Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle United - 16/03/19 - Post-match reaction from page 16

Greg

overeactions from the stewards. a few fell over the advertising hoards and some were marched away with their arms locked behind their backs.

Also happened at Wolves away when we drew 1-1 (about 2004).

Crowd surge forwards after Shearer's goal, people towards the front forced onto the track round the pitch (i was nearly one of them) then got marched off and presumably thrown out.

Didn't think Lerma's tackle was a red at first but having seen it a few more times he doesn't really connect with the one foot in the first phase, and definitely connects with both feet in the second. It was a shithouse tackle that deserved a red card IMO.

It's a penalty like, the issue I'd consistency. You'll see that not get punished today.

Yeah but that stuff happens so often and is so rarely given, that in effect it's not a penalty. Like you say it's consistency.

We should have had one for that tiny pull on Rondon if so.

It's a penalty like, the issue I'd consistency. You'll see that not get punished today.

Yeah but that stuff happens so often and is so rarely given, that in effect it's not a penalty. Like you say it's consistency.

We should have had one for that tiny pull on Rondon if so.

Yeah, this is the brunt of it.

The cheek of the MotD pundits considering the Bournemouth penalty to be definite but our case for a foul on Rondon being a possible.  Ridiculous dual standards. 

Aye. If the ref hadn't given the penalty, there is no way MOTD looks at it twice.

The Fulham defender on Gini was exactly the same today. Amazed it wasn’t given.

Guest godzilla

Aye. If the ref hadn't given the penalty, there is no way MOTD looks at it twice.

Possibly even worse also, Mike Dean aka cunt

Problem is players like Gini (in this example) still going down too easy. Hopefully VAR will eventually curb it, as you shouldn't really have to go down just to win the free kick / pella.

Really nothing much happened, but the problem started when Dean gave yet another bent decision against us for the back pass. Newcastle fans were angry at that and just about every steward in the ground came stood in front of the away fans with some of them (stewards) quite happy to incite. Newcastle then scored and the design of Bournemouth's stadium makes it almost inevitable that the type of boisterous celebration a last minute goal brings, will see fans at the front being pushed onto edge of the pitch.