The other games today 2019/20

Greg

With the way that Ajax ran out of steam half way through the first leg, I thought that Spurs would still be in with a chance. And even when this game when into stoppage time, I had the feeling they'd score.

Great also that even though Man City will probably win the treble, they're being thoroughly upstaged.

Both teams are attack-minded, so it should be a great final.

While we’ve got those two, just have a thought for Southampton.

Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Lallana, Mane, Lovren, Oxlade-Chamberlain & Van Dijk. :lol:

So many heroes for the cause. They’ll be proud as punch.

While we’ve got those two, just have a thought for Southampton.

Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Lallana, Mane, Lovren, Oxlade-Chamberlain & Van Dijk. :lol:

Spurs really should sign James Ward Prowse. 

All joking aside, I really struggle to deal with the success of English clubs in Europe. The whole thing is an unrelenting reminder of the fact that we are run into the ground by the worst human being in the world, who actively exploits the collective success of these other clubs (through the TV revenue) by creaming off the top and putting nothing back in.

Whether it's by doing it the right way like Spurs have done, or through financial doping via Man City, both of these examples of success are the result of the explosion of the Premier League and the opportunity that presents either to savvy operators like Levy or by actual nation states seeking international legitimacy. The way the Premier League is now is basically an open goal for any decent sized and supported club to run at and stick it in the net. Even fucking Leicester won the league through an ownership that has the best interests of the club at heart.

It's jealousy on one part, but also just real frustration and depression at the way we are operated in this world of bountiful opportunity. The fact that Sissoko and Wijnaldum will be playing off against each other in the final is a footnote which kinda punctuates this entire point.

Quoting it again just for the sake of it. Perfectly put.

As much as dislike Liverpool, Ashley would not have survived (probably even literally) his first lie there.

Vile big club Spurs spend their way to their first European cup final against 4 time winning minnows Ajax  :shifty:

Wasn't too fussed before the game, like this Ajax side a lot but I've only seen them in their knockout games this season and don't really have an emotional connection with any of them, and hard to get that attached when they are inevitably getting torn apart anyway.

Genuinely delighted for Poch at the end there, really hard not to like the guy.

Great semis, shit final

It will be a good final I reckon. Two positive teams. Slightly less Latin style gamesmanship. Get the ref right and it should be good. Liverpool Spurs games have been some of my favourite fixtures last few years.

All joking aside, I really struggle to deal with the success of English clubs in Europe. The whole thing is an unrelenting reminder of the fact that we are run into the ground by the worst human being in the world, who actively exploits the collective success of these other clubs (through the TV revenue) by creaming off the top and putting nothing back in.

Whether it's by doing it the right way like Spurs have done, or through financial doping via Man City, both of these examples of success are the result of the explosion of the Premier League and the opportunity that presents either to savvy operators like Levy or by actual nation states seeking international legitimacy. The way the Premier League is now is basically an open goal for any decent sized and supported club to run at and stick it in the net. Even fucking Leicester won the league through an ownership that has the best interests of the club at heart.

It's jealousy on one part, but also just real frustration and depression at the way we are operated in this world of bountiful opportunity. The fact that Sissoko and Wijnaldum will be playing off against each other in the final is a footnote which kinda punctuates this entire point.

Quoting it again just for the sake of it. Perfectly put.

As much as dislike Liverpool, Ashley would not have survived (probably even literally) his first lie there.

Probably a bit delewdid jawdee here, but would it even take us much to push the top 6 with this manager and the right backing behind him? And that's not even astronomical money, just what the club gets from the TV deal every season in the summer? When clubs are bigged up for pushing the top clubs the counter argument thrown at it is there is no way the other 14 teams in the PL can compete with the spends of the top 6, but I don't think that argument is all that for clubs like us, Everton or by the looks of things (unfortunately), Wolves.

However much money the Manchester clubs spend, the big teams in London spend, Liverpool spend, should have no bearing on whether we can beat the likes of Palace, Bournemouth, the promoted clubs, Burnley, teams of that ilk, more often than not home and away. And it's not so much that the club would have spend due to the quality of manager that's fallen into their laps to get there; getting 55+ points throughout a season which gives you a shout of Europe.

Fucking Ashley, man.

Genuinely not going to watch the final because it holds no appeal to me whatsoever - not even bothered when it's Premier League.

By the way, potential European champions Tottenham have lost league games this season to Watford, Burnley, Liverpool (x2), Man City (x2), Arsenal, Wolves, Man Utd, Chelsea, Southampton, West Ham and Bournemouth.

Shame Man City couldn't get past Spurs tbh.  A Liverpool v Man City CL final after this Prem season would have been amazing

Plastic clubs winning the CL :anguish: Won't have to worry about it while Pep's in charge anyway thankfully