Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United - 02/01/19 - Post-match from page 20

BlueStar

Absolutely gutting what's happening this season. I don't feel you can fault the players too much, I really believe they each played out of their skin (Shelvey perhaps looking a little lethargic...) They just don't have the quality.

We had at least half a dozen absolutely massive chances to score tonight and yet barely looked like threatening the goalkeeper. I'm fond of Atsu; he consistently managed to find space, showed for the ball, carried it forward, used his pace - was altogether extremely positive. But his final ball is absolutely nowhere to be seen. Perez, meanwhile, similarly puts everything into the game and most of the time he's a decent finisher - but hardly clinical.

We're fucking still relying on players who were just-about good enough to get us promoted. It's farcical.

As a side-note, hopefully we'll start seeing more of Muto in the second half of the season. Can see him starting to become quite important.

Kenedy has been shit.

Absolutely no worse than anyone else. Agenda much?

Find all the other posts where I've called him shit for the 'agenda' I supposedly have against him.

He's been shit all this season and he was shit after coming on as a sub today. He's supposed to be a good player where as the majority of our other players are Championship level. Excuse me for thinking he should be above their standard.

Gulf in class is palpable, half decent players and we win this, they aren't great shakes, we've had a canny few chances just no quality to finish the ball. Rafa may as well smash his head against the wall cuz he's on a hiding to nothing with this bunch. Players are clearly trying, just not good enough, depressing as fuck to watch.

Championship squad (at best).

Owner does not give a fuck.

Manager playing out his 6m a year contract.

10's of thousands complicit fans.

Welcome to the championship...again.

Hope we stay there.

This is no longer about supporting a football team. Just sitting the accepting the enevitable.

Total waste of time.

Must be so demoralising for Rafa to lose to that shit little nonce faced scando cunt. Not a measure of how well he can manage just purely a numbers game.

Aye it's a sick world that puts those two in such a position in the first place. What a horrible little cunt he is, can you imagine being such a shit manager your chairman will let you go out on loan?

There is no enjoyment to watching this team play.

Yes we are organised and disciplined around each players position, but there is no quality in anything that we do attacking wise. No investment this window will see us relegated.

Dubravka did well aside from the error. Atsu touched the ball the most which probably makes him our MOTM, but has no ability to get a shot on target with power.

Absolutely gutting what's happening this season. I don't feel you can fault the players too much, I really believe they each played out of their skin (Shelvey perhaps looking a little lethargic...) They just don't have the quality.

We had at least half a dozen absolutely massive chances to score tonight and yet barely looked like threatening the goalkeeper. I'm fond of Atsu; he consistently managed to find space, showed for the ball, carried it forward, used his pace - was altogether extremely positive. But his final ball is absolutely nowhere to be seen. Perez, meanwhile, similarly puts everything into the game and most of the time he's a decent finisher - but hardly clinical.

We're fucking still relying on players who were just-about good enough to get us promoted. It's farcical.

As a side-note, hopefully we'll start seeing more of Muto in the second half of the season. Can see him starting to become quite important.

Isn’t muto leaving us soon?

Kenedy has been shit.

Kenedy has been shit.

He was average on the occasions he tried and did get stuck in a few times. Also looked a bit half arsed and stood still at other times. Hit but mainly miss. Confidence is clearly low which is no surprise given his form all season and being out of the side last game and bench this game.

Might be agenda but from my standpoint he did stick out a little at the times he wasn't looking arsed as everyone else was working hard constantly.

Isn’t muto leaving us soon?

What, for the Asia Cup? Even if Japan got to the final, he'd be back with us in early February.

It wasn't even a bad performance by any means and it just makes it that much more infuriating. You can very clearly see that Benítez is squeezing every tiny bit of ability from this lot and it's nowhere - not anywhere near the amount of quality needed for a passable PL club. Have no idea why I bother anymore.

It wasn't even a bad performance by any means and it just makes it that much more infuriating. You can very clearly see that Benítez is squeezing every tiny bit of ability from this lot and it's nowhere - not anywhere near the amount of quality needed for a passable PL club. Have no idea why I bother anymore.

Yeah exactly, these good performances where you still get easily beaten are the most depressing ones. Just completely futile now.

Not as awful as anticipated. The circumstances of the first goal make it particularly disappointing.

Man U surely the softest team to play at SJP this season mind. Theatrics all over the shop. Martial nearly getting decapitated highlight of the match.

Guest covmag

Pretty much this, the cunt of it is FMA couldn’t give a fuck, the fans will hurt but this twat won’t.

Relegated, Rafa gone, FMA still here.........I’d say 75% chance of this being a fact come the summer.

Let that sink in.  :sad:

Not as awful as anticipated. The circumstances of the first goal make it particularly disappointing.

Man U surely the softest team to play at SJP this season mind. Theatrics all over the shop. Martial nearly getting decapitated highlight of the match.

Didn’t notice much antics tbh. Not sure if you were at the game or saw replays but the Shelvey tackle on Pogba was really bad

There is no enjoyment to watching this team play.

Yes we are organised and disciplined around each players position, but there is no quality in anything that we do attacking wise. No investment this window will see us relegated.

Dubravka did well aside from the error. Atsu touched the ball the most which probably makes him our MOTM, but has no ability to get a shot on target with power.

Just so painful to watch. Such a glaring example tonight when we had a chance to break from the counter. Atsu, in acres of space plays an absolutely honking pass into the heels of Ritchie out wide, who - of course channels the touch of a rapist, resulting in us immediately losing the momentum and urgency. Concludes with Ritchie delivering a total abortion of a cross.