Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United - 11/02/19

Disco

I think we were a bit surprised about how they dropped back and let us play it out of the back before pressing. Took away our counters pretty effectively and slower attacks really produced nothing of note. Also caused us to lose the ball multiple times when trying to play through the midfield ending in a bunch of great opportunities for them to score.

Atsu is a waste of a shirt.

Also Yedlin must be under strict instructions not to get caught upfield or something. Must unlike him and it's holding us back imo.

Thought Atsu had done alright tbh, nothing spectacular, but nothing bad.

Guest reefatoon

Carragher's sadly right there. We won't use Almiron if we aren't losing.

Exactly right. He won’t put an attacking player on at 0-0

After 20 or so minutes as Wolves were increasing the pressure it seemed highly unlikely we would get anything from the game, but we've been solid since and played really well as we approached half time.

Quite a few solid, hard working performances so far. I really enjoy the way Perez plays when he's as confident as he clearly is right now.

Also Yedlin must be under strict instructions not to get caught upfield or something. Must unlike him and it's holding us back imo.

He was awful for the first 25 mins, but he did seem to wake up in the latter stages.

Growing tired of Yedlin, like. Crossing is abysmal and he's still poor defensively.

He's been shit as usual but in fairness he weirdly has no one playing infront of him. Hayden is kind of playing that position but...

He was awful for the first 25 mins, but he did seem to wake up in the latter stages.

I think Atsu had a really good half. Worked his bollocks off and carried the ball well when given the chance. Was a little ponderous early in the half, but awful is a massive stretch IMO.

Think this is really harsh like. He's not going to score or create anything obviously but he's always busy and I think a lot of our attacks start through him turning and running into a bit of space and giving it to Rondon or Perez. His tackle also prevented a very good chance of a goal for them

I think Atsu had a really good half. Worked his bollocks off and carried the ball well when given the chance. Was a little ponderous early in the half, but awful is a massive stretch IMO.

I thought in the first half of the first half, he was running around a lot without actually getting anywhere near the ball. Came into it a lot more after that and was good tbf.

Aye ok I'll retract that to some extent. I'm basically hoping we can stay in it until he hooks Atsu for Almiron. He's there to create and he's fucking shit at it.

Guest firetotheworks

Kluivert :lol: 'the ball goes to this guy, he passes it to another guy, and he shoots' *goes silent until Carragher takes over*