Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool - 04/05/19 - Post match reaction from p 27

Greg

A Liverpool fans is saying he paid £2,000 for a ticket in the Milburn area. There is a letter going round which proves the club sold 300 tickets in the Milburn area to Liverpool fans. The club made £600,000 from those tickets. They usually sell them to uni students for £15 each.

Not this season they haven’t Jeremy Factsman. Should’ve checked this with your world leading psychopath mate.

A Liverpool fans is saying he paid £2,000 for a ticket in the Milburn area. There is a letter going round which proves the club sold 300 tickets in the Milburn area to Liverpool fans. The club made £600,000 from those tickets. They usually sell them to uni students for £15 each.

Not this season they haven’t Jeremy Factsman. Should’ve checked this with your world leading psychopath mate.

Ok then, well last season they sold them at £15 each to uni students.

We will be reviewing supporter feedback and CCTV and we will be taking action against any supporter who sold or passed on tickets to Liverpool fans.

Hypocritical twats.

Ok then, well last season they sold them at £15 each to uni students.

The club was not selling tickets to Liverpool fans for £2,000 ffs  :lol: He's obviously either (i) bought from a newcastle fan and paid a massive mark up or (ii) bought corporate tickets from the club which were never on sale for £15 in the first place.

Saying on goals on Sunday that fabinho was entitled to go down because he felt the contact from Ritchie's hand

Jesus.

Pundits in contributing to the problem shocker. It'll only get worse when a bunch of morons are given a major platform to be morons.

With VAR coming in, it could end up going the way of every single foul being checked, maybe rightfully so as well considering how bad diving is getting. The referee should at the very least be fed information on it.

Make diving (if confirmed by VAR or if the ref is 100% certain) a straight red card. If they want to stamp it out then they should start taking a no nonsense policy. Players learn that they're becoming a liability by diving.

Unfortunately this won't happen, the powers that be don't want a fair competition, they want a product they can market.

We all know that the Fabinho dive would be given as a free kick still with VAR, we all know we will still be denied stonewall penalties at will too.

The big problem with VAR is it still relies on a referee to make a decision, with all their biases.

VAR is open to abuse, and abuse it will suffer no doubt.

Agree with not seeing an issue with people celebrating goals as long as they aren't deliberately trying to incite some trouble

Nah. Home and away are segregated for a reason. If you're in the home end as an away supporter and you keep your mouth shut, then fair enough. Jump up and celebrate and you deserve to be ejected/given a hiding.

Scouser about 6 seats from me in the Gallowgate Upper appeared to have his nose broken during the 2nd half and another was launched down a flight of stairs. Think there was a Liverpool fan sat in front of me as he appeared very edgy and didnt celebrate Atsu's goal. He also failed to reappear for the 2nd half.

Never seen as much bother inside SJP in over 35 years of going to the match. Hopefully the so called NUFC fans who sold their tickets on are traced and banned and whoever made the decision to allow 300 away fans into the Platinum Club should be out of a job as well.

No one deserves a hiding FFS, it's just a football game.

:thup:

I think you can jump up but so long as you sit back down fairly quickly and don't rub it in, most people, if not everyone, would be ok with that. Me and my Dad did that at Chelsea once (about 1986 when Chelsea were a very different club.).

Guest neesy111

:thup:

I think you can jump up but so long as you sit back down fairly quickly and don't rub it in, most people, if not everyone, would be ok with that. Me and my Dad did that at Chelsea once (about 1986 when Chelsea were a very different club.).

I reckon the kick off time would have made things 4x worse with drink involved, if it had been at 12:30 then less aggravation imo.

Honestly don't know how anyone here can want these diving whingeing cunts to win the league. The amount of decisions they've had this season is ridiculous. You can't breathe on them.

I don't get the love-in for Klopp from some people. By rights the title race should be over now. If that's 2-2, City are 4 goals ahead and need only 1 win from 2 games - can even afford a defeat. Klopp has ten times the budget Rafa has (no exaggeration) and his team created very little, relied on the ref and he comes out saying we're a long ball team and implies we got some decisions. He consistently talks shit. The league and media are on for Liverpool but I can't see why anyone here thinks them winning is good for the integrity of the league. They've been class this season and he's a great manager, but they've had so much nonsense go their way and last night is just another example. There's too much money to be had by taking the title race to the final day. We were on a hiding to nothing but should be proud of Rafa and the players. Poor defending on the set pieces but it's a bullshit result.

Spot on. People go on about it being good for the game if Liverpool win the title. As if they haven't spent hundreds of millions and bought favour with refs like the much maligned Chelsea and Man City. Utter nonsense.

They deserve it if they're inciting trouble and provoking reactions. Emotions run high at a football match and a riot can easily be started by only a handful of morons. So for the case of keeping the general peace, ironically, if they get a hiding then so be it.

The whole thing was irresponsible be it our fans who sold their tickets, scousers and the club.

On a moral level or cosmically or whatever nobody deserves a beating for celebrating in the opposition end, but practically in our world they should at least have the decency to know what to expect. Football is a quarter the potential beauty of the sport, a quarter the ease and affordability of playing, and half tribalism and sheer unadulterated hatred. A day's worth of alcohol removes the first two quarters.

Guest covmag

Agree with not seeing an issue with people celebrating goals as long as they aren't deliberately trying to incite some trouble

Nah. Home and away are segregated for a reason. If you're in the home end as an away supporter and you keep your mouth shut, then fair enough. Jump up and celebrate and you deserve to be ejected/given a hiding.

Ejected yes.hiding no...why? Drink fuelled a lot in my opinion. I was hammered and even I got wound up with the amount of fans sitting behind me from Liverpool in the Leazes end.

The way the game panned out made tempers rise too.

Those on the Milburn riled me the most just the sheer quantity ffs.Never have I seen so many away fans in with us, in my 40 years going to the match.