Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Caulkin seems to think there might be some clarity on the situation soon

You mean this?

"I’m hopeful for a bit more clarity/optimism in the next few days, albeit separate from this bid"

I am slightly surprised at some of the timelines in the press about how long it will take to close the deal (not commenting on the Premier League checks as I have no idea about those).  Given the relative simplicity of the business of NUFC and the fact that it would appear that no debt is being utilised for the acquisition, it shouldn't take that long to agree an SPA and get the deal done - obviously caveated by how willing the parties are to complete the deal.

You mean this?

"I’m hopeful for a bit more clarity/optimism in the next few days, albeit separate from this bid"

Clarity with another bid? Yeah that's going to smooth things out and simplify everything. Stupid cunt - if he's not done that on purpose he's stupid, if he has then he's a cunt. :lol:

You mean this?

Yeah, and mentions clarity again in the thread. Assume he’s heard something.

Confident the deal is on and will go through. Just think the news broke way to early in the process where nobody can comment, as it's not done until it's done. It's a shame for this place and fans keen on news, as it's just tearing everyone inside out just waiting. The media are being utter cunts, click baiting the fuck out of articles while knowing nothing.

The only thing that worries me is the noises around them not wanting Rafa, but Mourinho or Wenger instead. I'd be raging at that. Mourinho is a tosser and based on what he "built" at Man Utd and how that went, I wouldn't want him here. He'd piss money away with forming a team of arrogant cunts. Wenger? I mean Christ, his methods are a long term approach but he can't have much time left in the game? he's 70 in October. Just don't see what as a real way forward.

Rafa with money is surely the best option short and long term. He has time on his side and already has his methods stamped in to the club. They just investment to blossom. Again, this news is probably media click bait but only thing I've bitten at.

Maybe Ashley leaked the deal knowing it was far from complete. Hoping to flush out any other interested party and get a bidding war going.

If he signed an nda, it’s hard to prove it was him if that weasel from the sun doesn’t reveal his sources.

Cant believe Wenger's name is touted about still. He's absolutely done in club management, especially for a long term project that this will be if it goes through. He's just too old.

Cant believe Wenger's name is touted about still. He's absolutely done in club management, especially for a long term project that this will be if it goes through. He's just too old.

Exactly. I'm surprised even he wants to be in the game still.

Maybe Ashley leaked the deal knowing it was far from complete. Hoping to flush out any other interested party and get a bidding war going.

If he signed an nda, it’s hard to prove it was him if that weasel from the sun doesn’t reveal his sources.

That would make more sense than the other side leaking.

Assuming the timeline is correct, I read it that having went through DD & all that malarkey over 6 weeks ago, Ashley has stalled & is fucking about (Maybe to court more bids?).

The response from BZG to go public would seem to me the response I would expect if one felt the need to stimulate the proposed deal which had lost traction due to Ashleys cuntishnes.   

I just think it can't be officially revealed and commented on until it's done. That's PL approval and then the payment made. Saying anything now is pointless, because if the BZG group fail the PL test or don't cough up the cash it's game over for the takeover.

The issue is the adamant nature of the BZG and those over in the UAE being contradicted by patter from the local journalists other than the bloke at the S*n. Our local journalists have either absolutely no clue, or have absolutely no clue and are being dicks about it which doesn't help the mood amongst fans on social media. Their 'sources' likely have no clue about issues such as negotiations of a takeover and are giving just their gut feelings similar to what many posters are saying in this thread; not making anything clearer and throwing everything up in the air. Just stick to what we know: they want the club, Ashley wants to sell, due diligence has happened, heads of terms have been submitted. Now we wait for the next update, good or bad. There seems to be an outright desire to have updates on minutiae regarding all this and that just won't happen. Bet if there are no updates within 2 days, there'll be at least one post about it either not definitely not happening or how iTs AlL kEiTh BiShOp Pr SpIn. Because that mong is definitely the sort to have ties to Emirati royalty.

HaydnNUFC. Common sense, well said. This could be a multi million pound takeover of a large business. These deals take months, are not conducted in the press, in public or with hourly or even daily updates. Sure, we all want to know if it's real, if it will it happen, when it will happen, but we are not going to know until it's done. If it gets done. Journos are guessing, we are guessing and hoping. In reality we all know bugger all really. We need to be patient, not listen to or read speculative crap. However difficult it might be!

How do we actually know that Ashley wants to sell? That's not one of the facts in this.

Exactly. It's all well and good talking 'normal business deals' but this is Ashley. We've been here multiple times before, and it's never once ended well. I don't get how people are just casually assuming it'll happen how we all want it to.

Check out @justinallen1976’s Tweet:

Not one of those facts is verifiable.

Also, all it actually suggests is that BZG know the price. They haven't paid for the club. "That paperwork" just refers to a bit of paper passed to the league stating the price agreed. Theres no requirement for the sale to happen at all. Anyone could sign that bit of paper.

That is if those FACTS are actually facts.

If it were any other club I'd say it would happen, but us? No chance.

Also, all it actually suggests is that BZG know the price. They haven't paid for the club. "That paperwork" just refers to a bit of paper passed to the league stating the price agreed. Theres no requirement for the sale to happen at all. Anyone could sign that bit of paper.

Imma keep tweeting him asking how he knows they're facts.

That said that's my only worry, I'm not interested in getting bogged down in semantics and future scenarios where Ashley torpedoes the deal. For me if they've written the agreement, provided proof of funds and details are with the PL as this lad is claiming then it's done.

Imma keep tweeting him asking how he knows they're facts.

That said that's my only worry, I'm not interested in getting bogged down in semantics and future scenarios where Ashley torpedoes the deal. For me if they've written the agreement, provided proof of funds and details are with the PL as this lad is claiming then it's done.

I disagree that none of the facts is verifiable; they all are if you have access to the evidence, which this Sun journalist may well have had through whomever leaked the story to him. If the PL has in its possession a head of terms document in which a price is agreed and which has been signed by Ashley and the other party than that's where we are (and according to the second statement have been for 6 weeks) and if this bloke has seen the document or seen credible evidence of its existence why should he not be allowed to state these are the facts. Because other journalists and fans don't have the access level he does and are bitter/anxious about it? If he has seen the evidence people being cynical about it/him doesn't change the facts, does it? We know his version of events has been validated in two separate statements from the buyer, which adds significant weight to his claims. My worry is not if these claims are true or not (they most probably are), but what progress has or hasn't been made since. We've been here before with Ashley, multiple times, although perhaps not quite this far. I won't be able to believe the club has been freed from Ashley's shackles until I read the club statement confirming it.

Guest godzilla

Guessing again you don't know what's been submitted.

Guest The Little Waster

Just a reminder ... the original Sun article starts with these words : " SunSport understands " ...