Newcastle United 0-1 Crystal Palace - Sat 06/04/19 - Match Thread

Big Geordie

:anguish:

I'm not trying to make excuses for racist abuse, but I do wonder if some of these people making racist comments especially online are just doing it for attention. I remember a few weeks ago there was a Birmingham fan online making fun of Grealish about his dead brother, he got called out for, but he just continued to dig in and never said sorry.

You’re definitely right about that Birmingham fan.  The little scrote was clearly loving the attention he was getting.  It’s why i can’t stand most forms of social media, it’s turning the human race into a bunch of desperate attention-seekers.

No it's not, it's just the perfect place for attention-seekers to congregate.

Racist person in being racist shocker.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is. Are you insinuating we shouldn't care about this?

Course not, i just don't think (well i know) that there will always be racist people in the world, we should try and stamp it out as much as possible, but it's never going to go away altogether.

That's the spirit...I don't even know how to reply to this

Well it isn't though is it?

Guest firetotheworks

Racist person in being racist shocker.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is. Are you insinuating we shouldn't care about this?

Course not, i just don't think (well i know) that there will always be racist people in the world, we should try and stamp it out as much as possible, but it's never going to go away altogether.

That's the spirit...I don't even know how to reply to this

Well it isn't though is it?

When was the last time you saw one of our fans racially abusing footballers? Things have clearly changed in society and it's now on the rise again. I'm not even sure whether your argument is 'it's never going to be stamped out so let's do nothing'

I can take losing against Palace at home in a game we were the better team. I can take losing to that penalty against most teams in the league. What pisses me off is that Crystal fucking Palace win another game from a soft-ish penalty, in a game when that's their only shot on target. 10 penalties scored this season by Milivojevic is fucking ridiculous, and it would have been similar numbers last season as well. Absolutely rank losing to a team which main attacking threat is hoping to get a penalty, both because we should be more careful in our box but also because that tactic is about as minging as the Pulis long throw and that refs keep buying it.

They get a lot of penalties because they have players like Zaha and Townsend who run at teams with pace and trickery. We have Almiron now so maybe we'll get more next season. It would be nice if we had someone similar on the other wing tbh.

I'm not trying to make excuses for racist abuse, but I do wonder if some of these people making racist comments especially online are just doing it for attention. I remember a few weeks ago there was a Birmingham fan online making fun of Grealish about his dead brother, he got called out for, but he just continued to dig in and never said sorry.

You’re definitely right about that Birmingham fan.  The little scrote was clearly loving the attention he was getting.  It’s why i can’t stand most forms of social media, it’s turning the human race into a bunch of desperate attention-seekers.

Yes, it is.  Even a lot of the low-level stuff is attention seeking.  You only have to look at the average Facebook feed to see people writing pointless shit just to get a few likes and comments.

I would get rid of the like button on all social media because it serves no purpose other than validating shite comments and feeding peoples egos.

I can take losing against Palace at home in a game we were the better team. I can take losing to that penalty against most teams in the league. What pisses me off is that Crystal fucking Palace win another game from a soft-ish penalty, in a game when that's their only shot on target. 10 penalties scored this season by Milivojevic is fucking ridiculous, and it would have been similar numbers last season as well. Absolutely rank losing to a team which main attacking threat is hoping to get a penalty, both because we should be more careful in our box but also because that tactic is about as minging as the Pulis long throw and that refs keep buying it.

They get a lot of penalties because they have players like Zaha and Townsend who run at teams with pace and trickery. We have Almiron now so maybe we'll get more next season. It would be nice if we had someone similar on the other wing tbh.

Man City has 4 in the league this season, Chelsea 5 and Liverpool 6. They get a lot of penalties because they play for getting them. They've been awarded 21 penalties in the last two seasons, wonder how far back you'd have to go to for us to get that many?

They should perform better than they are with the players they have.

With the exception of GK and CB, I'd have any of the players they fielded yesterday in our team ahead of those we fielded.

I would get rid of the like button on all social media because it serves no purpose other than validating shite comments and feeding peoples egos.

I agree.

Yes, it is.  Even a lot of the low-level stuff is attention seeking.  You only have to look at the average Facebook feed to see people writing pointless shit just to get a few likes and comments.

You only have to look at the average facebook feed to give them the attention they crave. A tree doesn't fall in the forest, if there is nobody to hear it. It sits down calmly, sighs, and says "oh well".

Man City has 4 in the league this season, Chelsea 5 and Liverpool 6. They get a lot of penalties because they play for getting them. They've been awarded 21 penalties in the last two seasons, wonder how far back you'd have to go to for us to get that many?

Better players get fouled more shocker..

Would it be racist if you called someone a cheeky monkey?

If they were black, yes.

But it wouldn't be, and I think that's the point jackyboy was making.

When I was a kid it was quite common for adults to call kids cheeky monkeys. That has literally zero reference to creed or colour.

In this PC world, which has already gone too far and is only getting worse, words take on a power they were never intended to have.

It is all about the PC brigade projecting their tiny minds onto the whole of society. Just like draconian measures coming into place that affect all of us when they were drafted in response to the actions of a few.

Never believe you live in a democracy, it has always been minority rule.

If they were black, yes.

When I was a kid it was quite common for adults to call kids cheeky monkeys. That has literally zero reference to creed or colour.

In this PC world, which has already gone too far and is only getting worse, words take on a power they were never intended to have.

It is all about the PC brigade projecting their tiny minds onto the whole of society. Just like draconian measures coming into place that affect all of us when they were drafted in response to the actions of a few.

Aye, when I was younger my parents would call us and other kids cheeky monkeys as well.

Calling a black person a monkey is different to calling someone a cheeky monkey. Calling someone a cheeky monkey suggests that the person has done something/been upfront, cheated etc.

If they were black, yes.

Which store? Not Silverlink I hope. Used to be a real man stronghold, loads of top lads who loved RAM and ergonomic  keyboards.