The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Why/when did they bin the daylight rule? That seems to be the only thing that makes sense to me.

I wondered about that and looked it up - apparently it was not a rule, just a guideline given to linesmen in situations where they were behind the play. If they saw daylight between the players just after the ball was kicked they were told to expect that the forward was probably offside when the ball was actually kicked.

Not really sure how they can do it though, easy to say should be leeway for marginal offsides until your team concedes one marginally offside. Frankly though I would much prefer VAR if it was only used for shocking decisions, like if it's less than half a foot offside goes with referees call or something

Not really sure how they can do it though, easy to say should be leeway for marginal offsides until your team concedes one marginally offside. Frankly though I would much prefer VAR if it was only used for shocking decisions, like if it's less than half a foot offside goes with referees call or something

thats my thought, if its as close as the first one just leave it with the on-field decision