The other games today 2019/20

Greg

What feels grim to me is that we might be like the Scottish Premier League for the foreseeable future as I just can't see anyone getting close to Liverpool.

It could be very tedious.

Both Man City and Chelsea will challenge them next year. Man united too if they get a decent manager in.

Yeah can see it being a tighter league next season, Man City will want be resurgent, Chelsea have also invested well and have a good young squad and can see them being near the top, and you never know what Spurs and Man Utd may do.

Guest chopey

Yeah can see it being a tighter league next season, Man City will want be resurgent, Chelsea have also invested well and have a good young squad and can see them being near the top, and you never know what Spurs and Man Utd may do.

apart

Don't forget Bruceies boys

What feels grim to me is that we might be like the Scottish Premier League for the foreseeable future as I just can't see anyone getting close to Liverpool.

Both Man City and Chelsea will challenge them next year. Man united too if they get a decent manager in.

I’d say Spurs have a better chance than Man U of challenging. It’s been a good few years of various teams doing well at different stages actually, with even Leicester winning one. Let’s hope Newcastle will soon break into that group as well.

Everyone was saying the same about Man City 2 years ago.

That's a fair comment.

Think yous are forgetting someone

Edit, always knew chopey was a dickhead

I know they've had a good season, but can't see Leicester challenging next season.

All this 30 years of hurt shite is nauseating, not like they haven't won anything else in that time.

I've had the same from a Liverpool supporting friend. Telling me, a Newcastle United fan, of the pain of not having won the league for 30 years.

There hasn’t been a dynasty in the Premier League for 20 years. When Arsenal went unbeaten everyone thought they would dominate for years to come. Chelsea came along and everyone thought they would dominate for years to come. Man Utd came back and everyone thought Man Utd would just be them old selves and dominate. Man City came along and Chelsea have upset them, Leicester with that fantastic season. Guardiola came, everyone thought that was it and City would dominate, he had 1 season of dominating and last season they were pushed to the brink. This Liverpool team has too much competition to start dominating. Man City will spend, Chelsea are gradually building a squad. Spurs will improve in time. Who knows what’s going to happen to us once the takeover goes through. No team is going to be allowed to dominate anymore, we might have a few teams winning it in bursts, but there will be no lasting periods of domination.

Guest chopey

There hasn’t been a dynasty in the Premier League for 20 years. When Arsenal went in beaten everyone thought they would dominate for years to come. Chelsea cake along and everyone thought they would dominate for years to come. Man Utd came back and everyone thought Man Utd would just be them old selves and dominate. Man City came along and Chelsea have upset them, Leicester with that fantastic season. Guardiola came, everyone thought that was it and City would dominate, he had 1 season of dominating and last season they were pushed to the brink. This Liverpool team has too much competition to start dominating. Man City will spend, Chelsea are gradually building a squad. Spurs will improve in time. Who knows what’s going to happen to us once the takeover goes through. No team is going to be allowed to dominate anymore, we might have a few teams winning it in bursts, but there will be no lasting periods of domination.

apart

So add Leeds to that and you have the best premier league ever

fair play to liverpool etc etc but jesus its kinda feels an underwhelming title win and half feels down to the general incompetence of everyone around them and everyone below man utd being all fairly terrible. Its strange at a time when premier league clubs have had more tv cash than ever that the league in generals quality has dropped so significantly

There hasn’t been a dynasty in the Premier League for 20 years. When Arsenal went in beaten everyone thought they would dominate for years to come. Chelsea cake along and everyone thought they would dominate for years to come. Man Utd came back and everyone thought Man Utd would just be them old selves and dominate. Man City came along and Chelsea have upset them, Leicester with that fantastic season. Guardiola came, everyone thought that was it and City would dominate, he had 1 season of dominating and last season they were pushed to the brink. This Liverpool team has too much competition to start dominating. Man City will spend, Chelsea are gradually building a squad. Spurs will improve in time. Who knows what’s going to happen to us once the takeover goes through. No team is going to be allowed to dominate anymore, we might have a few teams winning it in bursts, but there will be no lasting periods of domination.

It makes my fear seem stupid when it's written out like that. I just have an inane fear of Liverpool winning everything again (flashback to my youth) and because the gap is so huge this year, embarrassingly huge, it feels like they are set to dominate for many years.