The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Guest covmag

I’d switched off, I can’t believe it.

These last few days have been unreal, incredible  O0

I always hated these two clubs, until these two managers appeared. Very likeable managers. Might actually support Liverpool in the final only because of Dele Alli.

:lol: Man, imagine how this feels, man.

Three guys I work with are Liverpool fans. This morning was unbearable. :lol:

They’re all really nice about it, it’s just hard watching people be happy because of football.

:lol:

This has to be it, right? We can now dispense with the Football board of this forum? Liverpool and Spurs in the Champions League final, a battle of utterly insufferable bastards on the grandest stage of them all. There is no longer even theoretical hope that football will ever be good again for NUFC and all our fans hate one another :lol: We can pack up, right?

I still don't get what people have against Spurs, they've got to where they currently are by doing thing the "Right" way, compared to everyone around them who have just chucked money at everything.

For those of us Keegan bandwagon jumpers (forrin to boot), watching these two in the CL final feels like a kick in the gut. I should've supported Man U like all the pricks I went to school with. But I was drawn to NUFC like women are drawn naturally to an alcoholic abusers. I can never leave.

This is why it's important to have diverse interests, so we can forget about the football now at least until next season, and move onto something enjoyable instead. I'm more aggrieved with tonight's result because it would have been nice for Ajax's youngsters and for a relatively unfancied league and club to reach the final, while beyond Moura and one or two other players, I have no fondness for Spurs. They also didn't play with the intensity of Liverpool last night: it felt like Moura conjured their goals and that Ajax had the chances to kill off the tie, though it's obviously a great comeback especially given Tottenham's injuries.

The way in which momentum seems to decide games these days is incredible. I'm growing weirdly nostalgic for the way sides used to be able to just shut down a tie. Now they just lose the plot and fold like a pack of cards.

It's amazing. All these clubs round Europe who are so much better than everyone else in their league is biting them on the arse in Europe because none of them can defend, they might only face a decent attacking threat 3 or 4 times a season domestically, tops. The only difference is England where six clubs are all giving each other a game and basically all making each other more robust.

Guest alijmitchell

The only thing I could get on board with is that Poch is likeable. But depressing.

This is way too weird man ... I mean, how?

I'm sitting here wondering more than anything if this whole thing is somehow fixed! This can't happen on back to back nights man. it just can't right?

Not sure why anyone has a problem with Spurs being in the final. They've more than deserved it after their performances against Man City & Ajax.

It's depressing because in most people's recent memory Spurs couldn't even finish above us. The trajectory of both clubs is vile.

:thup:

We were way ahead of Spurs before Ashley came along, but because Spurs are ran for sporting success and we are ran for Sports Direct success we have been relegated twice and Spurs are close to winning the Champions League. Its depressing to think where we could have been without Ashley.