Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Bruce gone by December I think. Allardyce paid an absolute fortune to come in and attempt to save us. Wild celebrations from the SJP loyelest supportas as we scrape 17th on the final day of the season. Fair play to big mike for acting when necessary, credit where credits due, pass me a season ticket renewal form.

If we go down, keeping Bruce is a good thing. Improves the chances of not getting automatic promotion. Ashley will spend to get us up. If crowds and ST goes down significantly then the second season in the championship will be even harder as Ashley will most likely have to sell players without buying unless he gambles and puts his own money into the club. With the tragic investment in youth there won't be many, if any, youth players that will be able to step up either.

He still spent more than the rest of the league (bar Villa maybe?) on new players regardless of how much we got from player sales last time we went down. That's pretty normal for any club that gets relegated since the best players wants to remain at the highest level and the club is usually not able to justify having players with such a high wage in a lower division.

The previous relegation he spent in January to secure promotion even though we probably wouldn't have needed to do so.

We made 30m on transfers last time we went down, but the club still lost money because of high wages. This time even if we make the same amount on transfers, it'll cost much more in wages. And if we don't come up the first season, he's going to have to pump in something like 100m to keep the same players. Either way, if we go down this time, it's going to cost him much more than it did last time. And if we don't come back up, it's going to cost him a shit load of money. Sincerely hoping this happens because I think this will be the only way he'll sell.

The best part about how thin our squad is right now is that there's really nobody he can sell for a profit. Maybe Almiron. No one is paying 40m for Joelinton. If ASM is injured all season, we'll be lucky to recoup what was spent. Longstaff might go, but in his current form he's not a premierleague player. Our good CBs like Fernandes and Schar will have 0 and 1 year left on their deals at the end of this season, Yedlin will have 1 year to go. This relegation will cost Ashley real money.

The best part about how thin our squad is right now is that there's really nobody he can sell for a profit. Maybe Almiron. No one is paying 40m for Joelinton. If ASM is injured all season, we'll be lucky to recoup what was spent. Longstaff might go, but in his current form he's not a premierleague player. Our good CBs like Fernandes and Schar will have 0 and 1 year left on their deals at the end of this season, Yedlin will have 1 year to go. This relegation will cost Ashley real money.

Sounds good to me

Now I'm not Joe Allons greatest fan but he does nail some points here:

Allon, speaking to Love Sport Radio earlier today, had this to say about the possible £300m takeover bid tabled by former Manchester United and Chelsea chief Peter Kenyon: "It’s like getting the Michael Owen DVD bought for you, guess what, it wouldn’t play.

"The Peter Kenyon brochure, firstly, have you got any tipp-ex handy because all they did was tipp-exed Rafa's name out and put Steve bruce in!

"Steve Bruce ‘is a manager with unparalleled success in, wait for it, Europe’. Pray tell, my gosh, Greggs in Benidorm?!

"It’s like Sunderland in Europe - the last time Sunderland were in Europe they let the sails down, snapped the oars and threw the cannons over the side.

"It’s just a PR stunt. It’s a cheap diversionary tactic. It’s farcical. It won’t be taken seriously by the fans or the EPL or the Premier League and I tell you it’s just another smoke screen."

Now I'm not Joe Allons greatest fan but he does nail some points here:

Allon, speaking to Love Sport Radio earlier today, had this to say about the possible £300m takeover bid tabled by former Manchester United and Chelsea chief Peter Kenyon: "It’s like getting the Michael Owen DVD bought for you, guess what, it wouldn’t play.

"The Peter Kenyon brochure, firstly, have you got any tipp-ex handy because all they did was tipp-exed Rafa's name out and put Steve bruce in!

"Steve Bruce ‘is a manager with unparalleled success in, wait for it, Europe’. Pray tell, my gosh, Greggs in Benidorm?!

"It’s like Sunderland in Europe - the last time Sunderland were in Europe they let the sails down, snapped the oars and threw the cannons over the side.

"It’s just a PR stunt. It’s a cheap diversionary tactic. It’s farcical. It won’t be taken seriously by the fans or the EPL or the Premier League and I tell you it’s just another smoke screen."

Ashley, selling club, PR stunt, diversionary tactic. As has always been the case.

This cunts “empire” is crumbling, enjoy it  O0

If it does, it will be pretty hard to enjoy as nufc will be dragged to the bottom with it.  Aye, if that's what it takes to get rid of him so be it, but it will definitely hurt.

Guest covmag

This cunts “empire” is crumbling, enjoy it  O0

If it does, it will be pretty hard to enjoy as nufc will be dragged to the bottom with it.  Aye, if that's what it takes to get rid of him so be it, but it will definitely hurt.

I keep saying it's not what I want but it really does seem the only way.All aboard the doom bus

Guest chopey

Ashley's decision making with regards to NUFC is so poor that we can only end up failing, Rafa took the decision making out of his hands for a bit and the club took off, a few weeks after that power was taking from Rafa the club is doomed.