Miguel Almirón

Deuce

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Really didn’t expect this window to be “breaking up the band” - it would seem like good business if we get over 20m for him but there’s a lot of assumptions that we’re going to upgrade.

This summer will be this summer but there’s a possibility we sign fuck all this month. Perhaps FFP margins are worse than we think and these sales are to ensure we stay on the right side of a points deduction?

Surely they have someone waiting to come ? Maybe this allows us to bring in a midfielder and a wide man? Fuck knows 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Miggy has annoyed me the last month or so with the chances he's missed and his refusal to use his right foot but he has obvious qualities that are not easy to replace 

Ultimately, if selling Miggy means the likes of Isak/Botman remain untouchable then it's an easy decision to make 

Getting a replacement is key though, we are already stretched in the front 6

Yeah it's why while I'm finding it disappointing to see the likes of Miggy, Trippier and Wilson linked away, if it means keeping Isak, Botman, Bruno, etc and it gives us some leeway to bring the average age down in the summer then I think it has to be done.

38 minutes ago, huss9 said:

risky

we have decent defensive cover but really short of forward options at the moment.

Atleast Barnes and Murphy are nearing a return, and if we don't sell Trippier then Tino can cover aswell. But I agree, the only place where we have a lot of senior players is in defence. At the same time, if selling Almiron means getting a midfielder then it might be worth it aswell. Because we're going to end up with way more coverage on the wings than in the midfield if we don't do this trade, so in terms of squad balance for the rest of the season this could be okay.

Edited by Erikse

The last player that was sold was ASM, with Gordon taking his place on the left.

At the time there was a lot of dissatisfaction about the sale and how much we would miss his qualities on the left, and now not so much dissatisfaction any more.

Looking forward to the progression.

Would have absolutely no problem with moving him on this window. He'd need to be replaced obviously but apart from a single 5 week spell in autumn '22 he's offered nothing other than running, chasing and energy. He's worked his bollocks off and I appreciate the effort he's put in but his quality is generally poor and he's ultimately not good enough for where we want to be. We need to move players on and this feels like the right time of there's decent money on the table for him. I'll wish him well but I'll not miss him to be brutally honest

Just now, alexf said:

If ASM was £25m then id expect to receive the same minimum for Miggy. Scored way more goals last year than ASM so should be easy to justify.

Got to be over £30m and I mean Jesus didn’t Liverpool get £40m for an over the hill Fabinho? 

I'm a fan and think he's been really important for us, not just since the goals became more regular but for his energy off the ball in particular. In an ideal world we'd keep him on as a squad player as he'd be perfect for it. But in this annoying FFP world I can deal with Miggy and Wilson leaving if we can replace them. Less so with Trippier but if it happens then fine. 

Wonder how much Liverpool will allow us to sell him for?

Again, if you aren't part of the long term then this is the time to jettison what we can. Clubs need players and we'll get favourable money for them. Let the season run it's course and strike again in the summer. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

So we run the same risk as we are now ?

So we shouldn't try to fix our midfield crisis that are actually happening right now and in the next month, just incase we get a couple of wingers injured in the future? What if those injuries happen to Bruno or Longstaff instead?

Look at it this way:

We have have 4 wingers, Isak and Livra can cover aswell (depending on Wilson and Trippier availability). We only play 2 at the time. So we would have atleast 2 extra when players return. Lets count this as +2.

In midfield we only have Bruno and Longstaff only for a good while. Except from Miley, who is okay, but not 100% ready yet. We should also be careful with Willock. Lets count this as -1.

So we have +2 wingers and -1 midfielder. If we sell a winger and and buy a midfielder, we still have more coverage on the wing than the midfield. We can never know whether our next injury will be a midfielder or a winger. Just because we're running very short on midfielders doesn't mean that it can't get even worse if we don't try to fix it. Quite the opposite if all 3 of them has to play 90 minutes every game.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Snippets I have heard 

miggy - was due for Saudi this summer (brought it foward to help ffp in this window to get a midfielder)

trippier - also Saudi bound in the summer (Bayern Munich interest has changed things) 

could go depending on how much they offer

wilson - arsenal, atletico , plus 1 other club interest 

Wilson is happy at nufc though , very settled / kids now settled

was rushed back to play when Isak was injured , played two games in quick succession and wasn’t fit enough to do that 

Ac Milan (Wilson)

Interesting to see how this one plays out, I actually think his work ethic off the ball is going to be so difficult to replace, possibly more so than people realise. But the club obviously have plans and a vision, so it's over to them!

I loved miggy, then hated him, then loved him again. The hate was unwarranted but a period under Bruce he offered nothing but headless running and embarrasing dives, which was obviously more a result of Bruce than Miggy in hindsight.

If we were to sell him we would need a younger and better player for his position lined up this window. Murphy is decent cover, but it's a lot to ask him to play the rest of the season without anyone else able to cover adequately. Gordon & Barnes aren't the answer at RW, neither is Tino.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Raphinha perhaps? Still not getting a lot of game time? 

Would hope we were looking at someone younger, who wouldn't require us to spend all the leeway an Almiron sale would give us ffp wise.

acoording to transfermarkt he is worth €30M. We should get in the €40-50m range, and Spurs and Liverpool will be going totally mad about it, but I cant see PL stepping in to do something about it. 

Salah is worth €65m according to transfermarkt and they got an offer for £150m