Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I wish we knew what would get him to leave so I could root for that outcome. Is it another year or two in the PL to maximize the sale price? Or getting stuck in the Championship? Or crashing a division or two below that? Or is he here until he's dead?

His personal business interests are woven into the fabric of the club. I think the best we can hope for is that he maintains PL status for long enough to demonstrate to a prospective buyer that they can profit from the deal he is prepared to offer. Not good enough for me.

Best case is the club drops to league 1 and the club haemorrhages money

I honestly don't think Ashley knows what he's doing from one step to the next.  I thinks he's myopic, of average intelligence and too arrogant to actually map out a strategy to get from point A to point B, let alone points C or D.  He seems to have stumbled into a situation where he made a shit ton of cash and thought he could continue to stumble into more.  The fact that 2 key management personnel have left recently, coupled with another reporting debacle, indicates that he has finally crossed the line regarding acceptable financial practices.  That would indicate that the wheels are wobbling on his financial empire.

Our only hope is that he needs to cash in on the club to buy back shares in SD.  If the BZG bid was real we can assume that they couldn't get enough cash in to Fat Mike's hand fast enough to seal the deal.  One has to wonder, though, how BZG had failed to finance it adequately.  It's possible the deal was scuppered, in part, because Ashley wanted advertising and merchandising rights as well.  BZG (or any other group) may have been willing to structure payments with an advertising agreement but who would be surprised if Fat Mike kept pushing for more and more?

Ideally Ashley finds himself in a position where he can't fuck around and has to make a quick and clean deal.  Structured payments to be concluded within this next financial year and no future advertising deals to hold up the conclusion.  The big fear being that his whole empire crumbles before he will allow any deal to be done.

Is there any way that we will be able to find out the truth of the takeover? Phone calls emails twitter etc...

Any mileage in contacting the BZG lot to find out why a definite takeover as of June where everything was agreed in terms of sale price came to nothing?

I believe we are owed a thorough explanation...

I think what I am saying here is that we need to know if in fact the terms of sale are so ridiculous that we will never shed ourselves of this leech.

It is time for them to disclose ALL so that the anti-BZG propaganda which the press are peddling over here nationally and locally gets answered - they are being made out as tyre kickers which if it is is nowhere near the truth needs answering for their own reputations sake.

And what happened to monochrome acquisitions?

Can't let this rest lads and lasses because the truth of this reveals everything in terms of intention - shiny poond to anyone who gets a response from the company disclosing what happened.

Funny how they've now stopped putting 'statements' out, and that loon Midhat has stopped communicating with fans via whatsapp.

From the information we know, they seem shady as fuck.

I wish we knew what would get him to leave so I could root for that outcome. Is it another year or two in the PL to maximize the sale price? Or getting stuck in the Championship? Or crashing a division or two below that? Or is he here until he's dead?

His personal business interests are woven into the fabric of the club. I think the best we can hope for is that he maintains PL status for long enough to demonstrate to a prospective buyer that they can profit from the deal he is prepared to offer. Not good enough for me.

Best case is the club drops to league 1 and the club haemorrhages money

Yeah, I just can't see Ashley allowing that to happen. He won't invest in keeping us in the PL but he'll say whatever is needed to get back.

He's certainly looking to go that way. 100%.

But the heinous creature clearly wants his cake and to eat it to. Get's Sports Shite and keep NUFC.

That's the best of both.

Then the profitable one can subsidise some of the loss making one.

Wouldnt it be wonderful to see his whole empire collapse and a big bunch of conglomerates picking his carcass clean for peanuts leaving him with nothing!

I would rather see that than win the fa cup under his ownerhip.

He revels in being a c***.

Does he know he's one though - High Street white knight man on his fukin charger boldly going where nee fat c*** has gone before - maybe all of this will bring on a heart attack  :laugh:

Somebody should refer this fucker to the FA's fit and proper owner test :shifty:

That might have a chance if we could somehow convince the FA Liverpool's future success was directly linked to our health and prosperity.

NEWCASTLE UNITED

In the current and prior year we have in the ordinary course of business been charged £1m per season for advertising rights whilst Newcastle United are in the Premier League, this is covered in the related party note in the financial statements. For the football season beginning in August 2019 the Sports Direct Group will be charged £2m for the advertising rights. Sports Direct still considers this to be value for its shareholders.