Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Had a bit of back and forth with someone who commented on one of my FB posts last night... my post being about how Ashley is now splashing the cash, and maybe he should have backed Benitez in a similar manor.

Some of the replies i got from this person...

About Ashley letting Benitez go: "Maybe Ashley saw something we couldn't"

About Benitez: "He left both liverpool and everton under a cloud, my opinion is if he wants to run a club he should maybe buy a club"

Yeah, i know.. everton??

"I'm just being positive for the forthcoming season I loved Raffa but hes gone, time to move on mate"

"maybe this is the catalyst for a successful future, positive thoughts produce positive results"

"Look at the shite our neighbours down the road have gone through,the hardcore are still loyal through and through"

That last one is almost like he's trying to justify what Ashley does/has done, and saying he/the fans should just keep going because at least we aren't in the 3rd division.  :idiot2:

Truly brainwashed.  :jesuswept:

To reiterate: No matter what you think of this suppurating, clinkerous  dickhead, I cannot envisage a time when I'd be content for the Toon to lose a game. It would give me no satisfaction whatsoever, despite the need to alert the bastard to the outrageous indignity of the whole damn thing.

Right. But then you are taking no different action to before, so you will get no different outcome to the one you’ve had before.

Which is Ashley staying and milking the club dry while not competing in any meaningful way.

If you’re happy with that then that’s cool. But I for one want to see a different outcome and if that’s the team losing so we get relegated in the hope that he is forced to sell if we languish in the lower leagues for a while then it’s worth a try. Of course nobody really wants their team to lose but this is about the bigger picture when your club is being occupied by someone who doesn’t have its best interests at heart.

I’m not totally convinced relegation and staying down for a while will be successful in making him sell but what alternative is there to trying? If we carry on the same and blithely support the team then we will get the same outcome as before for sure.

All depends whether you are happy about that or not. I for one am not.

To reiterate: No matter what you think of this suppurating, clinkerous  dickhead, I cannot envisage a time when I'd be content for the Toon to lose a game. It would give me no satisfaction whatsoever, despite the need to alert the b****** to the outrageous indignity of the whole damn thing.

Total opposite. Lose every game please, all of them, badly. Ashley can't be vindicated in what he's done and unless we're getting dicked into oblivion he will

To reiterate: No matter what you think of this suppurating, clinkerous  dickhead, I cannot envisage a time when I'd be content for the Toon to lose a game. It would give me no satisfaction whatsoever, despite the need to alert the bastard to the outrageous indignity of the whole damn thing.

You don't see that a win for the team is a win for Ashley ?

On that basis, I want a loss every week.

The issue for me, like many here, is that the Toon is not a sporting club under Ashley's ownership. It has no sporting ambition, in fact, sporting ambition is a detriment to his vision. Its just a billboard, nothing more and nothing less. Every other club wans  to finish as high up the league as possible and make their decisions on that basis. But not Ashley FC.

Guest Howaythetoon

The biggest issue I have with not just Newcastle fans, but so many neutrals, is the ludicrous idea or belief that Mike Ashley is at least a good businessman which is often used unwittingly or subconsciously to somehow excuse him of his mistakes, faults and failures or defend him.

I personally consider him to be even more inept and unqualified to run a business than he is as a football club owner.

Freddy Shepherd was a better businessman than Ashley, Rafa Benitez is a better businessman than Ashley, even little old me, I’m a better businessman than Ashley. And I don’t need to be in charge of a multi million pound business or for my business to be publicly listed on the sock market or to be a billionaire to prove this.

Ashley has proved himself time and time again he’s a poor businessman whose businesses perform in spite of him, not because of him. It’s the opposite in fact when he plays being a businessman. Newcastle United and Sports Direct should be performing much better than they have done, are, and will keep performing.

He’s lucky he has no real rival in Newcastle Upon Tyne competing for a share of the football fanbase’ pound and a guaranteed revenue stream that pumps the majority of money into the club as long as it qualifies for membership every year.

He’s lucky he has no real rival in retail that can undercut him or quite offer the same range of affordable high volume products to consumers direct in store across the U.K.

Both businesses are pretty much self sufficient and perform consistently, but if both were computers, they are still running on Windows 95 and connecting to the world via an AOL modem dial while everyone else has long since changed over to a faster, better and more modern system which will be just as outdated as the systems Newcastle United and Sports Direct run off by the time both catch on.

For the club, that time will come too late as we are are already witnessing and the early signs don’t exactly look any different for Sports Direct either.

As businesses both club and retailer are behind the times and no amount of fresh paint, a new record transfer fee spent on a new number 9, an Oxford Street store front, an online social media presence, numerous cashless pay options or new product ranges, new brands stocked or how regular the money coming in remains the same or thereabouts every quarter, disguises the fact both of them are more of a bad example of a business much much more than they are good examples and actually reflect rather badly on the image of Mike Ashley as a good businessman never mind anything else. Or should do. He’s not, never has been and never will be a good businessman and none of his businesses will ever reflect anything differently that points the other way, no matter how much money the club and SD make, how many customers they have or how big the gates are, how much the number 9 cost, how big the SD Oxford Street store is or how much his helicopter or home cost or the size of his bank account.

If anyone is in doubt that Mike Ashley is a bad businessman running bad businesses and needs further pointed in the right direction for some extra proof, he’s kindly put some sign posts leading to his front door up for everyone’s benefit. Look out for Debenhams, RAFA’s Exit, Relegation 1 & 2, House of Fraser, HMRC, Belgium, Kevin Keegan, Chris Hughton, Alan Shearer, Zero Hour Contracts, CEO/MD Exit, Share Price Drop, Illegal working practices, Low Pay Wages, Court ordered settlements, Wonga, Sports Direct @ St. James’ Park, Steve McClaren, Kinnear 1 & 2, Cup exist, UEFA Brexit, Dennis Wise, corn burger pizzas for the players, What bonuses and so on and so on.

Guest chopey

Sounds like he's a Billionaire because of his dodgy deals and being a ruthless fucka I don't think he'll die a Billionaire tho.

Buying Jack Wills.

Another shit brand

Quite popular though, most skinny people between the ages of 13-21 have a wardrobe full of their stuff. It would be interesting to see what he does with it, most brands he buys he cheapens the quality and look of, though his Flannels stores sells other brands well. I’m not sure he’d be able to own a brand and not be wanting to cut corners with them.

Buying Jack Wills.

Another shit brand

Quite popular though, most skinny people between the ages of 13-21 have a wardrobe full of their stuff. It would be interesting to see what he does with it, most brands he buys he cheapens the quality and look of, though his Flannels stores sells other brands well. I’m not sure he’d be able to own a brand and not be wanting to cut corners with them.

Might be popular but it's not a viable business hence the administration.  Brick and mortar stores need to come up with a new strategy if they're to somehow compete with online.

He's not a billionaire any more is he? Thought his value had dropped to £700m or so. Obviously nothing compared to HTT's family business but nothing to be sneezed at.

Supposedly he made £900 million + from floating SD on the stock market and also stayed a major shareholder.

So unless he has blown all that.