgrade in his position could make a meaningful difference, but it won't happen this month and I'll be so sad to see him go.

I want him gone as a guaranteed starter and want someone better either as strong competition or he is only used as a sub and he does what he does best in the games that suit him, if we are revamping that side with Trippier going/happy to replace I still think Miggy's form and purple patch are done to Howe but also how much he gels with Trippier.

Would have loved to see Murphy gone, miggy stay as a squad player.

However due to dreaded FFP if you were to have to sell to buy do you get rid of the class players or the good players on their day that also have a value (could have a different opinion if the fee is rubbish mind) 

Of all of the first team players he’s the most replaceable in my opinion. I also feel like his lack of link up play seems to visibly irritate the other players now. 

If we can get anywhere around £20m for him id probably go for it - assuming we sign a right winger this window. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Absolutely mental week coming up unless we are just offloading, writing off the season and keeping the money for the summer.

Wouldn’t be totally against that tbh.

Think it's a big risk losing 1 and potentially 2 first 11 players who have more or less stayed fit somehow despite this awful injury crisis. 

We are in freefall in the league, with no suggestion our form is going to turn around anytime soon with Joelinton potentially out for the season, Bruno about to serve a 2 match ban and relying on long term injured players to return to hit the ground running. 
I think finishing bottom half would be pretty bad for us. 

If these sales meant we were able to get at least a CM and possibly a RW in January then great. But I suspect this is a balancing the books exercise and we wait til summer. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wouldn’t be totally against that tbh.

Just strikes me that making 'strategic' sales can't be combined with making risky, short-term signings. That's not coherent, so unless you can make the right signings you have to wait. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just strikes me that making 'strategic' sales can't be combined with making risky, short-term signings. 

Aye, nothing we have done so far under these owners suggest we will make a short term signing. (First window aside due to obvious reasons)

Absolutely gutted about this, I've never understood the Miggy hate and there will be fans rubbing their hands together that he's finally off, yes he can be frustrating but he has qualities that are going to be hard to replace. Full of energy, never stops running through brick walls for us and his energy and speed have turned over so many plays high up the pitch leading to some crucial goals, love him to pieces but he's 30 next month so probably is the right time to let him go doesn't make it any less gauling. Thanks for everything Miggy 🖤🤍

like, I even know it’s the right thing to do, but it’s still heartbreaking :lol:. Don’t really want to sell any of our players - least of all the ones who’ve always ran themselves into the ground for the team.

Just as he was getting the hang of the language as well…

Be sad to see him go. Looking back he’s almost up there with Robert and Cisse for the amount outrageous goals he’s produced for us.

But, alas, this is the way it works now. And we’ll always have that moment against PSG to remember.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just strikes me that making 'strategic' sales can't be combined with making risky, short-term signings. That's not coherent, so unless you can make the right signings you have to wait. 

We’ve clearly accepted we won’t hit our primary goal of qualifying for the CL and are cashing in and making headroom for ourselves. Will be gutted if we let Miggy go he’s the personification of Eddie’s impact. 

Seems weird when we're fucked for reliable first teamers that we'd flog the only one who's always fit :lol:

Could understand it more in the summer but Jan seems weird unless they've a massive ace up their sleeve.