Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Pretty sure this is just Ashley f***ing with us again. Him and Kenyon seem far too close for comfort.

:thup: "look at how crap the alternatives are, remember how I'm doing you all a favour by owning the club. LEEDS".

Everything related to Ashley is PR bullshit.

Pretty sure this is just Ashley f***ing with us again. Him and Kenyon seem far too close for comfort.

:thup: "look at how crap the alternatives are, remember how I'm doing you all a favour by owning the club. LEEDS".

Everything related to Ashley is PR bullshit.

Exactly. And Kenyon gets exposure so he can sell his services to any consortia who are actually looking to buy a club for real.

By default, it'll be a great day when Ashley leaves. But I don't trust Kenyon to be much different tbh, and are these guys even rich?

In other news, this definitely won't happen.

Does being rich matter? I’d trust him to use our money correctly and market us properly to grow us naturally. There’s not many new owners about buying clubs who have a background in running a club, he’s had two spells at two of the most successful clubs, and was significant in expanding both.

Exactly! They doesn't have to be rich just run the club with the money the club generates.

- TV-money

- Match revenue

- Sponsor deals

etc.

Peter Kenyon is good on the buisiness side of football. He can make the club grow without putting much money in. It's the money the club generates that should be used to buy players. Just as Ashley says actually. Problem with Ashley is that he doesn't make the club generate enough money. On occation when he does he takes the money out himself.

But Kenyon has done this before with succes at both Man Utd and Chelsea.

What concerns me is that they want to buy the club in installments. They must buy the club with their own money. Not with the money the club will generate.

Guest chopey

Plus there's Kenyon £15 million management fee to pay for, that garage he rents off the council and calls it his office doesn't pay for itself you know.

Kenyon would be an absolute disaster with this proposed model.

Why? Did he not do okay at Man Utd and Chelsea?

Also surley got to be better than Ashley.

he wouldn't actually. he is buying the club with debt which he will transfer to the club. paying dividends to him and his consortium every year whilst putting less money n=in the team than Ashley. he will double ticket prices like he did at man utd and Chelsea. he is also letting SD keep the advertising and run the club shops. it would be the worst of all worlds.

Kenyon would be an absolute disaster with this proposed model.

Why? Did he not do okay at Man Utd and Chelsea?

Also surley got to be better than Ashley.

he wouldn't actually. he is buying the club with debt which he will transfer to the club. paying dividends to him and his consortium every year whilst putting less money n=in the team than Ashley. he will double ticket prices like he did at man utd and Chelsea. he is also letting SD keep the advertising and run the club shops. it would be the worst of all worlds.

Where is all this information coming from? is this guess work or have I missed something?

Guest neesy111

He's had to put out a brochure to attract money, that means he will owe the money to whoever lends him it.  Quite logical.

It'll probably be similar to how Man Utd were bought out and I don't want it at all.

I don't really care as long as Ashley is gone. New owners might be shit, but their shitness will result in a quicker and easier resale down the line if things don't work out. If things do work out then all is fine and dandy so a win-win situation compared to how it is now.

I don't really care as long as Ashley is gone. New owners might be s***, but their shitness will result in a quicker and easier resale down the line if things don't work out. If things do work out then all is fine and dandy so a win-win situation compared to how it is now.

I tend to agree - and with this type of takeover the only way these people make money is for us to improve and be considerably better than we are now. That is of course no guarantee but it’s more ambitious than trying to finish 17th every season as cheaply as possible.

I don't really care as long as Ashley is gone. New owners might be s***, but their shitness will result in a quicker and easier resale down the line if things don't work out. If things do work out then all is fine and dandy so a win-win situation compared to how it is now.

I tend to agree - and with this type of takeover the only way these people make money is for us to improve and be considerably better than we are now. That is of course no guarantee but it’s more ambitious than trying to finish 17th every season as cheaply as possible.

I believe if you can remove Sports Direct you can easily increase commercial revenue in the club. If you do this even without investment from new owners the club can meet the demands good managers require for players, training facilities etc without too many problems. That's all I want. If they make a few quid at the end fair enough. I'd happily bring back the Sir John Hall, Freddy Shepherd era where they were taking money from the club whilst still seeing investment and progression in the club. End of the day if the club can push towards success rather than settling as we are now, a share offering will bring them their money back in no time.

If they're doing instalments so that they can invest in the club short term then I don't see the problem. Not many people who can afford to buy outright and spend 100-150m on the infrastructure and squad improvements needed off the bat.

I mean, say what you want about Kenyon, but could you really see that guy installing Kinnear, Pardew, Carver, McClaren or Bruce as manager?! Absolutely not.

Mike Ashley has to go as a priority first, and then figure the rest out from there.

I don't really care as long as Ashley is gone. New owners might be shit, but their shitness will result in a quicker and easier resale down the line if things don't work out. If things do work out then all is fine and dandy so a win-win situation compared to how it is now.

I'm the same.

I genuinely don't think any owners can be as bad as this fat twat. He has destroyed our fan-base and has literally sucked the soul of NUFC.

Guest chopey

Buy the club, make Rafa manager of all football matters with a sensible budget to work to and make Newcastle United the centre of the community

Buy the club, make Rafa manager of all football matters with a sensible budget to work to and make Newcastle United the centre of the community

Simple for anyone with a brain!

It wouldn't surprise me if he's trying to tell investors over there about us!