Newcastle United 3-1 Southampton - 21/04/19

Disco

Always was a clever player with the odd finish in Perez. What I used to hate about him was how he seemed both slower and weaker than every defender in the world, would almost always lose out. He is just bullying everyone now and playing like some sort of fancy-looking bulldozer. What a player he is becoming!

Interesting observation. He has become a lot stronger (and braver) without losing much pace or agility. Rafa has really brought him on.

This tv ref is doing my head in. None of what he is saying is making sense, even the lads in the studio don't understand it. Someone needs to slap the cunt across the face and tell him to get a grip.

60 yards of open space you thick fucking blert.

Literally laughed out loud at the shite he's spouting

"what can happen in 60 yards?"

Well he runs into the empty space with the ball. What does he expect? Almiron's legs will suddenly explode once he's past the defender

It’s stupid whinging about anything after a half like that but I’m not sure what Ki actually does. If Hayden leaves as he wishes and Shelvey is moved on that position in the team needs a whole new revamp. Hopefully Longstaff picks up where he left off but we need some serious investment there. Cabaye of 5 years ago with that front three would be incredible

Ki is a decent sideways passer and that's about it. Not bad for a squad player but is missing a good forward pass or decent shot in him in.

Massive shame Shelvey has gone backwards this season, either through injury or attitude or both. Championship season and first half of last season he got himself really fit, showing a surprising amount of pace which allowed him to cover more ground quickly which in turn allowed him to compensate for being weak defensively. Might still be a possibility that he turns it around especially if he's rusty and unfit due to recurring injury problems, but with Longstaff looking like he's the future of our CM I think that's it for Jonjo at NUFC.

Is it true that theres a bit in the rules that the ”obvious goalscoring opportunity” doesnt exist if the foul is in your own half?

No

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

A player, sent off player, substitute or substituted player who enters the field of play without the required referee's permission and interferes with play or an opponent and denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity is guilty of a sending-off offence

The following must be considered:

distance between the offence and the goal

general direction of the play

likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball

location and number of defenders

What the fuck is Walton on about ‘who knows what would happen in 60 yards’, a professional athlete running toward the opposition goal.  He might have stopped for a piss or to order a take away I suppose you fucking clown

It’s stupid whinging about anything after a half like that but I’m not sure what Ki actually does. If Hayden leaves as he wishes and Shelvey is moved on that position in the team needs a whole new revamp. Hopefully Longstaff picks up where he left off but we need some serious investment there. Cabaye of 5 years ago with that front three would be incredible

Ki is a decent sideways passer and that's about it.

Massive shame Shelvey has gone backwards this season, either through injury or attitude or both. Championship season and first half of last season he got himself really fit, showing a surprising amount of pace which allowed him to cover more ground quickly which in turn allowed him to compensate for being weak defensively. Might still be a possibility that he turns it around especially if he's rusty and unfit due to recurring injury problems, but with Longstaff looking like he's the future of our CM I think that's it for Jonjo.

Ki has pressed the ball well in that first half, something that Shelvey is particularly shit at. I saw him steal the ball at least once just through pressuring the ball.

Ki is a decent sideways passer and that's about it. Not bad for a squad player but is missing a good forward pass or decent shot in him in.

Massive shame Shelvey has gone backwards this season, either through injury or attitude or both. Championship season and first half of last season he got himself really fit, showing a surprising amount of pace which allowed him to cover more ground quickly which in turn allowed him to compensate for being weak defensively. Might still be a possibility that he turns it around especially if he's rusty and unfit due to recurring injury problems, but with Longstaff looking like he's the future of our CM I think that's it for Jonjo at NUFC.

I think it’s just this season Shelvey has gone missing because most of us couldn’t believe be didn’t get into the England squad in the summer. Maybe that snub has had a knock on effect.

It was so cynical you could term it violent conduct, ffs. Tim Sherwood telling me its “a great foul” - yeah, get fucked.

Sherwood just auditioning for the manager’s job tbf.