The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Man City have pretty much not had De Bruyne all season and are still going to win this thing. It really is ridiculous. Liverpool will struggle to come this close again going forward. Missed opportunity.

That says more about Sterling and Bernado Silva stepping up massively than it does Liverpool IMO. They are likely going to be sitting on 97 points :lol: They literally couldn't have done anymore.

That was so Nigerian.

:lol:

The casual non-chalant way he took that shot and missed it, and the total lack of reaction or shame afterwards ... Just so typical man. Awful stuff.

Fairly sure Nigeria has scored the most Premier League goals of any country outside of Europe, so maybe calm down with this nonsense you are talking, rubbishing your country for people's amusement.

Never been as disappointed in a player as Kelechi. Don't understand how a precocious talent turns into someone that cannot do anything with falling over himself a few years later. Injuries are understandable, but this is just carlessness and contentment with mediocrity.

Disappointed that City will win the title, as I despise them, but less annoyed than I would have been before Saturday. Liverpool didn't deserve the gift they got at SJP.

It's not my country. I have disowned them. I have absconded to Benin.

:lol:

RAWK:

What's disgusting about all of this is that everyone bar us will be absolutely furiously wanking themselves to death over this now.

I'm not joking, but f*** everyone, literally everyone, bar us, in this league. f*** them all. I've zero credit, sympathy, condolences, congratulations, whatever, to give for any of them anymore. They can all go f*** themselves. The majority of this league downs tools against these c*nts, refs afraid to give any big decisions against them, punits w*** over them. Meanwhile the difference is when it's us, the game gets raised, and they come out firing like its a cup final. f*** em all.

:lol: :yao:

Sweet, sweet nectar.

:pedro:

Man City have pretty much not had De Bruyne all season and are still going to win this thing. It really is ridiculous. Liverpool will struggle to come this close again going forward. Missed opportunity.

That says more about Sterling and Bernado Silva stepping up massively than it does Liverpool IMO. They are likely going to be sitting on 97 points :lol: They literally couldn't have done anymore.

They literally had to draw seven games and lose one? :lol:

Liverpool only have themselves to blame, they choked after being 7 points clear and only picked it back up when they had a fight on their hands. Opportunity was blown in game week 21 and they never truly recovered.

Can understand the sentiment towards Liverpool, but my goodness I hate to see Man City win man.

This. Hate them both so much for different reasons, but ethically would still prefer Liverpool to win it.

If only they  hadn't been such utter bellends on and off the pitch on Saturday.

Liverpool only have themselves to blame, they choked after being 7 points clear and only picked it back up when they had a fight on their hands. Opportunity was blown in game week 21 and they never truly recovered.

How many points clear were they after we beat Man City? Those Leicester and West Ham draws look like the two killers. Hard to bring myself to say they choked it given their 1 defeat all season and potential 97(!) points total.

What game was week 21? When did the results started going against them by the way? I can remember when City had a rough patch but can't remember when Liverpool's was.

What game was week 21? When did the results started going against them by the way? I can remember when City had a rough patch but can't remember when Liverpool's was.

City beat them, then over the next 8 games they won 4 and drew 4, the 4 draws being Everton, Man U, Leicester and West Ham also getting knocked out the FA cup, difficult to call it a choke but when you look at the displays and Salahs subsequent downturn in form, it all played a part.

hf4KrSz.png

Can sort by game week here - https://nr.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/20182019/regular-season/r48730/

Some moment that like that. Absolutely insane hit.

Was watching it on the plane, which is ridiculous itself, and definitely let out a fairly audible fucking hell much to the chagrin of the fellow vermin in cattle class.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has to be an Everton fan on the windup.

I heard that live, he was definitely a Liverpool fan and a right knob.  The bloke after him was a massive tit as well, pretty much all the Liverpool who called in came across as arrogant, entitled twats.

Personally, I thought their approach in the game against City, a chance to go 10 points ahead and put it to bed, was completely wrong. Their midfield was Gini (away from home version), Milner and Henderson, just about their most negative lineup of the season. City played the two Silvas and Fernandinho. This was a year after Liverpool beat City in the CL by outscoring them. Look at the errors Spurs have since got out of the City defence in that wild game the other week. They are not infallible when faced with attackers good enough to punish them.

Metrics like shots, shots in the box, shots on target, shots against, and ahem, expected goals, all favour City, which suggests that if you replayed the season, Man City would finish ahead of Liverpool more times than not. Individual games and incidents all come down to the margin, but with 37 games played, the team that's played the best is on top. In the wages league, Liverpool are fourth, City are second. The big gap is Arsenal fifth to Spurs sixth. We're about fourth bottom.

As a bonus for those listening to pundits:

fouls committed per game: Liverpool 8.4 (fewest) Man City 8.6 (second fewest). 0.2 times 37 is 7 more fouls.