The other games today 2019/20

Greg

That’s soft.

It wouldn’t be given the other way around.

Was a clear penalty, good decision by the ref

That’s soft.

It's a clear pen, it's a foul.

I do wonder about you two and your take on penalties :lol: I appreciate the rules have changed over the years but it’s still got to be a foul and to me the forward has just feigned a foul.

If that happened in a game I was involved and someone tried that on me and my mates would just be laughing :lol:

Football is a contact sport. A foul has got to be hindering someone’s progress with the ball under their control. It doesn’t help refs giving soft fouls in outside of the box. It’s a slippery slope and this is what we are now left with.

If the refs let play go on far more and raised the threshold again the game would be the better for it.

I’d be fuming if that was given against NUFC... if I started to care again :lol:

That’s soft.

Was a clear penalty, good decision by the ref

That’s soft.

It's a clear pen, it's a foul.

I do wonder about you two and your take on penalties :lol: I appreciate the rules have changed over the years but it’s still got to be a foul and to me the forward has just feigned a foul.

If that happened in a game I was involved and someone tried that on me and my mates would just be laughing :lol:

Football is a contact sport. A foul has got to be hindering someone’s progress with the ball under their control. It doesn’t help refs giving soft fouls in outside of the box. It’s a slippery slope and this is what we are now left with.

If the refs let play go on far more and raised the threshold again the game would be the better for it.

I’d be fuming if that was given against NUFC... if I started to care again :lol:

It was the slightest accidental touch to the back of his heel. It was nowhere near enough to warrant going to ground, or to even cause him to go off balance. At work when pulling cages the cage will occasionally hit the back of your heel. It absolutely fucking kills you, and you will have a cut heel for a couple of weeks, never once has I or anyone else went down like he did because of it. Just because there is contact it doesn’t mean it’s a foul. Too many players for my liking go down whenever there is contact in the hope of getting either freekick or penalty, when it should just be accepted that theirs cases where contact will be made but theirs no foul.

Case point: Last season we had loads of penalties turned down, Almirón in particular was the one who went down. There was contact but arguably not enough for someone to go down. The penalties were not given and when the replay was shown, our fans said he should stay on his feet more and not go to ground.

The penalty is an example of how the player should have stayed on his feet. Incidentally I actually think that if the likes of Arsenal etc had those penalty claims that Almirón had last season, they would all have been given, and not one person, fan or pundit would say it wasn’t a penalty.

Change the team and the player going down, and people have a different opinion.